Monday 5 x 5

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Monday 5 x 5

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:36 pm

Homeschool is done. I was reminded today why I don't like taking long breaks from schoolwork. We have really good homeschool routines now but it is harder to get back into the groove after taking a 4-day break. We discuss and acknowledge the challenge which seemed to help.

Last week I used some down time (super sore muscles) to research gardening methods. I followed one method to another to another to another. ANYway I found several methods that I want to try but finally landed on a method that totally fascinates me. I mentioned to DH that I would like to experiment with doing some of the methods and want to start with Dutch Bucket gardening. I was thinking something along the lines of a couple dozen buckets. DH picked up the phone and called a friend of his and told him that we needed a pallet of buckets. My jaw dropped. I really appreciate DH total support of my crazy ideas but but but. 120 buckets is a little more than I was thinking about doing. Ohhssss well. Now I will have buckets to experiment with several of the gardening methods that I have been researching. Grow Buckets. Earth Buckets. Kratky buckets, Global buckets. self-watering/sub-irrigated buckets, RGGS, etc. Oh my. Can a person be too addicted to gardening? No answer needed....

I had planned on going to the Y today before I remembered that it is a holiday. The place is always packed on holidays. I'm spoiled to having the place to myself (or just a couple of people). I'm going to take a pass on going to the y today.

This week is DS10 bedroom complete overall. Everything comes out of the room. Before it is returned to the room everything is gone through decluttered and the items kept are put back in an organized manner. The process has begun....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:44 pm

I vacummed the rest of the carpets upstairs.
Soup for lunch was good.
I still need to get the mail.
Got one pesky phone call done found the phone number for co. That mailed us aaro stuff for the wrong person hoping that is resolved now but will take 4-6 weeks to stop getting this excess stuff.
Wrote one g-mail getting the hang of it and seemed to have resolved those issues. Double yea!
I tweaked my planner got pages, remembered what I was going to use after these printed ones were done.
Have a letter ready to go out tomorrow.
H just called so I am glad I have this much done.
.Back from doing an errand.
Tried to get a coupke of things one got one of three pouty face.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:48 pm

AAANNNDDD my plans just took a 180. The sewer cats have been caught (easily, they are tame) and are getting tested this afternoon. Walter has a followup vet appointment in Home City tomorrow, then he and Pokey are going to their new home. The result is that I am meeting the cat coordinator for dinner and cat swap tonight. Unfortunately the sewer rat cats do not get along and will have to be housed separately (sewing room and guest bath). Another foster is likely to take the younger of the two. The older has been a stray for at least 10 years, so not a youngster.

DPC, grocery run, and cut and freeze vegs will still get done. Craft store is a maybe. Next priority is the church webwork, then unicorn eyes.

Never a dull moment at the cathouse.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:50 pm

For some reason I decided to check the time of the game because it is against the other middle school. Good thing I checked, as it said no activities today. The game I thought was today will be Thursday. So I texted dd2 for clarification. She apologized for not letting me know after she found out about the change last night. Both dgss will be leaving Thursday with their church youth group to go to Colorado skiing. Conferences are Thursday and Friday, so all local church youth groups go to various ski areas each year. Dd2 and I both thought the boys were leaving Thursday morning but instead they will leave after the games on Thursday.

She didn't mention that I would need to pick up both boys, but I better be ready, just in case.............

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:22 pm

So I already posted today, but put it in yesterday's thread. No problem. Nothing important, was just organizing my brain.

Done:
2 LOL washed & hung up
3 desk drawers sorted / purged /
Sorted out / reorganized M Bath linen closet
Bathroom cleaned

Helped DH; he was working on big truck steering

A 3-pocket thing we made sorted/ much thrown away / about a dozen catalogs in recycle bin.
The 2 shelves of typewriter cart sorted / organized / bunch thrown out or consolidated into the spiral notebook. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about the lack of typewriter.

Still to do: make turkey broth.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Alrighty! Taking a break. I can really tell by my energy level when I eat off my WOE. My energy drops and I find myself looking for reasons to sit down. I did eat healthy for lunch. Maybe I can get back on track with that part of my life.

