XOXO to all our SHE Valentines

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: XOXO to all our SHE Valentines

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:11 pm

While waiting for the weather to warm up outside I finished up the deep clean/decluttering of the library. It looks amazing! I find myself wanting to just go stand and look at it. I wish now that I had counted how many books were removed and given away. I am positive it is over 200. There are still hundreds of books remaining but they are all ones that we use and/or are sentimental for one reason or another. DH loaded his pickup up with the donation boxes & bags and they have been delivered to our favorite charity resell store.

Although I was going to wait until Sunday noon meal to select the next room, the excitement of the library success got to me and I asked DH to pick a another # between 1-29 (I added a couple more areas). DH picked #6. DS10 was so excited to know what area that was so he was shadowing me as I went and found the list. All the time he was saying "I hope it is my room....I hope it is my room..." while I was saying "I hope it isn't the garage....I hope it isn't the garage". We were all totally surprised to see #6 on the list was DS10 bedroom. He started jumping up and down in glee. So next week we will take EVERYTHING out of DS10 bedroom, then wash windows/floors/ceiling, paint as needed and then start the process of decluttering as we return items to the bedroom in an organized manner.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:12 pm

Made my 2 phone calls I needed to make: one for an appointment for a perm -got next Friday. Other was to my dear friend at the co-op where I worked for so many years. She actually wouldn't take my cc# as she was gifting the angel to me for my birthday in May. That's why she wanted my address here. But we decided on her keeping it there until I get up there. Refused flat out to take my CC# so I let her bless me, and in turn I wasn't robbing her of a blessing.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:44 pm

♥♥♥♥♥♥ Happy Valentines to Everybody! ♥♥♥♥♥♥

Cool here this morning. Just the usual chores so far. I've downloaded a whole packet of new patient forms for my eye dr. tomorrow and need to fill them all out.

Had a very good call first thing for DH. They gave the message to me instead. Dr. says his stress test from yesterday was normal...said he couldn't even tell he'd had the heart attack. Wahoo!

Know DH would take me out for dinner if I suggested today...but we don't do much of that during season when the snowbirds clog up the restaurants. Maybe tomorrow after eye dr. appointment for lunch is a better idea.

Two places to declutter today. Put stuff in permanent storage in the garage and take a year out of there to dispose of. That will take a while as I'll have to go through a lot to find the right year. Also, the bulletin board in the office. It's quite the mess.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:16 pm

I am home from the outing with dd. I left home at 7:30, we went to the collision place. The adjuster wasn't there yet so we went and emptied her car (into mine, yuck!) and by the time we were done the adjuster was there with dd. She ended up with a check for just over 5K and was "over the moon." We did a little recreational shopping at places we don't have: Trader Joe's and Container Store. I bought a bunch of fancy chocolates and food stuff and a bottle of wine for dh, and at the Container store, among other things, got a pretty basket it would fit into that I could reuse on a shelf somewhere. He sent me gorgeous roses yesterday, nice when I got home from hospital. While at Trader Joe's dd was trying to decide if she should get her self flowers - they had a huge amount of bouquets and spring bulbs potted - so I suggested she pick something out for me to give her for Valentine's day so she did. I also got myself a potted hyacinth about to bloom, it smells so good!

THe bad thing is that I didn't make it clear enough at the doc's office that 100 mg of these meds wasn't doing it, but the side effects were too bad when I increased the dosage. The script she wrote - a slightly different formulation - isn't enough. I wasn't able to eat lunch without a lot of pain. So I took more meds when I just got in and am going to nap - I was up at 6:15 this a.m.

I'm sending a message to the doc via their messaging center. I know she's off today and I have enough meds to supplement what she wrote.

For some reason I made a reservation for us for dinner out tonight a couple of weeks ago. The restaurant will be jam-packed but I didn't want to cook either. Hopefully the meds will kick in enough that I can enjoy dinner. :?

Going to nap.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:04 pm

Hi everyone! I am celebrating Valentine's Day by enjoying the fact that NEVER AGAIN do I have to deal with its stresses! No one will complain about what I did or did not buy or do for him. No one will ask me what I want, then decide it's not "romantic" enough and not get it. (Hint to all with a partner: if your "valentine" has said for the past seven years that she wants a floorpan for an antique car, she does! I finally got one ... from my then brother in law.) To me, V Day is just the day before DD16 turns DD17.

DDalmost17 will be at my house tonight, probably enjoying her new desk, though not necessarily the homework. Since tomorrow is payday, I need to do bills and budget. DD will be out of town with her other family this weekend. She is unhappy about it because she is never consulted by them on what she wants to do. In this case, she hates the noise and crowds of Las Vegas and is worried about not having time to do her homework. If the plane tickets had not already been purchased, she would ask to stay with me. She also hates the inevitable "shopping day" that her stepmother incorporates into every vacation. (Her stepbrother hates it too, and based on 21 years of marriage to my x, I know he dreads it as well). I reminded her that she will have much more input with me this summer and the only shopping we did on our last trip was to get Pokemon cards.

