XOXO to all our SHE Valentines

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

XOXO to all our SHE Valentines

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:40 am

As LadyM says, the acts of love the other 364 days of the year are far more important than candy or flowers or sweet nothings today.

My sermon said a few weeks ago, love isn't just an emotion, it is an action.

By supporting each other here as we deal with the mundane struggles of life, we are living out love to our SHE sisters.

As Franklin P. Jones said, "Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."

Thank you for helping make my ride through life so much fun!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: XOXO to all our SHE Valentines

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 am

I'm up and dressed far earlier than usual, especially when I don't have to get out the door for any reason.

I've trained dh not to worry about doing anything special for today. We will have a nicer dinner tonight (I ended up freezing the meat for tonight's dinner rather than have it in a rushed manner last night.) We might watch a Netflix movie later. But that's it.

He has a conference call this morning, a coffee here this afternoon (I made rice krispy squares for last night's meeting and today) and is on his bike now and won't finish that for about an hour. Between his breakfast and conference call, I'll try and get the kitchen vacuumed so I can mop the floor during the call. Before that I'll do the weekly kitchen house blessing.

There's a call into the office to send the super to fix my new tap. I think the handle just needs tightening but rather than do it myself (I figured out how when the handle came off in my hand yesterday) I'll get the super to do it. He's happier when we don't do repairs and he loves coming here because he can have a break (I often make him sit down for 5 minutes.) He's badly overworked by the office and if I make a bigger deal out of repairs when I complain, that 'buys' some extra time for the office not to be breathing down his neck. It should take 2 minutes to fix the tap. That gives him 5+ minutes for a rest.

It was his wife who was over here yesterday afternoon for tea. Again, if I can make her life easier, I make his life easier too. He is a treasure and I don't want to lose him.

I hope to get a walk in because it is sunny today and I have groceries to buy.

I've just finished my light and chocolate (there's a bit of tea left) so I should get moving.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:22 am

Hi!

There was a huge heart shaped box of chocolates on my office chair this morning. ~Swoon~ Dh kept asking and asking and asking what to get me, so I said I had never gotten a heart shaped box of chocolates before.

I am making rigatoni and meatballs with sausage as a side dish for supper tonight. I need to pick up some peppers to go with the sausage when I go out later. I had suggested spaghetti and meat sauce. Dh requested the type of pasta, plus the sausage and he also asked if we had any meatballs. We don't but I wanted to make some, so that's what I'll be doing later.

I am dressed and the bed is made. Island is getting cleared off because dh likes seeing uncluttered flat surfaces. I also bought him a large 300 gram tin of his favourite tea from David's Tea. (Buddha's Blend) I had a coupon for "Buy 2, get 1 free" so I asked if I could use it for the tea and they said yes.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:34 am

Loved your start, Kathryn. I see our Canadian sisters have checked in this morning -time for the "south of the border" to chime in. Happy Valentine's Day for you all as well! We didn't do anything special for the day either. We do however have "reservations" for tonight. Just happens to be Trivia night and we always have the same table reserved for us.

Dh has gone to pick up his db at the repair garage. Taking him home and then getting a hair cut. Which reminds me I have, have, have to call my hairdresser and try making another appointment for a perm. It has now been 18 weeks since I had my last hair cut. :o :shock: I'm absolutely sure I've never gone that long without a cut or a perm. Also have to call my friend at the antique co-op up home. I was looking at pictures from there the other day and happened on an angel that I just simply fell in love with. Rarely buy anything like that. But I had sent her a picture of it and told her I'd call her the next day with my cc#. That's when everything happened with dbil & I forgot. She texted me late last night (In fact I had fallen asleep) for our address here. Sure it's for their anniversary celebration this year. Guess I need to find out just when that's going to be so maybe I can be back home by then. The only problem with waking up for that call was that I couldn't get back to sleep for HOURS! :cry:

Time for breakfast -I'm off>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:55 am

I am having a good day. H is working solitude yea! H has been here for 5 days in a row. We are learning to cope. :mrgreen:
H got the fan motor replaced in the master bathroom yesterday glad to get that checked off the list. Replace the lite in there is next.
Icy roads today he took the 4 wheel drive jeep to work.
Planning done.
Be is perfect today.
Journaling & breakfast next up.
I have a thin crust pizza in the freezer for dinner tonite.
Got smallest box of 4 chocolates one for each of us, h found his on his desk I put there last night.
Sewing machine shopping. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:58 am

Morning ya’ll...

