Simple Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Simple Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:15 am

I'm calling it simple Saturday here. I need to keep my days open and free and without obligations for now.

How are you keeping it simple today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Simple Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:28 am

Twins: I hope you got some good rest last night.

I'm up and on the treadmill now after doing tea/chocolate/light and working on my planner for a bit. Wednesday night's meeting dumped a ton of work on me so getting through that and writing a narrative budget for the church are my focus for the day. Some to-dos are under five minutes so I need to not be afraid of the very long list in my planner!

I've also prepped next week's page a bit early. I start my weeks on a Monday so I still have all of tomorrow to finish up the undone tasks from this week, but when I don't, I have a place to migrate them to.

I'm setting my goals high for average steps this week which means 8K each for today and tomorrow. If I do 2 miles on the treadmill this morning, I'll pick up the remaining 3K steps on the way to the pub tonight. Tomorrow I have no idea what I'll do.

I've invited dd over today at some point, including after nap and having them join us at the pub. We'll see if they take me up on a free meal. Dgs likes the pub so maybe they'll do it for him. Or maybe not since they are still not letting dgs out to do things.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 am

I was in bed for 11 hours last night and asleep for almost 9.5. So I made up for the night before.

I've just checked out Members Only.

I'm starting to stagger a bit on the treadmill so will need to stop typing and focus on form. I have another 4 - 10 minutes to go but won't make the 2 miles I was shooting for.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:10 am

Tough nite had a b.s. crash and h helped over corrected. Beyond ask today.
Found more tech i ssues but not with us, get e mail they said it will be easier and faster not the case so far. :roll:
Time to get on the stat bike.
Washer twins are going.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:13 am

simple hahahahaha I forgot that this morning when I made my to do l*st. I should have come here first 8-) :D

praying for you to have a beautiful simple free saturday d twins!!!

hi d kathryn Wow great job - treadmill, the/ chocolate/ planner awesome. great goal. I need to set a goal for steps bc I don't do them.
wishing you a great day!!! glad you got a good night sleep!

d nancy - I am so sorry you had a blood sugar crash. hope you feel better!!! it's an awful feeling. Hope you have a good day!!!

wishing everyone a great day.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:17 am

I didn't do errand day this week bc of the ice and decluttering
so this morning go to the grocery store.

My goals today:
cook
declutter my digital photos on computer. I did my phone already - gosh that took a long time.
yoga
paper work - type something for someone and send it out.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:35 am

Thank you, Kathryn, I did sleep well. I usually don't have the pain at night so I'm taking a lesser dose in the p.m. I just refilled meds/supplements, et al for the next week. :shock:

Energy is pretty good so far. Some pain. Trying to sip smoothie and some sizeable jolts, maybe @ 5-6

Dh and dd are looking at cars today. I am so glad I'm not going along. She wants his help but otoh she doesn't want him making the decision.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello!!

Very productive day here. Meat and produce at one store in Niagara Falls, followed by bakery stop in the Falls for 4 loaves of bread for the freezer and 4 buns for lunches this weekend. A stop for other groceries (cheesies and plastic wrap) and a stop at our favourite re-sale place and we were home by 9:30. Brunch has been consumed and I have a chicken doing a bit of marinating in the fridge.

I can't remember who Tightwad She was, but there was a "famous" recipe for Sticky Chicken that she posted. I found it in one of my drawers in the office a while ago and whole chickens were on special today, so that is what we are having. The recipe says to rub the various spices all over it and let it sit in the fridge over night. I am making it for tonight, so it gets 3 hours in the fridge until it goes into the oven for 5 hours at 250. I think we will have rice with it. Actually I will make dh a package of his favourite spicy rice.

First load of laundry is in the washer doing it's thing. I am going to a knitting group this afternoon and dh is going to see a friend on Port Colbourne.

To top it all off, dh wants to go to Walmart tonight for cat treats.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Dd said they wouldn't be over today. So I'm feeling low about that. I was s2s by 11 (and fed and exercised) but have done nothing but snack since then.

I will try and concentrate on the narrative budget. It should be a relatively quick item, maybe 45 minutes.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:46 pm

Snowing here now but it melted.
Laundry is done.
Done with desk work.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”