At payroll, I am doing reports on a different project for a while. It is in a database I do not know very well, but this is a good way to learn it.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Little progress today. Just 2 loads of laundry, maintenance tidying and my kitchen chores.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:52 pm

(Twins) I loved your valentine shopping. Hope your mouth feels better for dinner tonight.

Elizabeth, I agree. Valentines Day is too much pressure.

DH loved my card to him. He apologized for missing mine. To him, when he goes out and works and presents me with checks, this is the way he shows love. It's wonderful, yes, but we don't really speak the same love language.

I've been working away. A few hours in the office and at my desk. I've filled the shredder again, even after I posted in our declutter thread. I think I'm single-handedly keeping that thread alive! :lol:

Went out and helped DH a bit as he was cleaning up the inside of his big truck. I pleaded with him to make sure he did something eventually with all this stuff he has in there and in his shop. Told him there was no way I'd ever be able to deal with it all. He said: just have a yard sale. Suggests getting my xsil to come help. Yeah, like that'd ever happen! :roll: I have nightmares about all this.

I did get the oven wiped out. Cleaned the microwave which involved toothpicks and qtips so it is cleaner than it has ever been.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Have been working to resolve tech issues getting multiple divides to sync. Success at last yea! Next find out how to view u tube. On how to use g mail.
Made dip for shrimp.
Walked the dog some.
Did some on stat bike,
Did a bit with the swifter.
H. Is on his way home.
Having a difficult time focusing 2day.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Got the mopping done so now the weekly house blessing is done except for cleaning my toilet, which doesn't really need it but I might do it tomorrow. My sink is clean and my tub will get cleaned during my shower tomorrow.

I cleaned the office bathroom's tub. It only get used when ds showers here (not often) and when dgs has a bath here (almost rarer.) But the mop get cleaned in it and it was getting a bit of a grey water line. So I took a magic eraser to that and a stain from a mop handle. I turn the mop upside down and leave it to dry in the tub but apparently that is leaving a stain so I'll stop that. The tub is far from perfect with patched chips and rust stains but I don't have to add to the imperfections.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:38 pm

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! I hope however you celebrate or do not celebrate, you are able to have a good day with the people who mean the most to you!

DH and I always do small things -- cards and candy, a heart shaped box of Turtles for me and conversation hearts for him. Plus dcousin's strawberries when I buy them. We give the dgrands a small gift and some candy (books this year) and we give ds and ddil a card with some money. She said they would have Valentine's Day dinner sometime when ds gets home. I sent dmom a card, and she called today to wish us a Happy Valentine's Day.
So that sounds like a lot, but no one gets anything expensive around here. No roses, no diamonds, etc. I just don't really want dh to spend a bunch of money on flowers, b/c I have terrible luck with them and seems like they are gone in such of hurry.
LOL -- the candy and strawberries will be gone in a hurry, too, but I'll enjoy them more... :lol:
Surprisingly, dh always writes much more stuff in my card than I do his, and I always feel like I've short-changed him or something. Maybe he thinks I am so much more verbal than he is generally speaking, so he tries harder on special occasions? I don't know what "love language" either of us speak. I know LISTENING is very important to dh, and I need to really do a lot better about putting my phone down and paying close attention when he is talking to me.

So anyway. I'm working on my photo book for dmom's birthday. (The brick work of my dgdad.) It's adding photos right now, to the Wmart site, and it is taking f o r e v e r. I told it also to "autofill" which may be making it take longer, and I'm sure I'll have a lot of editing to do, but I had to start somewhere.
I'm not actually even sure my granddaddy did a few of these houses, LOL... It won't be the first time a "history" book had an error in it, will it?
* SIGH *
It even crossed my mind that a small photo album with the actual prints in sleeves might be just as well, and then we could add to it if we should ever learn of more buildings he did... but OTOH, the photo book will look sooo much nicer... so I'm going to try this and see what I can do.

(((Twins)))
I would love to go to the Container Store, I think. I bet I could spend a fortune in a place like that!

(((Elizabeth's dd)))
I always feel so sad for her when she has to do all these trips with her step-mom and step-brother.

SOOOO glad Mr. Harmony got such a great report! Now THAT is something to celebrate!

Sounds like ds is feeling better, LadyM? So glad he was so excited with his gift, AND so glad to hear of his excitement re: room cleaning! Wow.
Wish you could spread a little of that pixie dust around here...
Also, very happy to hear things are running a little smoother re: dd and xdsil, for dgd's part. That is wonderful.

I haven't done anything today. Yes, I know... the vacuum cleaner... the bathrooms... so much of this house is calling out for HELP... but nah... haven't done anything. DH has been in a mood, b/c he just always feels overwhelmed after he's been gone for a day. Then dgd was here for about an hour, and ddil and dgs for another thirty minutes or so, and boy... dgs was certainly wound up after party at school and getting to leave early. I must say I'm glad we have a quiet night alone tonight.
I need to start supper in just a bit... so... y'all have a good night! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”