I have several things planned for today. Need to do a few things around the house. Is suppose to rain for the next 24 and the bugman is do. Not sure whether he’ll come or not. Willis has been sick with an upper respiratory infection and I need to take him to the vet for a post checkup. He is doing better but still a bit clinging. Imagine it’s because, much like a child, he hasn’t been feeling very well.

Sweetie and I have a dinner date for tonight. We celebrate Feb 2 as the day we began our relationship and went to dinner. However we use Valentines Day to celebrate our love and appreciation for each other and we look forward to it.

My second cup of coffee is waiting and so is Perry. Enjoy your day!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:04 am

XOXOXOXOXO TO ALL OF YOU.

SWEETEST DAY TO ALL OF YOU!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:09 am

Sending warm thoughts to all today!

We are taking 2 days off of homeschooling. It feels like a mini vacation here!

Our weather is taking a 30 degree bounce up today and it will be in the mid 70F. Tomorrow it will bounce back down into normal winter weather and I saw snowflakes on the forecast later this week. So I am going to spend as much time as I can in the outdoors today to take advantage of this beautiful sunshiney weather.

I have some ginger, turmeric, garlic, potatoes and onions I want to plant. I haven't decided which method to use in planting them. RGGS, raised bed, earthboxes, earthbags, or kiddie pool. hum.....decisions.. decisions.. The only thing I'm sure of is my hands are going to be in the dirt today. >>>>insert mental picture of a gardener bouncing around in glee<<<<<

There has been some drame going on this week that I have tried to mostly ignore. The drama stemmed from my decision to let DGD7 sit with xDSonIL last Sunday at church. DGD7 loves xDSIL dearly. They really bonded during the year that DD & xDSIL were married. xDSIL spent more time with DGD7 than DD did during that time. DD and xDSIL are now divorced so DGD7 doesn't see him very often. Last Sunday DGD7 excitedly ran up to me and with much happy emotion said "I saw xDSIL!!! And guess what? He still loves me!!" My heart melted with that statement. DH and I are concerned about how DGD7 relationship with males (in the future) will be influenced by DD frequent relationships changes. I want DGD7 grow up with the expectation of having stable & lasting relationships.
ANYway, fast forward hours later on Sunday.......DD text me with angry words giving me orders how I should act in church and around xDSIL. I tried to form a response to DD but her demands were too unreasonable to even respond to. So I didn't respond to her text and a few hours later she apologized for it.
Now a couple days later I guess DD realized how absurd her demands were because DD has invited xDSIL to attend DGD7 Valentine party at school today. DGD7 doesn't know xDSIL is coming to her party and it will absolutely thrill DGD7 for xDSIL to be there. ANYway, hopefully we won't have any more drama about DGD7 not being allowed to speak to xDSIL. I expect with time xDSIL and DGD7 relationship will gradually fade away. Hopefully, though it will always be a sweet memory for them both.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:13 am

And inquiring minds want to know, Lady M? How did DS react to his valentine's bag today?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:21 am

How did DS react to his valentine's bag today?

With the same expectation of a kid on Christmas morning. LOL He was up before sunrise and when he walked into the living room he was looking around. We greeted each other and hugged like we normally do in the morning. He didn't say anything about where his gift was though so I guess he really did think I didn't get him anything. I walked into our bedroom and got the gift bag and when I carried it into the living room he was over the moon excited and thankful. He really is a good kid with a kind heart 99% of the time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”