Thursday PYWC - Seize the Day & Make it Yours

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thursday PYWC - Seize the Day & Make it Yours

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:42 am

Seize the day and make it your own!

No inspiration this a.m., although I'm feeling pretty well so far. I kind of need this here in the morning to help me focus on the day and where I'm heading, so I like to have it up!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Re: Thursday PYWC - Seize the Day & Make it Yours

Postby Harriet » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:58 am

lol, Twins', the way you said that, I feel like telling you that it looks very neatly done and you did a good job! Nancy got the curtain up and you got the PYWC up.

Now here's my problem - I can't seize such a wet day very well! It keeps slipping! lol. Last evening we got the amazing thunder and lightning that I believe you and lucylee mentioned. Wow. Couldn't have slept through that. What a show. What a deluge onto a bog, and still raining.

But I must go out into this today. I've done all I can do by email and really have to get to mail and pharm 1 at the least. Bleeeak. Must think of this as watersports! :idea: Waving to BookSaver this morning. Yes, I am glad it is not a skating event, BookSaver!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:09 am

Another gray day here, and low chance of rain until the evening when it starts up again.

Last night the chicken parm and black bean pasta turned out good. Harriet, the black bean pasta has a kind of different taste, but not unpleasant. Dh, in his inimitable way got a huge package of it at Costco - we're barely half way through it - so I'm inclined to use it! The chicken parm was pounded, then breaded with a coat of chickpea flour, then egg, then chickpea crumbs. He says he can taste the chickpea taste as "different" and he's not a huge fan, but I think he'll get used to it. Next time I'll add garlic powder, some italian herbs and more parm to the chickpea crumbs too.

I think I was mostly pain free overnight. I remember flinching a time or two but apparently I slept on, thanks to a benydryl.

I need to see dmom today, maybe go to Michaels, and do a few other things. I'm not very ambitious but that's okay.

I can't seize such a wet day very well!
I'd have to agree! Plus I think the constant rain and clouds exacerbate the feeling of depression. A glorious beautiful day would be so good for me right now!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:15 am

I am up more snow a couple more inches over nite still snowing. We are fighting colds. Need a new attitude thinking of Tina Turner song. I will be doing snow removal after it gets lite out. I did get eggs boiled yesterday for sandwiches. H is unhappy about his diet restrictions and snow days. I started a writing project in a planner I have repurposed using woes for creative writng project. Coffee is on. Waving to all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:36 am

Some discussion yesterday with therapist about the need for creativity in my life right now - I'm suddenly attracted to stamping again and my love for genealogy is almost nil right now. When I worked I felt like stamping was the "antidote" to the mental CPA work. What's my need right now?

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:02 am

sometimes we need breaks from what we love - when it becomes all encompassing it becomes work instead of joy. pretty normal. good for you going towards creativity and you time d twins.

get better d nancy with the cold

hi d harriet! stay safe in the rain deluge!!! spring is coming!!!

hello everyone - i have been crazy busy and I miss working with you all full time. wishing you all an awesome day!!!
picking up dd younger at airport at 1ish. feeling grateful for this time.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:18 am

Hi!

Just heading out the door to go swim suit shopping. UGH! I tried on my only swimsuit this morning and it was horrid. Someone else bought it for me last year and I have never worn it before. Thank goodness I tried it on!

I have gone through my vacation-type clothes and I think I will be donating a large bag full of stuff within the next week.

It is melting but icy here. Went to take the garbage out at 7 a.m. and had to put the stuff on my car and drive it down the driveway. Even with snow tires, I had very little control on the icy parts. Good news is the roads are clear.

Supper tonight will be lasagna. I just need to remember to buy some ricotta cheese. Meat is thawing in the sink.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:20 am

Morning...

Twins I know how you feel with the genealogy. I go on spurts at times. Haven’t had the urge or desire to touch mine for a month. That’s because I spent much of December down the rabbit hole.

It’s a rainy day in the desert and it suppose to continue on till tomorrow night. I love these day because we seldom get them here. But then again I love rainy days no matter where I live, and living in Mobile we had plenty.

I’m trying a new experiment with my stomach. My expensive med seem to quite working around noon. I am wondering if my artificial sugar is contributing to it. So this morning I used a tsp of real sugar on my rice cereal and none in my coffee.

I was up and dressed and made my bed before I stepped out of my bedroom this morning. New habit. Sweetie is up first andnin the shower before I get up. My closet is on the other side of the bathroom and I hate to walk through because the bathroom cause Sweetie turns it in a steam room. Now at night I take my clothes and bring them in our bedroom. That way I can get dressed as soon as I wake up. On days I shower I take my clothes to the guest bathroom which I use as mine and I have my clothes all ready to go.

Off to get my second cup of coffee... my footprints were picked up last night and my kitchen is clean. House is in good shape and laundry is done. I have no intention of leaving the house today so it sounds like it might be a good afternoon to watch a movie.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Just signed up for a 5 hr seminar at a center for mindfulness on a Saturday. It's actually part two, so I emailed about the prerequisites and one is a 2 hr seminar this afternoon at a D.O.'s office about a neuroscience intro class. So I texted dh to let him know and signed up for the seminar this afternoon. :? He is one of the teachers for the March 2 seminar.

I think I'm going to just let things go today. I feel really bad about not seeing my dmom but I just don't want to leave the house at all. I need a trip to Michaels and to the post office also. Tomorrow is another day after all.

Dog is walked, but I need to make up my bed and fold a lol and reboot.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:08 pm

d cathy, glad you tried on the bathing suit before using it. lol I lost the bottoms to my bathing suit. found out yesterday lol.
stay safe on the ice

d rose good day to you too
enjoy the rain! good for you on pulling your cloths the night before. i should do that!
yay on your home

I love that! I wish they had a mindfulness class here as well d twins
dd younger did that at the month long therapy along with bio feedback. She really said it helps her a lot.
today you need a day for you!!! this way you can be there for others because you got yourself back!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”