XOXO to all our SHE Valentines

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: XOXO to all our SHE Valentines

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:28 pm

I absolutely enjoyed every moment of my time outside today. I ended up spending 6 hours with my hands in the dirt. The weather was perfect.

When i think about SIX HOURS in the garden and looking at what I did, I am a tiny bit disappointed that I didn't accomplish more. But I was just enjoying the experience instead of trying to be super productive and getting things done. I need to stop and remind myself that gardening isn't about getting things done. I do it because it feels so good (mentally, emotionally as well as physically).

Our home is filled with many types of Valentine candy. Ugh. Although I can honestly say that I haven't been tempted to eat a single bite. DGD7 insisted that I take a piece of chocolate that she brought for us. I didn't want to disappoint her so I selected a piece and thanked her for it. When DGD7 was distracted doing other things, I put the chocolate in the trash where she wouldn't see it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 pm

Sending love to she sisters and their families.

Thursday group sessions were on well being, and self care and how helpful a positive outlook is.
Certainly that is the point of my morning reading and response sessions, and they are helpful in setting me up for a better day.

I looked thru the US dep store later. Picked up 2 silk blouses to try on, and put them down again.
One I could not decide how it was supposed to be worn. Perhaps if I were keen and certain I would do it $14 for a silk blouse to recut the neckline and figure out those strange ties ? at the neck back? or how it could be: would be a steal but the likelyhood of my doing it was less. The other - I wondered where and with what I would wear it. Maybe I'll sneak back and see if it is still there. A different style to my normal. Embroidered with frill on the sleeves.
Its not as if I have nothing to wear.

Craft/fabric store had 50% off fabrics. I walked through it all, then decided I needed to shop in my home storage centers. I did buy the curtain tape to use on a new curtain for the bathroom. Yes I have the fabric for that. A choice of 2 in fact.

I'd thought I'd forgotten my phone for the time check, but got home to find I'd packed it the night before.

Waving to LM. Agreeing it is hard to deal with others expectations on eating.
I need to find a better lunch to take on my Thursdays. They make toasted sandwiches at the centre café.
The quinoa salad bought from shopping centre nearby didn't …. appeal when I tried to eat it yesterday.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 pm

I was able to find dh 2 amazing cards. One was funny and the other was serious. The funny one included a line about going grocery shopping on Friday nights. He almost always gets me 2 cards and I rarely get him 2.

We had fried red and green peppers with sausage and rigatoni with a very basic spaghetti sauce with home made meatballs. We both got up from the table overly stuffed. Dh always gives me a hug and a kiss after supper but tonight he said "Do not hug me because I will explode!"
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:51 pm

Fail val day dinner veggie one was the only thing they had left, I added shrimp and cheese, h whined bc he had offered to get on after I had already got it.
Then he thought the pieces were too small, I brought more over to the table and he said no bc his bs would be to high, l dropped it on the stove in a huff after I stepped on the dog, saying it is over there if you change your mind. He was distracted by farm business e mail said he was changing his mind about getting a cromebook.

I am Heading to the cave basement to pout, lol! :roll:

Something happened and his email changed, bc of updates I think it and looks different. Plus he has an ear ache. Sigh.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:29 pm

(((Nancy)))

You know, I think sometimes holiday expectations are too high, and we think, THIS dinner should be perfect, or special, or at least better than average... just because of some arbitrary date on the calendar -- and then it is so easy to get upset when little things go wrong. Oh well, we just have to tell ourselves, tomorrow will be better and it doesn't matter what the calendar says as long as we mix enough good days in with the bad.

Dh here was kinda in a bad mood at supper b/c (1) I had fussed a little bit b/c he closed my file on Wmart.com, where I was downloading pictures for the photo book. Then he remarked some more on how (2) he had made dgd mad b/c he didn't want to play ball with her today, so he felt like he was 0 for 2 with the most important girls in his life, LOL.
I told him first, that I was having trouble with the Wmart stuff anyway, so that was no big deal, just to ASK next time he comes to the computer and something is open on it and second, dgd is just messing with him -- and it's not just so much that SHE is consciously doing it, it's just that if dgs pouts about something, he has a tendency to tell him to kinda brush it off and be tough... but if dgd looks sad, oh my goodness, his heart just breaks for her. I think a lot of men have that response to a female who looks like she's about to cry. And it's not to say it's RIGHT to tell a little boy not to cry, or anything like that -- NOT AT ALL. It's just that heartbreak is not the first reaction of a man to a little boy's sad eyes, at least not most of the time. Now... sometimes... yes, dgs can break dh's heart, too, with those puppy-dog eyes.

Whew... just checking... my photo book says it is uploading 13 of 80... Eighty pics is correct -- I was afraid I had hit upload too many times and was going to duplicate or triplicate that whole batch.

Another LOL... dmom just called and said, "What is a keto and why are we supposed to be friendly to them?" ROFLOL...

You know what the most fun of my Valentine's Day has been? Last night/this morning, dh was trying to catch up on his newspapers and his crossword puzzles (b/c he's so OCD, you know) and it was almost 4:00 in the morning :!: and he is trying to get me to help with the crossword. :!:
"What is "v __ x potpourri'?" he asks... then holds his paper this way and that, saying, "Wait a minute, I can't read this. I can't read my own writing either -- yes, v--x..."
I finally looked at the paper and saw that it was "v -- x populi" and said, "That is not POTPOURRI!!!" I was laughing so hard I was crying. I always get a little hysterical when I've been up too long like that; everything seems hilarious to me anyway. He said, "What is so funny?"
I told him, "I am lying here, trying to help a man who cannot spell, cannot read the clues, and cannot read his own writing -- do a crossword puzzle!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Vox populi," I told him and he said, "That completes my puzzle."
I guess you had to be there. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is now to 20 of 80 pictures... sheesh ... but even if the photo book is not PERFECT, and the photos cannot be added or taken away for correction -- I think it will look a lot neater than a handmade scrapbook, don't y'all? I really don't know what to do, but some of my photos had to be cropped to a custom size, rather than 4x6, so prints may be difficult to do in that size, too.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”