Is it a wet Wednesday where you are?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Is it a wet Wednesday where you are?

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:27 pm

d lynlee stay safe with the weather. praying for everyone that has been affected by the flooding.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:32 pm

hello d rose, d harriet, d kathryn, d cathy, d nancy, d lady and d all that come later.

you are so sweet d harriet. it has been a bit crazy here.
we have a gentle mist over the snow. we are supposed to have ice rain later. dd younger is supposed to fly in tomorrow but the weather may or may not cooperate. when she flies out on tuesday we are supposed to have snow again.

I am going to use my timer today and hopefully be here today. I love a new day especially when I can work with all of you.

have a lovely lovely day. okay it's official. this winter girl is getting tired of winter :lol: I am ready for sunshine and no snow. 8-) I pulled my sunscreen for my cream (lol - so that I have a bit of summer) 8-) :lol:

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Looks like everybody is having rain but us. Some grey clouds overhead though.

My "wet" was last evening when I vacuumed the kitchen and mopped that room. Big improvement.

Didn't sleep well, woke about 4 and was awake a few hours. Slept a little after that.

DH's dentist called to cancel, was ill. He got an appointment for tomorrow. I sure hope the dentist is well and not carrying some germs.

Slow morning, I need to get going and do something.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Booksaver: I forgot to say thank you for the suggestions about the transit card. Dd and dsil carry theirs inside a card folder. Solely the card, nothing else. My original was in a smaller folder with a gift card to Tim Horton's (that had 80 cents left on it so wasn't a big loss!) The last one was just the card (which is like a credit card in shape, weight and and size.) I was carrying it in my glove (it is RFID so you just tap it and it can be tapped through a glove or thin wallet.) Dsil taught me to carry it against the back of my hand in the glove so I have more use of my hand. Even in his case, it fit in mittens the day I borrowed his.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:22 pm

We have a stress-filled house because of 1) paperwork woes and 2) our county government. Just a couple papers that can't be found, but the difficulties of finally giving up and calling and asking for them to be emailed seems huge - you don't always encounter pleasant people. I have SUCH a dreaded phone call to make for the second time.

Then the reassessment of property taxes went awry on ours somehow and resulted in a 14-fold increase in valuation, which, of course, is an obvious error, just time consuming. But all of community here and in surrounding counties truly has had a terribly high percentage re-valuation that has everyone disgusted. Many saying they just can't hold on any longer and will be forced to sell and move, so lots of negativity all 'round. "Growth" means the longer you've paid taxes, the less desirable you are.

Now a co-worker/colleague needs to come by at 3 and of course these days it's easier for HRH just to handle these things downstairs where he greets someone, and this fellow is something of a friend, too, so that's fine. But I'd imagine I'd better do some cleaning of footprints around here, as they will probably hang out and chat as well.

Oh, dear ... .. Wet Wednesday... .. I'm wondering if he can jump the moat! :|

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:53 pm

telling d harriets stress to go right out the window and that all paperwork etc. falls right into place. praying that papers or digital copies are found.

hi d kathryn and d harmony as well!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:01 pm

most of morning routine is done. I have horrible I don't wanna's regarding vacuuming the first floor. I know it won't take long but I am making it into a long process.

I also had planned on a put away in the upstairs hall closet - it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes and I have I don't wanna's as well.

just now - dh came home and said that the results were great re: his treat. I felt bad but I had to give dh a straight forward talk re: removing the port from his chest from 9 years ago. He didn't want to bother the throat dr. he sees once a year and asked the receptionist if she knew who he should go to. she doesn't know the surgeons and told him to go to the manufacturer. He said the insurance won't cover it which a nurse friend said that it is odd that they wouldn't cover a partial of it. I don't know. The cancer dr. didn't have a name either. DH finally agreed to call the dr. today to ask how to go about removing the port. So that is good. he just left him a message yay!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Good morning everyone! Nice and sunny here, but I do need to get some laundry wet tonight. DD17 and I went to the library and ran into one of our friends there. DD did not have her library card. She also does not have her house keys because her stepmother keeps moving them. For years, she has put them on a table to grab and go when she leaves. Now they keep getting "relocated" to various non-obvious places in her room, driving her and her dad bonkers in the morning. I feel sorry for the other woman. It is obvious she is trying to keep the house perfect. It won't help. Nothing and no one can please a man who is determined to find fault in everyone and everything. She used to be pretty tidy, but now it is getting ridiculous and counterproductive. DD has taken to putting things in bins so when her things are randomly relocated, at least the items that need to stay together are still together. She has decided to label the bins "to help stepmother decide where to put them and so I can ask her where they are". Stepbrother just spends all waking hours playing computer games which generates only cups and plates by the computer. (My definitely not qualified, totally unprofessional opinion is that it is a good escape from a house where his mother is unhappy and a stepfather who didn't like him while he was married to me and a father who had a child only because his wife insisted).

After I dropped DD off, I got gasoline, washed the car's back window, then did the church webwork. Not enough time to do anything else and laundry is becoming critical. Tonight, I need to go to the craft store (time limit = 20 minutes, I know what I need and where it is), start those LOLs, and work on the Christmas 2018 crochet. It is essential I put the trash out as I forgot last week. If there is time, I need to get a computer backup done.

At payroll, I need to finish the report modifications. Then the boss will show me where to post them. Then, I need to make progress on a similar report.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:44 pm

Schools are closed streets as well stores closed.
I had tummy issues staying home.
Helped h get the last lite update in.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:55 pm

Just updating our weather. Nothing here yet. The temperature has gone down 1 degree and the wind has picked up a tiny bit. No rain or snow or melting.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”