Fill in the F Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Fill in the F Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:17 pm

LadyM that is amazing. THank you for bringing it to my attention. TriN is such a weird thing that I can't imagine someone making up that review. Will bring it to the attention of the TriN group also.

I've been mostly pain free except for about 15 min when I had sharp pain when I talked. Also got the CBD oil and dropped under my tongue this afternoon.

Rain is starting here. I told dh last night I was pretty sure I wouldn't want to go to temple tonight.

I am feeling more proactive today. I'm not getting a lot done - oh, I did go see dmom while I was out also - but it's okay that I rest today. I wonder if the stress of the colonscopy didn't increase the reaction I was already having? I also ordered a kindle book about TriN.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:35 pm

PMA = Positive Mental Attitude.
It is helping me to focus on gratitude.
Had lunch.
It was pouring down rain.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:54 pm

Just make sure that PMA doesn't become GFNT (guilt for negative thoughts) and BSWADCE (blame self when attitude doesn't cure everything). Being grateful things are not worse is not equivalent to joy.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:49 pm

Twins', also when you are having any procedure while asleep, your jaw might not be in the position you would have placed it yourself. When my dmother was in the hospital the brief time, and was unconscious for a while, she ended up with a cut inside her mouth. So random. How? Perhaps she bit herself while being moved, or perhaps something else caregivers unknowingly did. It just makes me think you could have been in a situation of pressure against an area you usually protect.

When I deal with the jaw pain I have - probably a salivary gland prone to blockage - I can't help but think of your more severe pain.

My "F" word is fortuitous. HRH had held up a favorite small casserole plate/dish that is perfect for a favorite beans and onions dish. He said to dd and me, "you know now, if we EVER see another one of these, buy it!" So happy that in a fortuitous moment I just happened to run across one for him. Also here at home, after a pretty good search I fortuitous-ly came across papers I need.

HRH simply could not get out to do anything for Valentine's Day, so sent dd and me to Pan era again. That was nice.

The young man was going to drop in as a surprise after his work last evening. I knew it and asked him to pick up a fast food meal HRH can have but almost never gets. He set it down on the table and said, "Happy Valentine's Day", and HRH said, "Thank you, darlin'! Don't I get a kiss?" And the young man snapped his fingers and said, "Just missed it". They are silly. He truly wasn't coming, but had such a dreadful day at work because of a power outage that kept the whole place offline all day, that he called, and I insisted that of course he should come by, since I had an errand for him, lol.

HRH also sent a needed thumb-drive as a practical "Valentine" to his cousin who cares for both her elderly ddad and cancer-patient dbro. It was fortuitous he had an extra. She had me put it into their mailbox and keep going, since the household also has some kind of bug. She said it would be bad enough to expose our household if I knocked, but even worse that her ddad might insist on trying to answer the door. Poor thing. I know she is exhausted.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Crocus bloomed here on Valentine's Day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:05 pm

We have daffodils and flowering trees blooming already.

Counting the hrs until more meds. Has been an okay day. Not completely controlled but better than some days recently.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:37 pm

I decided to make a pot of soup. I wanted something hearty and warm. I had Zuppa Toscana in my mind when I started but i knew I didn't want to use some of the ingredients normally used. I knew I wanted it heavy in vegetables so I used that to guide my version of the soup. I started with sauteeing onions, then added cauliflower, celery, and spinach. I used chicken base instead of broth. I like things spicy so I also added rotel and sausage. Then I tossed in some cheese & cream to thicken it. It turned out amaaaazing! i was surprised at how good it tastes. No one in my house will touch a dish that contains spinach so I will be eating this soup for the next couple of days. IMHO, that is their loss!

My body is telling me I should have started with less than 6 hours of physical effort yesterday. I believe every single muscle located between my elbows and knees are complaining. Yesterday the muscle complaints were just a gentle ache. This morning it became harsher aches. Now it is a complete PITA. Literally. Even the muscles in my b*tt are so sore that I hesitate when they need to make contact with the toilet seat. I'm just trying to get through this by letting time pass. I know the muscles will stop complaining after a couple of days.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:51 pm

LadyM: my shoulders are still sore from Tuesday, pushing the stroller on the ice and snow took a lot of pushing, plus the lifts and drops from the bus. They lower the bus a bit but you still have to tilt up the stroller and lower down carefully. They were worse yesterday than today.

I don't think I have anything to show for today except signing and putting the museum pass in my wallet.

I still haven't found my bus transit card so will have to buy another. That's two lost in one year. Each time there's a $5 charge for the card plus $10 to put on the card to activate it. Then my balance can be transferred over. My card is lost because no-one has used it since it was lost on the 25th. I finally remembered which bag I had with me and rushed to find the card in it. No luck. I probably threw it out with the expired gift cards. At least last time I lost the card I knew almost immediately (it slipped out of my hand while I was juggling my hat, bus pass, purse and a shopping bag while running to catch up with dh who had decided we had to take the bus that was just about to pull away and I didn't feel it fall because of the hat.)

Dh and I walked to the store so I have 8700 steps for the day so far. We had leftovers for dinner. I had the pork & potato stir fry leftovers and dh had some ribs with some rice. I added broccoli and cauliflower to my leftovers, then grated cheese over the top and baked it in the oven in a pie plate. That made it better than the first time we had it! I had been washing up all through the day so left dh with the dinner dishes to clean up.

I keep hearing the beep of a dying smoke alarm. At least I know now it isn't our apartment but it is becoming more frequent and driving me nuts. Dh doesn't hear it. I, on the other hand, confused it for the beep of my tea timer and didn't steep my tea long enough this morning.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:50 pm

Elisabeth - I heartily agree on lopsided positive people who miss the point, and it is really negative and judgemental in my own judgemental opinion.
I keep being annoyed by a 'who lived longer' long term study of a group of nuns. One lot airyfairy emotive 'spiritual' speak statisticly lived so much longer than the practical tell it like it is crowd.
I know who rolled up their sleeves and got to work hard wherever they were sent. Maybe they wore out.
I don't know if they were kind or not, either group. The test results given wasn't about that value or of how helpful they were to anyone else, or cruel, as that happened in some places as a culture too.
We had a royal commission about institutional abuses, and there were more than enough of those.

Nodding to that many carry positivity like a weapon to be used against the' negative' guys, who may have a bad run of circumstances. I wonder if they would have been the same if placed in another life.
My search for more positive is to not be overwhelmed by the places my mind can go to in response,
nor to get stuck there in a mire.

Yesterday was a day with another judging me is an upsetting way. F day for sure. false reading of situation.
I survived that, but keep needing to do personal rebuilds to carry on, and hopefully get something helpful done today. I could complain some more but will resist.

I agree with Elisabeth about the whole valentines thing as well.
delete the next bit for those lucky enough to share close to others relationships.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:44 pm

Back from an errand an item came in for h. At the store and I needed a couple of things.
We had dinner. I have been helping h. With his new crome a book.

Return to “Post When You Can”