Tuesday - 5 x 5's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Tuesday - 5 x 5's

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:01 pm

At 7:38 dsil said we could go after all. I was in bed. Dh helped and I ate in the car and had my tea on the bus and we got there with time to spare.

At lunch now having crepes and baked lays. DgsM2 is so good I am coping fine. He enjoyed the toddler time including making a Valentine's craft.

I can't find my bus pass so am using DD's.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:18 pm

I worked a few long hours last evening fixing a form and faxed that off at 10:00PM. So I had much less to do than I could have, but my mojo left with all that last night.

I still have 1 more bin to sort through (papers) so I'll do that while the house is quiet.

Just not a lot of ambition today, but maybe it'll show up sometime today. It's mid-80's today so I have nothing to complain about. Winters here really are beautiful.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:22 pm

hello hello

all routines and weekly home blessing done.
washed the doors in the bathrooms

I still need to hand wash the kitchen floor - I vacuumed dusted and rinsed it.

I need to redo my wood floors - they look so bad but I have to be out of the house - with d old dog and d cats it is hard.
I will have enough money in 3 months so I am thinking dh can live at d mom's apartment (she is not there) while I can stay in 3 season with dog and one cat and the other in the basement.

waving at you!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:27 pm

hi d harmony yay on fixing your form
cheering you on as you work

hi d kathryn how nice to have your d grandson with you!

hi d nancy yay on your work

hi d dee waving at you!

hi d lucy. yay on your ds and band arriving

hi d twins stay safe too (good luck on your colonoscopy)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:28 pm

waving at everyone

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Blessed - Thank you for the start today!

you are not worried about how many times you get to a particular room/area during the year, right? You're not trying to hit each area 4 times for each of the 4 rounds, in other words?

I wish I could be that focused to deep clean and decluttered each room/closet 4 times a year. That frequency is just dream stuff for me.

My reality is I would be thrilled to deep clean and declutter every area in our home yearly. If I did them all once a year that would be an improvement.

When it was my turn to pay at the window, she told me the lady in front of me had paid for ours.

That is fairly common happening around here. It happens to us a couple times a month. Locally it is known as RAK4T (Random Acts of Kindness For Tucker). Years ago a 7 year old boy (Tucker) was killed in a farming accident. His family started RAK4T in memory of Tucker. The acts of kindness seems to grow bigger every year. At the car wash, people frequent leave stacks of quarters in a wash stall with a note that simply says RAK4T. Tuckers family now designs & sell RAK4T shirts a couple of times a year to raise money to do bigger projects to so kindness to a wider amount of people. When they announce a new shirt they only take online orders for them in a short time (one day I think). It's crazy how many shirts they sell in that short of time (thousands). Then they tell how much was raised and what the money will be used for.

Today started off well and continues to glide along from one thing to another fairly smoothly. DD arrived at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school. That went without a hitch. DH and DS10 volunteered at clothes closet this morning for about 30 minutes. Homeschool is still underway and making good progress.

Plans for the rest of the day.....
** 1:00ish - trip to the Y. I'm going to try and squeeze one in after doing homeschool. DH is currently doing a huge shopping trip for the church. Hopefully he will make it back in time so I can go to the Y.
** 3:45pm get DGD7 from school
** 3:45pm DS10 to monthly 4H meeting
** 6:00pm attend 4H booster club meeting for parents
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:51 pm

I do 4 items a week in the zone (small) or if it is bigger one thing over the week. not a project though.

this week I have: cleaned under sinks bathroom - one day (I do this often)
today: wipe down doors in bathrooms
tomorrow swipe the wood on bottoms of bathroom
friday: surface wipe glass in bathrooms

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

hi d lady!!!
I love that you do Random acts of kindness in his name! special
have a great day!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:00 pm

As expected dh came home for lunch and he is home for the rest of the day.

He said that he would prefer pizza for supper. Delivered. He also put my car into the garage after scraping all the windows clean because there was a layer of ice on them.
Now he is in the living room telling me all about recipes in the slow cooker that involve chicken and coconut milk and tomatoes and spices. I told him that the only thing I don't have is coconut milk and that slow cooker meals need to be started at 9 a.m. with the chicken already thawed. So... it's going to be that kind of an afternoon. He also wanted a book by a certain author and when I handed one over, he said he prefers hardcovers. Silly man... (giggles) I think he needs a nap. Grown men can be such toddlers sometimes...
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 pm

Argh! This is the reason that I started doing a daily plan on paper. I need that to prompt me to look at various sources to ensure that I don't leave stuff out. Piano lessons happen every Tuesday at the same time. How could I forget about those?

Modifying my afternoon schedule.....
** 1:00ish - trip to the Y. I'm going to try and squeeze one in after doing homeschool. DH is currently doing a huge shopping trip for the church. Hopefully he will make it back in time so I can go to the Y.
** 2:30pm DS10 to piano lesson
** 3:45pm get DGD7 from school
** 3:45pm DS10 to monthly 4H meeting
** 5:00pm DGD7 to piano lesson
** 6:00pm attend 4H booster club meeting for parents
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”