I spent some time outside. It isn't above freezing and I didn't wear a coat so my outside time was limited. I emptied the potting mix from an earthbox and have it ready to wash and sanitize. It is too cold outside to do those tasks so I will wait for the weather to warm up to do the washing part.

I planted a couple basil seeds in some rock wool to see if they will sprout.

I have moved 2 pieces of furniture out of DS10 room. These pieces of furniture contain 16 baskets of "stuff". I really like these because they can hold a lot of stuff. I dislike them for the same reason!! I have 13 of the baskets emptied and the contents sorted, decluttered, organized, labeled and put back together. I'm waiting for DS10 to return home (is with DH) so he can decide what he wants to keep or give away in the 3 remaining baskets.

I have repaired holes in DS10 wall in prep of painting. This room was recently painted (about a year ago) so I will just be painting a few areas here and there.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:05 pm

LadyM, how do you wash and sanitize your potting soil?

I am home, finally. I didn't expect the stuff with dd to take so long, but it did. I met her at 12:30 to return the rental car and we went on to the Hemp place where I got some good advice and made a purchase. This is totally legal, BTW, for anyone wondering. Then we went to get her car and it took forever! And they hadn't cleaned it so they took it back to do that and that took awhile. Then they put some gas in it for her. We were finally finished and went to IHOP for a late late lunch. I think it was 4 p.m. when we got there. I ate a good part of an omelette and all the hash browns, with very minimal pain. I've been great all day, and I don't think it's the CBD oil cause I just started it. (The guy there clarified that what I already had does have CBD, but he had been so helpful I went ahead and purchased some of his product.( And he was great in letting me know the dosage needed.

So of my 5 x 5 I have taken care of dd, got the hemp product, and mostly done a.m. routine. I'm calling the laundry finished, I need to fold a load of sheets but that can wait, and I need to empty the dishwasher.

Right now instead of taking care of my phone or playing with stamp pads I need to walk the dog and get some steps in. I'm trying to start again getting the steps - last week was a loss altogether.

I will probably take meds again at 6 p.m. - 8 hrs after morning meds - but I'm hoping I've turned the corner. I think one of the worst parts of this is the fear that this bite of food, or swallowing, or talking will flare it up. Well, that and the pain, of course.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:09 pm

This new holiday is also not a Federal holiday so although all the kids are off school, all stores are shut, and non federal employees are off work, the office building by our place had a full parking lot. The walk we took was very nice. I put my hood (found when I was sorting all my winter things) back on my down jacket and was very warm.

Dh and I walked to the drug store which was open and I picked up another transit card (there goes $16!) in order to knock an item off my to-do list. Now I just have to figure out how to not lose this one. I'll start by putting a reward notification on the back of it, offering $5 for its return. Although, my other two were not used by people finding it, so I suspect they were simply lost.

We're having the leftover pizza from last night for dinner tonight so we don't have to cook.

I'm off to water the plants before it gets completely dark and then finish making the bed. I got over half of it done between coming home and going out for the walk, and the sheets are now out of the dryer, waiting to be folded and put away.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Had a small bowl of cabbage soup to 'tide' me over. Not having dinner until dd gets back from dBiscuit's class -should be around 7:30 or so. Didn't want to eat many calories so that was it.

Talked a while with DS-R. Still having a lot of pain in the shoulder they opeerated on nearly 2 weeks ago. Think he starts therapy in another week or so. DDIL-R is already going for hers. Dr. won't let her go back to work even light duty for at least another 6 weeks. She's torn about that. He said they came home from church early yesterday as DGS14 was getting sicker by the moment. Went to urgent care & tested positive for the flu. For some reason or other he never got the flu shot this year. And of course this is his vacation week from school. So they're all home recuperating this week.

Think I'll start looking at a movie on Hallmark while we wait for dd.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:26 pm

I'm at 6800 steps; came in and took meds.

I think I'll go upstairs and play with ink pads. I'd rather not start something that may take mental effort. And figuring out a new phone may be more than I want to handle right now.

I think the omelette will hold me. If it doesn't I'll have a snack later.

Thinking earlier how happy I am that dd has a new (to her) car and hopefully this is finished. She had the accident on 21 January, so it's been almost a month.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”