Tah Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:03 am

We should celebrate the tah dahs today, the days when we're getting a lot done and things are clicking along! No dwelling on the to do list, rejoice in what does happen, large and small.

I'll start: I got up when the alarm went off this morning and woke up pain free and rested. Weird, huh?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lynlee

Re: Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby Lynlee » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:44 am

Well done Twins.

I went to Yoga today at neighbouring township to make up for the missed day yesterday. It is an easier day, as start and leave home time are both back by 30 min, and there is no meeting that follows that changes the flow of the day.
Afterwards some attendees meet for morningtea/ lunch? and I joined them and found a tea and banana loaf slice rgat seemed ok for me. I caught the bus back though I could have caught a lift with teacher, who needed to stop in town for a short while. I thought the sit at bus stop was a good meditation spot, and the walk back from the bus would do me good.

I took some action in the kitchen, then had a read and nap.
Green bin day so attacked some of the dreaded N garden near the fence.
1/2 wheely bin and I decided to not tempt the mosquitos further.

Good night - have a great day with tadas that satisfy, be they huge success, or that stubborn thing got binned. (In my case that was some plants with roots, so hoping that one does not return.)(Anything binned that never needs dealing with again is a great success in my book.)
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:02 am

How fun! I'm looking forward to seeing the Tah-Dah's today. Thanks Twins!

Tah Dah -
** I am up, dogs are outside, trash has been taken to the road (trash day), and the coffee is made.

Last night the kids stayed up past their bedtime because there is no public school today. We are going to use one of our "5 vacation days a month" today so it is a no homeschool day also.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:36 am

I was gone yesterday for errands and this morning I have a dr. appointment - I want to wish you the most awesome day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:42 am

Happy dance that Twins awoke pain free!

I'm running about an hour behind today since I didn't get out of bed until 8:30. I cut my melatonin back to half a pill and had trouble getting to sleep. On the other hand, I had no trouble staying asleep! I'll try to take the pill earlier tonight and have lights out by 10 instead of 11.

I just finished tea and chocolate and light therapy. So now to s2s before I eat breakfast. Or maybe the reverse since dh is in the shower now and someone needs to be available to answer the door.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 am

Did not sleep well at all last night -was awake from around midnight until after 5am. :roll: But I feel strangely energized this morning so will try for several "ta-dah's".

Dh has already done the dishes so I'm "ahead of the game" :D Just finishing up my breakfast -sipping my (decaf) coffee. Have several things that keep running through my mind that I need to get written down. Lots to think about and do before dh leaves for home in 5 weeks. It creeps up on me all too fast!

Dsonil finally called our dfriend up home last night to tell him he wouldn't be coming there this year to work April - November. Thank goodness he has a full time job here and certainly better pay and benefits. Know dd can hardly wait for his 90 days to be up so he can get health insurance and she can drop the $600/month payment she's making for him. There's a good raise right there. He will be paying his own health insurance through his work. DD said, "Yes! $22/week". "No" he said, "I smoke so it's $35/week." Uh, we said together, quit smoking. I know easier said than done and he has no desire to quit. Figure and extra $13/week for policy and another $20+/week for tobacco. It would be a no brainer for me, but then I've never had that addiction.

I echo the "YAYS" for Twins awaking pain free. Know that's a big plus for you!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 am

Happy dance that Twins awoke pain free!
Happy dance here also.

And....still pain free...
-I ate breakfast and took meds
-walked the dog
-cleaned up kitchen
-started a load of laundry
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:44 am

Morning...

Twins, glad to hear you’re pain free this morning.

It is 31* here this morning! I was up dressed and had my bed made before my first cup of coffee. Today is deskday for me, but before I start that I needed to make a grocery run. Dinner is in my slow cooker so I don’t need to worry abt that.

I spent yesterday at my friends house, sitting and chatting. We worked together and she had the day off. Before I knew it six hours had flew by and it was time to go home. Our visits are always like that.

Kitchen has been cleaned up and now it’s time for my second cup of coffee. BBL maybe ;D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 am

Winter weather advisory did not give us any new snow to speak of over nite. It is not over till Wed. Snow has began just a few fkakes.
H is at work. My morning is improving I got up on the wrong side of the bed. So I am working out a better attitude. Qt. Exercise journal, planning, cook eggs done.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:08 pm

Tah Dah so far: Finished my morning routine, put a check out in the mailbox (the rest of our tax refund for our savings account up home -note to self: need to change the bank it goes to next year!!), deep cleaned our bathroom counter. It really needed it. Did various other very little things but at least I was moving!

DS-A's financier had DS-A call Dh to see if he'd go with him to a Lightening game on March 2nd in Tamps. Certainly -but he did call DS back to tell him he really can't drive after dark -especially back from the arena in Tampa. Wouldn't work so not sure where it's at right now. He usually calls dh to go to pre season game at the Detroit Tigers winter stadium in Lakeland. He likes to get to the Yankee/Tigers game but it doesn't always work out. So, I was surprised he wanted to go to an NHL game. DD and DH are going to a Lightning game next Monday. She had thought about parking in the garage this time -NOT! It's $79! They'll park on the street where they usually do. She gets this game as a reward for something through school. She was recruited again to teach at the high school next year. She finally asked if they foster the program Bright Star. Answer was no. She'll get over a $6,000 bonus from that this year and it possibly will be more next year. So that was a no-brainer for her. No incentive.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”