In Motion Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

In Motion Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am

We are always in motion, if only moving through the universe on this spaceship Earth or moving through time.

As long as we are in motion anyway, is it useful motion or are you spinning your wheels?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: In Motion Monday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:10 am

An hour just slipped by but I dealt with almost 200 emails and the washer was running while I sat here.

My computer is getting low on battery power so I'll plug it in and take my shower.

We need to be out of here in 1:50. I will attempt to remake the bed with clean sheets and do all the easy Monday chores before we leave. Plus have my breakfast.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 am

I could not sleep. Lite snow seems to have stopped, 3" total here now. Winter weather advisory, schools on 2 he. Delay. Big fire on the town close to the Canada border. Went down the family tree rabbit hole. Lol! More snow to shovel when it gets light. Snow plows have not been by here. Schools in the higher elevations are not running and closed.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 am

hello d kathryn.
I am enjoying the idea of getting myself in Motion on this wonderful Monday.
good for you getting rid of those emails

hello d nancy.
sorry you slept badly yesterday.

hello everyone!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:59 am

I'm trying hard to get "in motion"! Came home from staying with dsisil about 6:30 last night. DD stayed to spend the night with her and has taken a 'sick' day today. We were hoping dbil was coming home today but it's becoming rather doubtful. They saw something on his EKG yesterday and wanted to wait until today after his cardiologist sees him. But, they've taken him for another EKG and then are going to do a nuclear stress test (which I know takes a few hours). DD and dsisil are at the hospital right now. They'll stay with him if he's having the stress test later, but dd's taking her shopping at H obby L obby if he's going right down for that. Know it's going to get more complicated for everyone if dbil isn't able to come home. Very obviously he is going to have to put some kind of plan in place for her if he ever has to go in the hospital again and we're not here.

Then just before 4:30 this morning dsonil came to get dh up as he couldn't get his car started. Grrrr…...he couldn't get it started without a jump Saturday morning & he was SUPPOSED to stop at an auto place to get the battery checked. He did not. But the strange thing is he had the car started & had forgotten something and turned it off to come in. Couldn't restart it and the keys were stuck in the ignition. DD just called and wants dh to check to make sure dsonil had it all the way in "park". I can remember that happening with our Chryslers more than once. So here's hoping that's the only problem.

Unfortunately when dh took dsonil to work, I started watching for the headlights to hit the ceiling of him coming back in. Knew he should be back in under an hour. Finally at 6 I tried calling him only to have his phone ring in the bedroom! Was all ready to try calling dd but decided to come out here first & didn't see our car in the driveway. So then I thought perhaps he'd pulled around back. Went into the living room to go to the back door and there he was asleep in dsonil's recliner. He didn't want to 'disturb' me. Well guess what?! I was totally disturbed because when I got back in the bedroom I just plain sobbed for about 10 minutes. Guess I was more stressed than even I realized.

Boy, that was a lot of ranting. I'm just sipping my coffee. Dh has gone to the hearing aid center for another appointment. One aid has been whistling ever since they worked on it last Wednesday. They called him back Friday & made an appointment for this morning. They tried to talk him into new hearing aids as the hearing in his left ear is now just about nil. He's pretty much decided to wait until we come back in the fall. We'll see.

Have a migraine this morning -wonder why! :shock: :roll: I've taken med for it, so hoping it'll dissipate soon.

While I was at dsisil's yesterday, alone, I changed a set of blocks on top of their china cabinet that spell "Believe" with a candle as the "L". It's been spelled Beleive and has bugged dd and me for a very long time. They'll probably never notice that it's different. :lol: DD texted back to me "Yay, you!"
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:00 am

today's hope for moving forward on this monday:

I love snow but I am getting tired of it but not ready for spring to come because as soon as that first flower comes than I leave my decluttering behind for the summer.

my routines, my home blessing, work with papers this afternoon, dinner, go to gym,
calls

I still want to put things off but I have learned a lot from Kat to limit my vision to one thing at a time. I only have to do my routines, my basic weekly plan, and 4 declutters (for now) a week. I now am able to add simple zone work one day a week.

my inner brat wants to stamp on my foot and say no. I looked back in my journals and it is amazing how many times she shows up. lol. I used to think it was a failure but now I know I over goaled and have too much stuff (still).

I was so proud of dh. I never mentioned to him to declutter but he did! He went in his closet and got rid of some things. This sweet man still has shoes from the 70's when he was a teen lol

Waving to all of you... have an awesome day.
keep telling myself - no catching up - plan it out - step in where I am 8-) :lol:

I ordered 1 800 got junk to pick up dd older stuff in the basement that she approved yesterday
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 am

hello d dee
praying
oh sweet dee (sobbing) my heart is with you. sending you big big hugs. All of this is stressful.
I love your sweet dd's text to you about the candle... yay you! love it!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 am

as soon as that first flower comes than I leave my decluttering behind for the summer.
Can you make an "appointment" with yourself for say 15 minutes a day for that continued decluttering, Blessed? Start now with an extra 15 if you need to just so you'll be in the habit. Dh has one pair of shoes he's still wearing that he bought back in 1996 I think. He bought new ones to wear for the ceremony at the Smithsonian for the declassification of the Corona Project. Evidently they were good ones! Of course he only wears them mostly for church and even then not every Sunday.

Maybe I need to take my own advice and schedule that 15 minutes of decluttering (even here) every day. I'll try.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:53 am

1st round of snow shoveling is done.
H is off and has a snow day.
Back trying to get h using my other tablet ack it is frustrating. Bc his e mail is trobling us.
It would not sync.
I have cooked meat for using later.
I have dumped the trash and got the letters out to the mailbox.
Made progress h is checking his e-mail.
Laundry is going now.
More coffee!
Snow plow has been by in both directions.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:42 pm

yay on getting shovelling done
d nancy
good luck on the tablet!!!

d dee - what a nice way to start decluttering
thank you!
yes I have been decluttering in small amounts of time but every so often I still get hit with the overwhelms! like today - I know got junk is coming to get rid of dd older's stuff and the empty over used plastic containers in the crawl space. I don't know why but I got hit with - oh my gosh 1/2 my basement will be empty. Other days I am overwhelmed by how much clutter is down there bc of dd's - mine has minimized a lot. I wonder what that is about. I know then I have to clean there. dd youngers stuff is overwhelming. I have no idea why I am panicking a bit knowing they are coming even though dd has everything marked. it's all stuff I don't want and she doesn't want.

I have been decluttering over the years and am seeing some head way - but now I see all the work the house needs and right now cash is an issue. I am sure that has something to do with it. I have no Idea why I feel so overwhelmed and stressed. no clue - I am not doing the work, they are. I have been working towards this for so long. Dog gone that psychological stuff ;)

that's so cool about the corona project at the smithsonian!!!

cheering you on through your day everyone.

Return to “Post When You Can”