Tah Dah Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tah Dah Tuesday

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:46 pm

I've never tasted fire-roasted tomatoes. I like sun dried tomatoes in things, a more snappy taste I think.

Couple hours in the garage purging 3 years of records. Technically I only needed to do 1 but I am tired of all the paper around here so I did 3. Tried using the shredder. I set it up out there on the card table but it overheated and took a long time to cool enough. So I gave that up. I ended up cutting off all identifying information and throwing the rest away, putting the named stuff in a bin. I don't know how heavy that thing got, but it was almost too heavy to carry to the fireplace to burn. The rolley bin ( tall garbage can on wheels) is half filled.

Took us a few hours to get everything burned but that's out of here now.

Got the Turkey soup made and DH made ribs. I refused to eat any. They're way too fatty. He shouldn't be eating them either. He wanted me to make them and I said no I wasn't eating that stuff any more...if he wanted them he was on his own. :evil: Yep, he put a rub on them and baked. Oh well...

Time for bed.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:03 pm

Hello, villagers ~
Cuop from yesterday:
I had to look up Dutch bucket gardening as I had not heard that term.

Kathryn ~ Any way to punch a hole in your transit card to attach to a lanyard, caribiner clip, keychain, or stretchy bracelet? Or if not a hole punch, then insert the card into a badge/nametag holder on a lanyard, the kind people get when they attend a conference?

My own check in:
Yesterday at work I parked in a different spot on the opposite side of the building because I thought that would get my car out of the way of snow removal equipment. Yes, it did that, but at the same time when I went out after work I discovered my car surrounded by such thick ice that I had to hang onto the car to avoid slipping and falling onto the concrete. :x I was wearing my new snow boots with the treaded soles, which was good, otherwise in regular shoes I definitely would have fallen on the ice. All of the parking spots in that location were in the same shape because "they" messed up in calculating how water would drain there. Instead of running directly to the storm drain, any water from melting snow collects there in a puddle and then refreezes. It's dangerous and I will not be parking there again.

Today I finally made it to TheBigCity as the highway was in good shape. I put gas in the car and stocked up on fresh vegetables, dairy, and meat.

We might be snowed in again tomorrow. DH brought work home just in case. I have a bunch of desk work to do throughout the day including a 2-hour webinar to watch for CE credits for work.

I still have a couple of hours to do something before bedtime tonight. There is a crate full of papers mocking me so I will start sorting through them and try to toss almost all into the recycle bin.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:21 am

Ta-das:
— teacher meeting
— post office — paid credit card bill
— bank — cash for dbil bday card, church business
— CPA for tax stuff (w/Dh and ds)
— supper with dbil and his girlfriend and her family (w/Dh and ds/family)
— s/s two bathrooms
— more work completed on brick pics photo book for dmom’s bday
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 am

Thankful for a cell phone. No internet, no landline. Dh and I will be fighting over this one cell phone till Friday afternoon.
Sigh.
Rain rain rain here.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”