Wondering Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Wondering Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:18 am

Wondering what everyone is up to today....
Wed. Is desk day for some. Got to taxes prepared yesterday & need to mail off some tax stuff.
Anti Proscanation Day for others. I cleaned the microwave last night it needed done, and dusted the stove hood, had been forgetting that task. Yea for progress. Got e-mail going on my pc had to do a bit of research to start it up. Learning gmail so I can help h do his tablet.
Crockpot is going with home made soup for today.
Raining here on snow and ice it is melting roads are good here now yea.Now 33* and snowing. Rain snow mix.
H is off today.
qt x
Next up planning & journaling then dailies.
Update pouring down snow 33* here and I can no longer see the hills around us.walked the dog to the corner. She is now standing still to
be dried off when we come back inside.
Laundry is going.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

blessedw2

Re: Wondering Wed.

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 am

hello d Nancy!!!
Hope you and everyone have the best day.

saw d lynn writing in from wednesday last night. I love that!!! waving at lynn.

so happy d lady that the fasting works for you - makes sense!!

hello all
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:25 am

today is Anti-procrastination day, bill, check checking, phone calls, filing, check the fridge and freezer for errand day, charge card check, check taxes - printed form already.

part of Anti-procrastination day is also face something that make you uncomfortable - something I have been putting off - facing something that gives me guilt because I didn't take care of it before, letting go of something that is no longer life now, or anything that makes me sad, uncomfortable, struggle etc. for 15 minutes.

going to start my routines. do i want to - NO 8-) ;) :D

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:48 am

We only got 12" of snow before it tapered off to flurries.

With the schools shut and government asking those that can to work from home, the commute wasn't too bad for those who needed to commute but only the main roads and bus streets are cleared so often people got stuck trying to get down their own street (the snow plows blocked off the intersections with a snowbank that many cars couldn't breech.)

I chose today to henna my hair now that it is cut. I was starting to get salt & pepper 'roots' at my part.

I've started a load of laundry. And kept up with tidying. Dh is on conference calls so hasn't had his breakfast yet. I'm ready for a nap but I have paperwork to work on.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:03 pm

I'm home from colonoscopy. And drat it, they want me to have another next year because I had a polyp they snipped off but couldn't retrieve for testing. Doc told dh it looked "pre cancerous" although I suspect it's a pretext for "we couldn't retrieve it for a biopsy and don't want you to sue if you eventually get colon cancer." Dh said he said the polyp got "vacuumed up" before they could take it. I have full color photos if anyone is interested. :shock: And I asked dh to do two things when we got home: walk the dog and make me an omelette. She didn't get a walk this a.m. earlier. He was making the omelette but got wound up because he left the discharge instructions sitting on the chair at the hospital and had to call that very minute while the omelette got overdone. I shouldn't be complaining, the colonoscopy is over and I am feeling better already. And as dfriend M reminds me, a colonoscopy saved her dh's life because he did have cancer.

But the dog did get a walk and is happier.

My mouth has been hurting like the dickens this morning and eating my omelette, which I considered a good choice because it's soft, hurts every time it touch the upper left side of my mouth.

I am going to nap now. I slept very very poorly last night. Not a surprise. I suggested ordering in pizza tonight to dh. I can gain almost 10 lbs today. :lol:

Texted dmassage therapist I need to cancel in the a.m. because I need to take dd to Atlanta to get her *rap out of her car.

Wishing for a little snow here, Kathryn, It's a novelty for us, not a nuisance so much, especially since I don't have to be at work.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi!

Dishwasher is going. Floors have been washed with just enough bleach so you can smell a "hint" of bleach. Took some things out of the dryer and put them away while they were still warm. Back door is locked because it blew open a few times this morning. I have a frying pan resting in it's bubble bath in the kitchen sink.

Supper tonight is roast pork even though dh doesn't really want it because he said we've had a lot of pork lately. I will toss in some carrots and potatoes and onions when there is still an hour to go. Didn't make jello or custard because I want to make a heart shaped one for tomorrow night. We don't go out to restaurants within a week of Valentine's Day/night. Dh hates having to wait in line at restaurants.

Edited to add that I will be making roasted garlic mashed potatoes instead of just tossing them in with the roast.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:05 pm

so happy the colonoscopy is over d twins. sorry you have to go through it again next year!
you deserve a nice rest along with that pizza!

hi d cathy!

Hi d kathryn!

hi d nancy!

hi d everyone

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Our planned activities for the day was abruptly cut short when DS10 had to make a run for the bathroom. The stomach bug hit him hard and fast. We didn't know if he could make the 25 minute trip back home between bathroom visits but we made it (barely). Now he is cleaned up, in clean & comfortable clothes and laying down watching a move just a few feet from a bathroom.

Sooooo... the activities on my schedule for the next 6 hours have been scratched. It's too soon to know if tomorrow activities might be scratched too. I need to think about how I should use this unexpected time. DH is encouraging me to put my comfortable clothes on and take it easy. I am full of energy so that doesn't sound appealing to me. hum...... I need to stay close by and be able to drop & run if/when DS10 stomach erupts again. That eliminates activities that need focus. hum....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:08 pm

I had a nice visit with the neighbour I invited for coffee. Unfortunately, I have a meeting here in less than 3 hours and have made no progress on prep for that. Plus our dinner plans have changed and the romantic steak dinner has to be tonight (between my prep and the meeting.)

Not at all what I envisioned.

Dd just wrote to cancel all further outings with dgsM2 because he's regressed on toilet training. I've disagreed with her because he was dry all day with me. He's acting up with his parents so my instinct is to give him more independence so he'll appreciate time with his family. Instead he's being locked down until he earns the right to have his underwear back so he can go out.

I've asked her to bring him here on Friday and we can take away his underwear here. If he has an accident, I only have floors that are easy to clean up so it is no biggie. And it will give her and him a change in scenery.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:28 pm

I can't believe we're still on the first page here!

I had the loveliest nap and slept well for two hours. Now I'm up to clean up the mess that accumulated in only one day, basically from the time I got home from dr's office at 1 p.m. or so yesterday, until now. It's beautiful outside but a little cool (53 degrees) and I think it starts raining again tomorrow. I let the dog out to enjoy sitting in the sun.

DD called to check in and I was pleased, then it turned out that dh invited her over to talk about cars tonight (she actually did ask for his help) and he also asked her to check on me. :lol:

I'm getting busy, my energy is pretty good.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”