Wondering Wed.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wondering Wed.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Back from my wanderings I walked the dog.
H is getting parts needed to put up the next lite and fan in the master bathroom.
H is working tomorrow and relieved about that.
Time to fold laundry and see if h wants a hair trim when he gets home I trimmed my bands can see a whole bunch better now yea!.
Got the stairs dusted.
H got the fan mother replaced in the master bathroom. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:06 pm

Twins', I'm glad that's over for you. I totally agree that one would never hear the words, "Unable to retrieve but it looked fine", because somewhere an insurance agent would faint. So something with more ... .. coverage ... .. must be said. No more info to add from another polyp or from the footage... .. Sounds like no news to me.
I am losing days or something - thought this was just the prep day.

Working on the new spreadsheet, and have it halfway done.

3 printouts for our own tax appt are stapled and ready.

Hoping ((ds10)) gets over this bug quickly, LadyM, and that it doesn't bother the rest of you.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:10 pm

I tried to call M about walking around the block and didn't get her. I'm going to go on with dMuffin, I think. She had texted me earlier to check in.

Surfaces pretty much cleaned up. Didn't get everything wiped down, but might do that when I get back.

Harriet, he did say it "looked precancerous." Am I supposed to be able to tell that from the photos? They gave the info to dh and made him sign off apparently that he received them. I'll discuss my own doc later. I'll think about that tomorrow, Scarlett. :lol: Am I just giddy that it's over? I was also afraid of waking up screaming in pain from my mouth, I think and it was such a relief that didn't happen. When I got up this a.m. I spent about 45 second going "Aaaahhhhgggg. Aaaaaaagh" in pain before I could even .
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:36 pm

I think they can have a 'fair eye' for those things Twins, with their experience.
Dsis once had 'nasty' polyps removed, and return follow up with no great disaster found,
and dbro - they just went so far and came out saying that has to be taken out. Not wanting to spread it further. Day of surgery they did the whole distance before they took a bigger chunk than expected out.

Thursday - to the coast for groups. must away
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:47 pm

Ready for the meeting. Somehow I pulled things together quickly. Hope people show up.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Meeting went well but I always end up with a long to-do list. I'll try and clear that out tomorrow morning.
Good night all!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 pm

Going to sleep here. I have to be up early to pick up dd at 7:30. I’m taking her to ATL to get the stuff out of her car. Going to be hard to get it all done and get out the door.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:58 pm

We've had a strangely good day here of nearly all quiet. Outside only to do chores in our own yard. Dd had a long day at work, taking a late shift for an attendant who had an art piece accepted into a juried show this evening.

Had a great day for healthy habits. Extra laundry got done. HRH felt well but didn't over-exert as he sometimes does when he feels well, so I think he'll still feel well tomorrow, lol.

We're back (in our rotation of comedy tv) to the Red Green show. It has set a just-silly-enough man-tone for the house, pleasing everyone. It's one that is quite impossible to know whether you've seen them all or not. Dd and HRH are enjoying one now, while dd has her spaghetti after work.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Hello! It's probably quieter here in the village partly because I haven't been able to get time to post my regular boring monologues... :oops:

(((Twins))) So glad that's over and sad you have to do over again next year -- BUT -- I agree w/Harriet, sounds like something they are saying just to cover their own... HA! I almost made a joke... And like Lynlee, I've known people who had something labeled "precancerous" that never ever gave them another moment's concern. That's probably just something they say now anytime they don't get a perfectly clear biopsy report.
Have a safe trip to Atlanta.

(((Kathryn & dgs))) "regressed in potty training" -- I believe I can relate to THIS.

