Is it a wet Wednesday where you are?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Is it a wet Wednesday where you are?

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:13 pm

I had a nap this afternoon.
The snow has stopped, snow plows have been by roads are clear.
Feeling better.

Nope came unglued bc ... never mind.... dog was bugging me then h couldn't find has premade sandwich sigh ... gr-r .... I might have cabin fever.... the dog would not leave me alone so I finally went out and played in the snow with her that helped! :mrgreen: got 6.5 in. And still snowing.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:11 pm

We have a weather advisory for up to 4" of snow/ice pellets. Slight risk of freezing rain in the morning. That's nothing the car can't handle.

Dh will take an uber to his afternoon meeting and a bus home. I transferred my balance onto my transit card and he'll use it tomorrow because it has to be used within 30 days or the balance comes back off the card. Yeah, like that is useful. I have the activity complete email and it says nothing about having to use it within 30 days. But my balance was only $61 not $71 (my previous balance plus the $10 I had to put on the new card to activate it.) Then I clicked elsewhere and it showed I only had a $10 balance and I would get the bigger balance when I tapped within the next 30 days. Presto (the company that runs the card service) is completely incompetent. It is bad enough to have the 30 day rule, but to not mention it but give me a printed receipt that says I'm all done is inexcusable.

I did some work on the charitable contributions for taxes and made to contributions for this year. Our charitable contributions are complicated since we give a percentage of the previous year's income. So I won't know my donation goal until my taxes are done but I've already started making donations. Last year we overshot by $2K but our income was lower in 2017 than 2018 so this year I should have more to give without going over. Dh wanted to give more to the TEMBO so I did that tonight plus a donation in John's memory.

That was also a zone task so aside from pulling out my zone work chart, I've actually done one of the tasks!

I've cleaned up our dinner dishes. We watched American Meme with dinner. Not sure I recommend it. Certainly it is an R rated documentary. But it is also thought provoking. It came across my radar because it is 'homework' for a podcast I listen to.

I'm off to bed soon. But I'll have everything ready to get out the door before I go to bed.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:38 pm

I'm still working on the Declutter 365 challenge as well as Konmari, my zone cards (for the first time in over a year!) and setting up the new filing system. I'm a bit off track on the Declutter 365 because a lot of it was already done (like set up a home recycle centre.) But I've gathered up the batteries and lightbulbs and sourced where to take those for recycling. We usually wait and do them once a year at a hazardous waste depot but we missed it last year so things are piling up.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Ended the day by clearing another 50 emails out of my in-box. It is down to 250 now. I may have finally figured out a way of controlling it (I started with 1100 at the beginning of January.)

I owe a SHEM:

Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.... Albert Einstein

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:16 pm

Still at the ballgame... my stomach has been a little “off” since last night. Game is almost over and we’re winning by 24 pts.

I’m off my routine totally. As if I never even heard of a routine! 365? Cards? Nothing. I blame it on so much Nana duty recently.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:17 am

Got a curtian secured I had been putting that off.Yea for a bit of success.

Return to “Post When You Can”