Tuesday - 5 x 5's

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Tuesday - 5 x 5's

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:58 am

Happy Tuesday all!

What's your 5 x 5's today? I can't wait to hear the 5 things you want to do!!!

I thought I would give you a little humour to start our day. When I looked up quotes about Tuesday, this is what I found. you can choose how you want your Tuesday to be: lol these were actually listed together. :lol: :D

Tuesday's child is full of grace. ...

Tuesday isn't so bad...It's a sign that I've somehow survived Monday. ...

Tuesday is Monday's ugly sister. ...

Ahhhhh Tuesday. ...

Nothing messes up your Friday like realizing it's only Tuesday.

have a great Tuesday!!! or Wednesday for sweet lynlee
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Re: Tuesday - 5 x 5's

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:03 am

We have had another ice storm but not bad like they had up north where it was thick layers of ice.

my hope today:
wash the kitchen floor and laundry room by hand
do my routines
work on the xerox photos i have and separate them
make dinner early
finish dusting
finish wiping the finger prints and dog prints on windows and mirrors.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:25 am

Hi!

It is NASTY here. Wind blowing in from the east. Snow is coming in sideways. it's only minus 4C here, but it looks like it's probably a lot colder. Thankful that I don't even have to open the back door today due to getting stuff brought in yesterday. I have milk, butter and bread and wood for the fireplace. What more could I possibly need?

According to the weather maps last night, Niagara region was supposed to miss this. So many things are closed, including all schools, colleges and universities. FB is flooded with all the tiny stores posting that they are closed for a snow day. Dh isn't home yet. Don't know if he will be coming home or not.

Tonight's supper will be a chicken pot pie. I think I might make roasted garlic mashed potatoes to go with it.

Edited to add... I don't know what 5 things to try to get done. I was thinking that I really should do something that I would hate to have to do on a day when the temperature is over 100 here. (Also know as 40C.) I am currently wearing double thick socks (Chapters calls them reading socks) with sweatpants and a flannel nightie that goes down past my knees and a thick housecoat over that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Blessedw2 ~ Thanks for starting today's thread so cheerfully. My take on Tuesdays is almost always the one that getting to Tuesday means I've survived Monday. :)

We received several inches of snow overnight, enough that DH decided to stay and work from home. He knows that even if he made it work on slippery roads, they won't have the parking lot cleared.

I decided to start my day by mixing up a batch of Amish bran muffins -- the recipe that has 5 cups of flour, 3 cups of sugar, 4 cups of buttermilk, and a box of raisin bran cereal. The batter is supposed to last in the refrigerator for 6 weeks.

I thought I'd try this recipe as an experiment in small batch baking. I know that looks like the opposite -- make a huge bowl of batter to bake in small batches. The thing is, if I use a traditional muffin or cookie recipe, then I have to bake the whole recipe resulting in at least a couple dozen items of baked goods sitting around going stale. I thought I'd try this recipe that is supposed to keep ready in batter form, and then I can bake a few muffins hot & fresh in the toaster oven whenever we want one.

With DH home all day, I'll make a pot of vegetable soup for lunch and then ham & cheese sandwiches for supper.

We are getting more snow this morning, which means there's no point in going out to shovel the driveway until this afternoon. I'll be doing normal Tuesday catch-up chores.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:09 am

a wonderful day to you d cathy!!!

cathy stay safe in that weather!!!
I love chicken pot pie! I wish your meals could automatically appear on my dinner table at dinner time.

hi d book! monday :lol:
stay safe too! smart man not driving on ice!
your dinner sounds wonderful too!!!

I need to start. I listened to kat this morning.
first things first - even though I don't want to do routine. (a little bit of a rebel in me because i find routines boring at time - it is my oh look I want something new to do which means everything falls apart. lol)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 am

Nasty here as well. We have rain coming down in sheets right now. Looks like no walk for dMuffin this a.m. - she was outside and around the yard earlier before the rain set in.

Today is prep day for the much postponed colonoscopy tomorrow, and I also have an 11 a.m. dr appt with the general practitioner. After last time, I was supposed to buy a blood pressure monitor, bring it in to be sure it was correct, and measure my BP religiously for two weeks and email to her. I bought the BP monitor... :o But today I also need to see her re: neuralgia pain in mouth which has been pretty bad for over a month. It's controlled with the max dose of the meds, but I feel like poopy and I feel like I've been in a nosedive because of the two. (Well, there's been too much travel, and dd's issues, the the death of the 37 year old in the community also...)

I've done a.m. routine except for walking ddog and continuing with laundry.

I took meds for the neuralgia this a.m., hoping that it doesn't make me sick without food on my tummy. Drinking lots of sugary gatorade with it. :?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 am

I enjoy the PLANNING so much more than the WORKING.
:lol: :lol: Have a feeling that many of us do, LucyLee.

I was supposed to go to Women's group today at church. Was up at 7 & took my T-med. Laid back down. Next I knew it was 9am & the meeting starts at 9:30. That's okay as I have a migraine anyway. Have a feeling that the high pollen count is messing with my head. Would like to go to the grocery store later today as there's a few things I want to pick up that are only on sale through tomorrow.

Dh took dbil home from the hospital last night. The two of them had a discussion about what to do with dsisil if this happens again. He just knows nobody to call. Their friends list is pretty non-existent at this point. And nearby friends have their own physical limitations. I'd say his dwife's dsis who lives in front of them. But he really hesitates to call her as the 2 of them almost instantly get into a heated discussion. :roll: Surely something will have to give. DD sure can't take time off and it's very difficult for us to be there because of the smoke. And we won't always be down here either -nor dd for that matter. Still don't have a definitive answer as to what was going on with him. He has follow up appointments and maybe something will show up.???? Dsisil dh describes as a "zombie". Her actions scare me a lot.

See they're getting a lot of ice/slick roads up home too, Cathy. Sure had a lot of that this winter. Some schools, but not all, are closed or delayed. Here, it rained some earlier and it's fairly gray out there with the sun trying to peek through. So, you're essentially getting the ol' "Nor Easter"? Those are the 'worst' as I too well remember.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:46 am

Ds and band have arrived safely! I think they were just ahead of the worst of the storm. Maybe things will look better by Sunday, when they start home.
Thanks for your prayers!
Tomorrow is another day.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:30 pm

Glad they're where they needed to be, LucyLee!

I've been searching for new tablecloths for here. Not sure I found anything that dd and I would both be happy with.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Trash day. Trash is at the curb.
H is doing e mail. I got him going with it. Another snow day for him.
S2s next up.
Took meds.
Breakfast.
Exercise done on stat bike.
First few done.
Waving to all. Melting here 36* to 45* todays temps.cloudy. road is snowy in front of our house. We got 5" total snowfall here.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”