March Forward Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

March Forward Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:44 am

I can't believe it's 1 March. Instead of a Friday conga, let's March into the new month, full speed ahead!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: March Forward Friday

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:01 am

I woke up on my own this morning with a super stuffy nose and needed to use the bathroom, so got up. Dh hadn't been gone long and the coffee was still hot. :lol: The pattern the last couple of mornings has been that the pain goes away with a cup of coffee - probably the heat? or just getting the mouth moving again in the a.m.? Muffin was outside on the back porch and started barking, then when she came in she went to the front door, so I looked out and M was walking R uby. So she stopped and took Muffin along too. (Need a heart icon here) She had been up since 4:45 so was walking early - she has insomnia.

My only plans for the day are to relax. Dcleaning lady will be here to do her magic, so I need to get ready for her. I think dh is going to services and dinner at the temple tonight. I told him I'm not going. He keeps making plans this spring, in addition to this week, and I keep cautioning him that if I feel bad I'm not doing whatever it is. And I do not want to eat with friends at temple right now.

I need to get on with my clean up for dcleaning lady.

When I set up the new phone I somehow allowed alerts from the Weather Channel and it seems to alert for every little rain shower. I need to turn that off!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:54 am

Hi!

I've been up since 4:30! I swear that I could smell marijuana in my bed somewhere! There is the possibility that the wind was blowing the wrong way. We have a legal greenhouse between us and the highway.

We are going out for supper tonight. There is a Thai place that dh likes to go and there is also a Submarine (Hogey? Same sandwich, different name) place right next to it and I will grab a sub for myself. It's a fast food place, so I don't know if we will eat there or bring it home.

I bought 5 new suit jacket protectors yesterday. I had the long ones for dresses before and they were too long for anything I had in them. I can get up to 5 things in each one. All of my funeral wardrobe and "nice" clothes are in them. I am donating the long ones.

I need to keep moving if I want to get anything done here today. I am sick of the mess on the island. You can open any cupboard, closet or drawer in my house and they are almost obsessively neat, but the flat surfaces are horrid. The kitchen is the worst room in the entire house.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:13 am

Good Morning Twins. ((((Gentle Hug)))

We would be traveling today & this weekend if I hadn't messed my BSugar up so bad last Saturday. I canceled our travel plans with DSon and family. I might be able to do it but it would have pushed me physically to the edge and I felt that I shouldn't do it. I am kinda sad about the weekend but I can only do what I can do. It isn't a good travel weekend (icy) so maybe it is for the best.

DS10 is so grateful for his decluttered and cleaned room. He thanks me for it every day. It reminds me of how important it is to keep things in order. It promotes calmness and peaceful feelings.

We have 3 days of ucky weather ahead. Most of it will be below freezing with moisture falling. That means the kids are stuck inside most of the time. They can play a little outside but it is limited. Digital distraction will be used. When the weather is good outside I limit their screen time. When the weather is bad then I take the screen time restrictions off.

Today's plans -
** Homeschool Day #132
** Go visit with DMom and try to calm the drama between her and DD.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:19 am

I woke up on my own at five again today time change it a week from Sunday for us.
What is worse than snow? Cold weather b-r-r!
I need to pay attn. To home blessing hour.
One of the sheets needs mended.

I Love today's theme!
I have boiled eggs to devil for dson. I am bummed that I have de cluttered extra deviled egg plates would have been handy
for these, now I am going to have to get creative and come up with an alternative carrying container option for these.
Journaling is done.
I have a plan for dinner chicken hubby got yesterday when he was at the store.
I have been working on the living room zone at bit this morning.
Had my quiet time.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:45 am

I love the theme for today, Twins!

When I was a child, Ken "The General" Grant would march the children off to school every day, just before the 8:30 news. It is an indication of the times, that across the city that would be the right time to send the children off to school. (As well, that we all walked to school!) He'd call out to us to make sure we were ready and had our stuff, then would shout "Forward, Ho!" and marching music would begin. Recently a local reporter did a story on Ken Grant and included a clip of him calling "forward, ho" and it brought tears to my eyes.

I'm up and going, but slowly.

In no particular order: I've s2s, refilled my shampoo bottle 1, put out shampoo and conditioner 2 (I switch between two brands because I read somewhere that keeps your hair responding better to the shampoos.) I've had breakfast, opened mail, refilled the radiator humidifiers, unloaded the dishwasher, done light therapy, updated my bullet journal and started a load of laundry. There will be two loads of laundry today.

Now to unhook my computer from my desk and take it to the office to do some scanning.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 am

Morning...

I was up battling a migraine for the greater part of the night. Finally moved to my guest room and put a n my ice hat around 4. Got up just in time to get my coffee and turn on Perry.

The ice hat really helped and my migraine is gone.

Today I will plant my sunflower seeds. I was so tired from moving over 200 qts of dirt and filling and moving my huge pots that I was falling asleep by 7. I worked outside for abt 4 hours. I was slathered with sunscreen and my face was white from the zink. I ended up working in shorts and a loose 3/4 sleeve t-shirt.

For dinner, I decided to buy a couple of homemade chicken pot pies from a shop up the up the road. My hair was a mess so I put on a black ball cap, washed my face and threw on some jeans and a long sleeve black t-shirt and my black ballet shoes to hide my dirty toes as I planned to take a shower while the pies baked.

While I was waiting to purchase my pies, a well dressed woman waiting to buy hers look d at me and said... I love the way you look so put together. That made me laugh knowing how dirty I really was. I thanked her for her compliment and came homes, took a shower and watched the dirt going down the drain!

Off to plant my seeds. Some of them are very tiny. This year I will be planting 7 different types of sunflowers...4 which are new to me. It should be an interesting year for me.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:54 pm

thank you d twins for reminding to MARCH FOWARD! I needed that - I got stuck on the computer bc I wasn't feeling great.
I binged the last 2 days. it is what it is. I always wonder why I fall - but keeping moving forward - right?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:57 pm

sweet twins. xo xo

oh my - its already 11 am almost.

hi d rose
hi d kathryn
hi d nancy
hi d lady
hi d cathy

hi d everyone.
today is supposed to be my home blessing. I had to move things around this week.
I think i will start from the top of the house down.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:04 pm

grabbing timer because I am scattered.

Return to “Post When You Can”