Thursday PYWC - Seize the Day & Make it Yours

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Thursday PYWC - Seize the Day & Make it Yours

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:11 pm

family room is looking much better. my desk is clean as well.
next look under couch and get rid of anything that is there.
take the washed drawers from fridge out of dw. swipe the rest of the fridge. and put things back.
I might put the sailing stuff in the closet or I may work on the bottom of the linen closet.

I still have to finish my morning routine.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:54 pm

I have a bit of fun news I learned on U tube trivia the actors that play Albert H Victoria in real life are dating. Side track alert! LOL!

Made h. Sandwich so he won't mess up post p m routine kitchen. Food issues have been around this week. :roll:
A M meds done
Resting taking care of me today, need to take vits.
H is working & he shoveled the drive way again.
Bed is made.
I have soothing music on to destress me.
It is my plan & play day playing with my wider nib fountian pen while journaling it is done now.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Thankfully, I waited a while and in the meantime another errand popped up, so i can add this to my reasons to go out, and the trip will seem more sensible. This errand's easy-peasy to park, too. So, mail, tax lady, co-op, pharm 1 and bbl.

Dd is leaving at the same time for school. I hate we're both leaving when she has an important phone call coming in. Oh, well. Doing the best we can. Her Dad won't answer it, I know. He made a beautiful lunch, but suddenly his own appetite was gone. Also the sudden cramps are really shocking us, out of the blue. There is just no predicting what will be next in his days. He did call the nurse today and she says his blood work numbers were better.

Tip - Btw, his doctor says when using mustard for cramps, make sure it gets to the back of the tongue. It may not work well to just put it on the front of the tongue and wait for change, because that's not the area that's going to react to it. I think I've found the research he's read, which seems to suggest rear of tongue and esophagus are areas that can make a difference.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:31 pm

Harriet, I will tell DH about the back of the tongue thing; he has been trying the mustard for cramps. He thinks it works a bit but I'll bet it's just the getting out of bed and walking around that helps.

The rain and snow y'all are getting is really something. We had an angry-looking storm in the sky earlier this morning, but a bit later that was all disappeared. Must have gone East.

DH was at the dentist today for x-rays and exam. His high pain tolerance does not really serve him well. If he can ignore a problem, he does. But then the problem just gets worse..and more expensive to fix. So he got the bad news. Later they called and he and I went down there to look at the paperwork. Talked it over. Went to another dental place to talk to them. He now has a sore mouth and has to wait a month for the next appointment with other place.

I guess you could call all that, with decisions made, seizing the day.

We have so much going on that I took my wall calendar down to the 2nd office so we could make appointments. I need to get my little pocket calendar/organizer filled in. I actually have a calendar thing on my little cell phone, but I've never figured out how to use it. Never had the need till now.

We laughed about today's events. What to do when we retire: go to funerals and dr. and dentist appointments. :lol:

I helped him up on high ladder, he was lubricating the shop door wheels (otherwise they wear out) and that was quite the chore. Made me think about how hard this maintenance is getting and what we should be doing.

I'm working in my bedroom today, decluttering my closet and shelves. Folding laundry, changing beds. My fabric came today and that project is on my list too.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:29 pm

I have made very little progress...
— went to post office w dh, paid IRS
— reconciled checkbook/statement

All this is sorta depressing ;) so now I’m just listening to the rain. Need to s2s but dh is asleep in the bedroom — he has a horrible cough and congestion. No phone/internet till tomorrow afternoon at least... tv antenna man can’t do anything till the rain stops, I assume...
(We still have satellite tv — this is just analog antenna for back-up.)

Dgrands will be over later while ds and ddil celebrate a late Valentine's Day, plus her making a B on test she was “certain” she would fail! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:30 pm

I spent the time upstairs piddling with stamps and stuff. I finished up some cards that I had had started, cleaned up the desk some, and refiled card stock.

It's raining again.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Harriet...I usually eat at least a tablespoon of yellow mustard to get it to work on leg cramps. When I do Spartan runs I carry mustard packs you get a fast food places and eat two at a time. I also found That 100Omgs of magnesium helps if I take it daily. I get terrified cramps in my legs, feet and ankles and both help.

It’s still raining and ever cold and windy for the desert. 40 some degrees will be our high for the day. My fiend is expect two feet of snow in the high country. The annual snow fall where she is is usually 8-10” so she’s getting snowed in. Good news is the snow is very dry and easy to shovel.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi everyone! Yesterday did NOT go as planned! Thirty minutes before leaving payroll, a migraine struck. Fortunately, not my day to drive. Got what I needed at the craft store and realized the migraine might be food related, so I had to eat out (not sufficient quantities at home). That was right next to the phone place, where I found that for only $5 per month more and a new, $50 phone, I could have unlimited internet.

At home, I did manage to get laundry washed and dried so I could have socks and underwear, but except for what I pulled out for today, it is still in the dryer. Thank goodness I remembered to get the trash out! Three weeks is too long! Didn't get much else done, felt lousy. Doing just fine today.

DD17 will be here this evening. Not sure what she will want to do. We need to get her room in better shape and assemble her new desk chair.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:38 pm

There wasn't enough time to make lasagna when I got home from the mall. We are having rotini with meat sauce. Meat sauce has most of a red pepper in it. The rest of the red pepper is in the fridge waiting to go into a possible omelette on Saturday morning. Maybe. It's up to dh.

It's actually sunny out and a lot of snow has melted.

I got one swimsuit top. Thankfully I already have a black bottom half that does fit me, so I now have a full swimsuit. I also found white underwear. I don't need any other clothes. I went through some clothes before I left and when I got home my grey and white cat was curled up on top of the black dress pants. LOL! The rest of the queen size bed was available.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:04 pm

What I got out of the posted chat since I left :

Got what I needed at the craft store ...

My fabric came today ...

time upstairs piddling with stamps and stuff. I finished up some cards ...

:D

No, really, I'm very sorry lucylee's dh is feeling so unwell, surprised to hear Ramblin' has such cold weather, and happy Cathy found a way to have a new suit just by buying a top.

BTDT finding a cat on opposite-color nice textile. Or very nice paper! Dd20 couldn't understand why I placed "paperweights" of various office supplies on her vellum-paper project overnight last night. It wasn't because I thought it would blow away! It was because Tobias will think it's a paper bed made just for him, unless it's kept from being comfortable.

My errands all took longer than expected but they're finished so that's a success. Bridge improvements here over the last few years have really come in handy during this weather system.

Return to “Post When You Can”