I am just somewhat frustrated with ddil and ds on this point. I am pretty sure dgd was quite ready for potty training 6-12 months ago, when she was probably about the same age as your dgs is now. (?) She turned 3 in November. I am frustrated b/c I think they missed their window of opportunity when she was ready to be cooperative, and now she is just totally opposed to the potty and all talk about it. DDIL is at school or working 2-3 days each week most of the time, and I suspect ds is a bit lazy in his watchfulness for the need to potty. Then ds is gone on the weekends and ddil is exhausted and feeling somewhat put-upon, so she becomes lazy in the effort too. * sigh *
DGD will (very) occasionally sit on the potty and (even more occasionally) sometimes use it, at which point we all cheer and carry on like she has scored the winning run in the World Series (dgs included)... AND she gets a little prize from a "treasure chest" when she is at our house. (I think ddil has tried the prizes at home, too.)
BUT... MORE OFTEN... if anyone asks, "Do you need/want to use the potty?" the answer is an adamant NO, and if one presses the issue, screams and tears will follow. So... what to do??? :?: She will tell us when she is "dirty" (most of the time) but it is always after the fact, never in time to rush to the potty... and as far as a wet pull-up, I believe she would be totally content to wear the same one 24 hours straight. * sigh *
Talk of going to school with dbrother, playing t-ball, all the "big girl" stuff -- none of this makes any impression at all.
Maybe when ddil gets out of school for the summer she can concentrate on this and get some better results? I don't know... it is very frustrating.
If any of you have dealt with this before, I'd love to know that eventually it did work itself out and your child didn't graduate high school wearing pull-ups. * sigh *

And (((HUGS))) for other bathroom issues at your house, (((LadyM and ds)))... I'm sure he feels miserable -- lots of good wishes for a quick recovery and for no one else to catch it!

Well, today has been fairly productive -- I followed advice from you ladies yesterday and got my day organized before bed.
My top three (b/c that's what my planner asks for) were
1. Laundry/Sheets
2. Vacuum
3. Errands (CVS, gas station, cousin's house)

So far my progress looks like this:
[/] Laundry/Sheets (last load of clothes waiting to be hung to dry, sheets in the washer)
[ ] Vacuum
[x] Errands
-- CVS, Valentine's Day card purchased for dmom
-- gas station, pizza for dgd and myself for lunch (don't laugh, it's really good!)
-- cousin's house, for her AMAZING strawberries hand-dipped, drizzled, with assorted toppings (I gave half of them to ddil)
(She charges $20 for the "deluxe" dozen, and I never buy them b/c dh isn't crazy about chocolate strawberries, but ooohhh... they are sooo good!)
-- post office, paid bill and mailed dmom's card (yes, I know it will probably be a day late)
-- church
-- supper w/ddil, dgrands
[x] talked to dmom on phone
[x] checked with bank re: auto deposit of dh's SS

I must get off the computer and get the sheets back on the bed, prepare Valentine's cards/etc for dh and dgrands, and maybe get the vacuuming done. DGD will be back tomorrow for an hour or so, while ddil goes to dgs's class party. * whew * Maybe the fact that I am being called upon to go to the ballgame with dh, dgs, and dbil Saturday is a good thing. We leave at 6:30 a.m. Perhaps dgs will fall asleep and I can have some quiet time for a change. If I stay home, I will probably be keeping dgd so ddil can study. I need ds to get back home! :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 pm

Lucylee - yes, your DGD will be potty trained before she graduates from high school. :)

DS10 thinks I didn't get him anything for Valentine's day. I didn't tell him this but he has decided since he hasn't seen me buy anything and has searched the house and didn't find anything. He is now in major drama mode. I can't help but laugh. He has verbally listed everything he received for the past several years from me on Valentines Day. I'm a bit shocked at his memory. I have a small amount of guilt over letting him think he didn't get anything, but OH MY it is hilarious to watch his performance. We have discussed how many people won't get anything tomorrow. Life isn't always fair.
and yes......I have gift bags filled with Valentine stuff for DS10 and DGD7. DS10 is going to feel a little silly in the morning when he sees that he did get gifts.

I have no idea what to do with the 24 Valentine gift packs that DS10 was going to give out at band class today. Since he got sick he didn't attend class to hand them out.

DH brought me a flower arraignment today. I appreciate his thoughtfulness. But I am more impressed with his daily acts of love toward me.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”