Fill in the F Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Fill in the F Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:52 am

Thanks to our government incompetence, I had a frightful sleep last night and I am dragging today.

What F-word will set the tone for your day?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Fill in the F Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:10 am

Our government implemented the cell phone alerts last spring. The first test was a complete failure, the second only slightly better.

Part of the problem is all alerts go out in both languages, often each their own alert. And they don't reach all phones simultaneously. So for the tornadoes I received 5 warnings and dh received more but after the first three we stopped looking at the phones and didn't realize there were additional tornadoes hitting.

The other problem is that they implemented the Amber alert system as part of the emergency system.

So last night I received 2 and dh received 3 alerts. One an our after bed, the second 40 minutes later. For an abducted child 300 miles away. Tragically she was murdered so this was not a false alarm in that the danger to her was real. But there was no way waking me up twice could change the outcome.

How your phone responds depends on factors we can't figure out. This time iPhone users received it. That was not true for the tornados.

Dh and I both have android phones on do not disturb, using the same carrier but his Samsung sounded the alert whereas my phone vibrated and lit up. I had earphones in so was glad mine behaved well but we were still woken 2 times and then dh's went off a third time while we were still awake, apparently sending the cancel message again.

On reddit people are saying one should keep the phone in airplane mode overnight. Or not in your room. That means I would either miss tornado warnings (Canada does not have a weather alert radio system so I can't use one of those, the cell phone system is all we have) or I have to get up and go to another room to determine if it is an emergency or not. Neither is a reasonable solution.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:15 am

So I frustrated because it took me 2 hours to fall asleep after the second time and I had to wake dh because his muscles were spasming after the adrenaline rush. And I couldn't get into deep sleep at all the rest of the night, waking every hour or so.

I'm having tea and chocolate now and waiting to hear back from dd. She also had an awful night. Her iPhone worked but that wasn't a good thing.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:23 am

I'm afraid I'm with Kathryn. Not a good evening. My mouth was throbbing at times and I wasn't a good dinner companion for sure. Lucylee is right about those Valentine's Day expectations but was a nice dinner out too much to ask for? I had a little cry, both during dinner and on the way home, took meds and went to bed. I am feeling awful - not sure whether it's the meds or the pain but I'm not in a good place these days.

Dcleaning lady is coming to do her magic so I need to get ready. How did things go down so much in the last 1.5 days, especially since I was away yesterday a.m. early until afternoon?

My mood was improved a little yesterday afternoon by a walk around the block with dfriend M. Misery does love company, and she had fired the editor that she had hired to work with on getting one of her books polished and offering for publication. M has amazing editorial credentials herself and worked as editor for a couple of major U. S. magazines that you would would recognize. This woman she hired, however, was all negatives and it was just too much to take - exacerbated by the fact that a close friend of hers had worked successfully with that editor and had a book published. So she was quite low about the experience also. And I was fine walking with her and talking for 20 min. By the time we got to dinner meds had worn off a little I think.

So Kathryn, the point of that is that misery loves hearing about other people's troubles because then one realizes that we all have them in some form. Most of us wouldn't trade them with someone else, although I might right now...

Message back from doc that I can increase meds to see if get relief. Last night I was to the point I was ready to go to the MRI and surgery if it would help, or change meds right away or something.

At least I slept well?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:00 am

Frick is my word... said the other word last nite :oops: ... sigh moving on Finally Friday my words. I am forever grateful h is at work & said he would put in extra effort to be more pleasant tonite we have both apologized again. TWC [the weather channel] was having code glitches we noticed today. G mail is changing next mo. Talked to H about it and using Yahoo so that is the plan. I deleted over a thousand e mails before bed, cleared out folders and renamed some of them! Happy for excellent progress. Got g-mail on my pc to look more like I want no longer a bright glaring green color it is a soft mint colo now, found an add on tool bar that is very efficient for me yea!

Today working on PMA. I promised that I would go to the cave basement if I got out of sorts this evening.

We had snow in the night.
Journal x
Planning x
Bfast x
A m Meds x
Qt x
Exercise x
What are you looking Forward to?
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:08 am

Hi!

My "f" is to "finish" something. I put away the 2 books that needed to be put away in the bedroom. I also did some dusting I had been avoiding. I also watered some plants that were a Wednesday chore/job.

Supper tonight is leftovers.
Last edited by CathyS on Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:47 am

My F word today is "far". Have to drive dh to meet dd in a town far away from here -well relatively, at least further than I normally drive. ;) She had a development class today in one town -at least closer than the drive to her school. Dh is going to meet her around noon, go to school with her and then on to a hockey game later this afternoon. Dh wanted to go to the flea market this morning but I seem to be having a troublesome time recuperating from the 'late' night at Trivia. (We did end up coming in first -which means a $50 dining certificate). Plan to take dh to meet dd then come back and just plain veg out.

Want to do a LOL but dsonil still has clothes in the washer/dryer. Hoping he takes them out after work today & I'll get mine in. Got his first pay check yesterday which was more for the 3 days he worked last week than for 5 days working up home. That made him happy.

Realized last night that I need to figure out whatever I need to do over the next 5 weeks. Dh is scheduled to leave 5 weeks from Sunday/Monday. Our Pastor is being installed on the 24th so not sure of just when dh will leave. He wants to leave that afternoon after the service. I tell him he'll not gain anything by leaving on Sunday. Well, it all depends on whether he has rolled bandages to deliver to a place in MD. If he doesn't I suppose it won't make a difference. If he does go there he needs to time his trip so he arrives there by late morning. Otherwise it's too late in the day and he'd have to stay overnight anyway.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:33 pm

I am so late.... waving hello sweet ladies!!!
ta ta as it is already 10:32 I woke at 9:00 after falling asleep at 7 pm last night bc of pain. pain is gone ya hoo.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:00 pm

Excellent F's everyone!

Twins: yes, misery loves company.

I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (my daily average goal at the moment is over 5K a day and yesterday I had 2K, but only because I paced while brushing my teeth!) I'll need another 30 plus a walk with dh to the store but at least I've started moving earlier in the day.

That was another part of my frustration, I had laid out all my treadmill clothes last night so I would get into them when I got out of bed. Instead, I dragged myself out, had tea and light and then dragged myself to get dressed into the exercise close and didn't move very fast on the treadmill. But I'm at 3700 steps so far for the day so that's not bad.

My ears seem clogged and I'm not sure if that's from my shower, my lack of sleep or if I'm coming down with something.

The bedroom is all tidied now, with the drying rack emptied and put away.

Finally, garbage and recycle is out. It has been 2 weeks for everything but the kitchen garbage. I feel like the apartment is cleaner! It isn't piled up or anything, it is just that I'm not used to seeing my bathroom garbage filled to the top, same with my paper recycle next to my desk.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:06 pm

Change of plans for supper. Dh wants to go out for Vietnamese. I didn't argue.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”