Tuesday - 5 x 5's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday - 5 x 5's

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:29 pm

I got my pictures of dgsM2 up in their facebook group so his other grandmother can see. And also dd (although she looked at them quickly on my camera.)

He was much more engaged at the toddler time, no wandering away from everyone at all. Front and centre a lot of the time. It is amazing how much they change in just 7 weeks. Last time we spent maybe 10 minutes engaged with the activities.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 pm

Waving from Wednesday.

Tuesday evening I read most of a stu..d Mills and %oon. Did no one think about location realities, or a plot holes to drive a truck through? Does anyone know a place where heavy drenching rain and ground frost are simultaneously present? Maybe it was sufficiently away from the downpour.
Anyway, there was no list of folk who kindly preread the book, and it showed. I'm back to a boycott of those new collection of library books - hardcovered trash is me being picky. perhaps. Judgemental anyway.
Earlier as it was so hot inside I retreated outside and finished another novel of a historical series. I've read another in the series at some stage and am left wanting more of that family dynest's story.
Finished the day with a shiny sink, bins at the curb, and in bed at resired time. Pity about the lights out aspect.

Blessed - you remind me I still have to do a list for today.
done.

poof to hang washing out, next lot on.
done

Prayers for everyone's safety.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:19 pm

My afternoon went well. All appointments made on time.

is there a reason you are fasting. doesn't that slow down your metabolism

Blessed - I've been posting in H&F section about my learning effort in Intermittent Fasting. I am a newbie at it, but so far I have found it speeds up my metabolism. My physical energy level zooms up when I'm fasting and my mental thinking gets clearer and quicker. Keto WOE makes my hunger go away. I'm having a hard time finding something I don't like about fasting. However, I remain leery about it and keep waiting for the "other shoe to drop". Until I get more experience with how my body reacts to fasting, I'm not ready to fast 20+ hours during times that I'm spending hours driving and interacting with people.

I just texted DD and told her that DGD7 was concerned because she didn't have any Valentine cards to give her classmates at school on Thursday. It would have been easier for me to just provide Valentine cards to DGD7 than to remind DD that it was needed. But I'm trying to keep myself out of DGD7 parental role as much as possible.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:53 pm

Lynlee asked:

Does anyone know a place where heavy drenching rain and ground frost are simultaneously present?

Here. We get this quite often. The frost remains in the ground for quite along time after the majority of snow has gone. So a bright sunny day, green grass, the lovely smell of earth but dig down 12" and you'll hit ice.

When we get torrential rains in the winter or spring (yes we get heavy rainfall at times in the winter during a 'thaw', a misnomer, things barely thaw, it just gets above freezing for a few days), we get bad flooding because the water has nowhere to go since the ground is frozen.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:56 pm

The first 3 inches are down already but the blowing snow is the big story.

Dinner was very late because I had cheese and crackers and tea on the bus and dh had something he wanted to finish. He forgot he had a conference call at 8 and literally his last bites were to the sound of his alarm.

I still have to clean up the kitchen but decided to have a decaf tea and some quiet time.

There's a music festival for children at the National Arts Centre on Sunday and Monday so I've written dd to see if I can take dgs. I've known about it since November but the main website says ages 5+. Just the paid concerts have that age recommendation, there are two informal 30 minute concerts and 5 ongoing activities for him to take part in. It was promoted to me today by the docent.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 pm

The new showerhead arrived today in the mail and DH put it on. Sweet! I tested it out tonight when I gave DGD7 her bedtime shower. We both decided it was wonderful.

I have feed DKids an evening snack. They have about 5 minutes before their bedtime.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:17 pm

We are so wet here that ducks would get disgusted and waddle off somewhere else. So wet for so long. It affects everything.

I have been in my galoshes, tromping around. Got ready for trash truck and thought I was so smart. Completely forgot the recyclables truck does come after all tomorrow, if I could have been ready. Sigh. I don't think I can do it now, it's just too difficult in the dark and rain. Maybe if they wait a little later in the morning, which I believe has happened before, I would at least have light on the subject. Will see.

about 5x5s topic and lucylee's yesterday post - I have been physically writing the Focus Cleaning area on my 5x5s and thinking briefly about it the night before. By next morning I usually have an idea of what I plan to do there that day, so I can dive right in. (this only insures attention, not completion, of each area.)

Overnight last night, HRH's Net flix acct was hacked. That took some of the morning to straighten out. Sigh.

I don't know if you remember, but back in July I was surprised and disappointed that a review I made on A-river for a new-ish non-fiction book was not posted. I had given 3 stars out of 5 to this book, and tried to be very clear and sensible with my reason - basically that the title was misleading because it implied it had info about things that just weren't well covered when you read it. I was told the review was being held, but not why or any estimate of how long. Well, yesterday I got an email that it would finally be posted - 7 months late. I went to the page and saw that it had been brought in to the review line-up, yes, but as the 8th most recent review, kind of buried. Anyway, this has made me feel very suspicious of the book reviews that I've relied on there. If a civil, and IMO helpful review can just be held up and then buried like that, why should I believe the next set of reviews I read are trustworthy.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:01 am

Kathryn - I think I used the wrong term.
I don't believe Adelaide has had what you called ground frost and I would call frozen ground for a longgggg time. I meant the frost on grass. I know much of N America gets frozen for many months regardless of the type of day above ground level.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”