Is it a wet Wednesday where you are?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Is it a wet Wednesday where you are?

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:03 pm

I need to head out in minute but wanted to let you guys know that the meds from 9 a.m. w breakfast kicked in, and I'm pain free right now. :D This just turns on a dime, obviously. Thank you for healing thoughts!

I gave the dog a figure 8 walk through the neighborhood, a little longer than usual since she may not get a walk this afternoon/evening. She sympathizes with Harriet's girls today!

I'm coming back through at home. Unloaded and put away groceries. Need to have a quick lunch. Only pain was when I had my face down for massage - after a few I hurt like crazy. Have never had pain under those circumstances before.

We have thunder again and i just heard the pitter patter of dMuffin's feet coming to check on me. She will not be happy when I go back out to the therapist. Should leave in 35 min. We just had some pretty close lightning and thunder; gave the ddog CBD oil.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:13 pm

I got the patio cleared off and half of the deck, it is melting roads are a sloppy mess in front of our house. Lunch is done.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:39 pm

raining and Icy

took my side of the closet out and got rid of a full black bag of cloths that I no longer wear or didn't like from the first place. 1/3 of a separate black bag of cloths etc. that could not be donated. vacuumed as well. tossed old flip flops that have seen better days.

hi d nancy. great job on learning off deck. hope your tummy issues stop bothering you.

I am so happy the meds kicked in d twins!!! yes it does just turn on a dime. dd younger has the body version of what you have. so happy you are feeling pain free right now and praying for it to stay pain free.

hi d cathy!

hi d elizabeth so happy it is nice and sunny there!

hello all. I am still putting off straightening the upstairs hall way - I know it will only take 10 minutes. maybe I will put a little bit of music on and trick my brain. 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Sitting in the parking lot while DS10 takes band class. The day has proceeded smoothly from one activity & place to another.

The deep cleaning and decluttering of DS10 room continues to make progress. I work on it a couple of minutes between doing other things. The toy box is empty and all those decisions are made **Big Relief ** I think that big toy box will be repurposed to be the archery box. The targets, bow. Case, arrows and accessories should fit in it nicely.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:54 pm

LadyM: the repurposing of the toy box illustrates Konmari theory - visual what you want to achieve from going through the process. In ds10's case, he wants to be an archer and now his space helps support that vision.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:58 pm

(((Twins)))

(((Everyone in horrible weather)))

We have electricity. We think lightning hit the tv antenna and phone line.
We’re headed to College Town today though — just Dh and me for a change.
Dgs probably could have come though — our school started late and dismissed early, and probably will be the same tomorrow, if we have school at all.
No flooding problems around our house; we’re on a little bit of a hill. Lots of problems in our county though. County border is a major river, and the towns along the river, and in other low-lying areas, get a LOT of flooding in times like this.

It was strange last night to have temps in the 30s and thunderstorms.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:03 pm

I booked two free rehearsal performances today (a play and a concert) and then my 'handler' from the arts centre called to make sure I got my package with the list of performances. With my donor level I get 5 sets of 2 tickets to attend open rehearsals of the orchestra or dress rehearsals of the theatre. I always have trouble choosing things. This year there's Cirque on Broadway which would be an easy choice but that's the week I'm at the cottage. I may choose a ballet if I can find someone to go with me. In the meantime, she said that for orchestra rehearsals I can have up to six tickets so to think of it as 10 tickets, not 5 performances. That helps a lot especially in the fall when dd may be able to leave dgdJ0 behind a bit.

Dh and I walked over to the bagel shop since weather will be getting bad again. The walk there was not easy so we took the main road back. A slightly longer walk but bare pavement almost the whole way. We picked up a few groceries on the way home as well.

We've decided to stay home tonight instead of going out for dinner. I'll make something. It was to be ribs on my mealplan but I think we had them less than a week ago. I'll check with dh though. Tomorrow night we'll go to a nice steak restaurant.

I've done nothing else all day. The apartment is currently all cleaned up but instead of picking a project and working on it, I'm staring at my computer screen. Not good.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Home from therapy appt, lots to think on. Eating a snack, some berries and greek yogurt, and no pain from the cold food. That is a plus. I'm staying with the schedule of taking 200 mg 8 hours after the a.m. dose, to get me through the evening and help hold the pain overnight. (I take another 200 mg at bedtime.)

I am going to make the chicken parm tonight with black bean pasta. Pounded thin, I think the chicken breasts will be tender and easy to eat.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:01 pm

Some success in getting some paperwork emailed to me. Also I just decided to transcribe for myself a different piece of paperwork, typing it in. I simply photographed it, and emailed the photo. (we have scanning, but it's on the fritz and HRH needed to be rescued from that upset at that moment.) So 2 checkmarks.

We had a very nice visit with the fellow who came. House was okay, I guess.

the days seem so short when the sun is so blocked out. It seems as though it's night already and the day has gotten away from me.

black bean pasta - My, they are making pasta from so many things these days.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm

Absolutely no bad weather here yet. It was overcast for most of the day. Dh said he saw rain and drove in it but it wasn't much. It feels like it's still below 0.

Went through the drawers in the bathroom and tossed out the top of my spinning toothbrush and replaced it with a new top. I also tossed some out of date stuff.

I need to buy some new white underwear.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”