Monday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:56 am

or choose your challenge, 5 x 7, 8 x 10 or a custom challenge all your own.

It's a holiday here in the U. S. for many, so you can, of course, choose to spend the day with family friends and recreational pursuits. :D
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday 5 x 5

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:57 am

I have not CUOPed but woke up feeling well - no pain - so am making the most of it. Dh is underfoot, however. ;)

More to come....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 am

On our way to DD's for a visit now.

Dh had to wake me after 8. He was worried I'd be upset with him but I am glad or we'd be too late.

Did not get any of the Monday chores done, though.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:14 am

Hi!

It's a holiday here. "Family Day" because the government decided we needed a long weekend in the middle of winter. It's snowing here. Dh is plowing the driveway right now.

We have had breakfast/brunch already. We were awake before 6! :shock: I think I will be having a nap this afternoon.

Dirty pots and pans are in the sink. Dishwasher is full and ready to get turned on after I have a shower. Roo may or may not have the day off. Depends on how productive I want to appear. :lol:

Dh bought a broccoli on Saturday, so he will be having a very spicy beef and broccoli dish for supper. I have no idea what I will be having. Probably the rest of the chicken breast from the roast chicken I had the other night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:25 am

Monday 5x5 -think I can manage that.
1. Put up my meds for 4 weeks -done
2. do up the dishes
3. place some orders with A river -done
4. Spruce up the office
5. go to Parkesdales for strawberries & ice cream done -remember that, Sunny? Going with dh and dd. She has the day off for President's Day. Our kids up home are off for February Break this week. Normally it's a 'thaw' week but it's very cold and snowy there too, Cathy.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:09 pm

Cathy, didn't realize it was a holiday for you also.

Have had breakfast, made the bed, s2sed and started a load of laundry. And took meds. Feeling fine so far. I think yesterday's protocol - taking 200 mg 8 hrs after the first dosage in the morning - was excellent. We'll see later this week if doc will allow it. I had strong pain around bedtime but I got meds down and just went to bed. I'm often okay if I don't move my mouth at all.

5 x 5 (now that I know which way the wind is blowing, at least this moment)
-go to Hemp house for CBD oil
-take dd to return rental car and pick up new (to her) car
-assess what inks pads are dead and figure out an order of supplies
-a.m. routine
-get phone set up

That's actually an ambitious list.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm

I am happy to say h is working today.
I have soup in the crock pot.
Daily stuff is pretty much current.
I vacuumed the living room.
Tossed old food out of the fridge.
Dumped the trash.
Have done 5 things yea!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Twins, it is a newish holiday. Ds does not get holiday pay because it is not in the legislation covering his overtime.

On our way home now. We'll change into warmer clothes and go for a walk in the sunshine. Dh is humouring me because he's sick of the cold. That explains why he is not pushing for walks on nice days.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:07 pm

Woke up to snow. We were only suppose to get 2 inches, but it's still snowing. Dd2 called while on her way to country school. She was in a long line of cars following a snowplow on the highway. She said speeds were anywhere from 25 mph to occasionally 40 mph.

Saturday I had baked a B isquik Impossible Pumpkin Pie. We finished it yesterday. It was so good that I made another one this morning. That will be our pumpkin pie fix until late fall.

Dgs13 has a home game today. I have supper in the crockpot, so will have something yummy to eat when we get home.

I still haven't showered, so I better do that because I am betting I will need to pick dgs14 up after school.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:16 pm

Good morning! This weekend was fairly productive for me. DD17 is in Las Vegas with her other family, so there was more get it done time.

Friday, I cleaned up the MBR, ending in removing the bed frame so the mattress and box springs sit directly on the floor. This was to prevent foster kitten Pokey from hiding. Of course, he now has a new hiding place that I have not discovered yet. At Saturday's cat clinic, we got applications from two people for a total of 4 cats. Two were for my own Walter and Pokey. She is aware of their feral origins and Pokey's need for more work, she just didn't want to separate them. The cat coordinator was distressed because of an ad in the paper about two sewer cats that had no phone number to offer help. She ended up going to the approx location given and ran into the person who ran the ad! Very fortuitous as cat coordinator is no longer distressed and two homeless cats can get off the streets. A good thing too, it was snowing again today. I did my bills and budget and knocked some more off that credit card.

Sunday was church and I dropped off the bed frame so it is GONE! At the Planner Addicts meeting, I worked on consolidating and organizing my lists then went to dinner with the friend that runs it. The evening was spent making unicorn's eyes. This afternoon I have a DPC. After payroll is craft store (only for current project needed items) and grocery store. Then, I need to post some church webwork, cut and freeze some vegs, and attach unicorn eyes. Then the rainbow unicorn will be DONE! If there is time, I should work on Luna Lovegood's hair, but that is not likely.

No holiday for me. Payroll is reports in a database that I am not very familiar with.

Return to “Post When You Can”