March Forward Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: March Forward Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:00 pm

Lunch time! We're debating going to a movie this afternoon. Since Sunday has opened up for dh (a webinar he was presenting on Monday was cancelled so he doesn't need to write it on Sunday) we could go then. That means he'll go to a different movie today and I'll go with him on Sunday.

I've scanned one credit card and started to sort the items to be scanned for the business tax returns. It is a lot of scanning even if I don't scan every chit.

I can't find the tax returns I've already scanned so spent time looking for those. That lead me to backing up a large file off my computer (the backup of my previous computer) and cleaning up my hard drive a little bit. That finishes the backup I made a few days ago.

And I've moved the first giant box of shredding off the sorting table and started another giant box. There's a lot to be done in the next week, I can't forget I have 8 days until the shred-it day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm well into the third day of feeling pain free or close to it, at last in day time hours. Dcleaning lady did her thing and after she left I napped. Lunch of leftover meatloaf and a banana, and I took a 10 serving mac and cheese out of the freezer to cook for myself. I forgot to make it at Rosh Hashana, so I'm giving it freedom from the freezer.

Will stamp a while.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:32 pm

Yes I'm marching forward. First thing I sorted out a stack of papers, read one stack of 17 pages for my upcoming surgery (boy they sure cover all their bases). And dealt with the rest, updating the wall calendar - 4 med. apts. and 3 church meetings. We sure have a busy month.

Between this and all the work I did on one excel file, it took all morning. Couldn't believe half the day was gone when I finished. But it feels great to be on top of the upcoming month.

I've begun cleaning out my purse after most every trip out and since I've started doing that I've lost 1 deposit slip and 1 receipt. I don't know how that happens, especially since I'm being so careful. I guess maybe I'm just at the limit of my ability to keep track of all this stuff going on.

Beautiful day here. I need to cook today. Can't keep putting it off. :roll:

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:23 pm

Glad you seem to be doing better, Twins.

What is an "ice hat", RR?

I too have a lot of scanning to do, Kathryn, but have decided to wait on that until after dh heads north in a little over 3 weeks. Figure I'll have lots of 'me' time after that -especially since I won't have a car. I'll also do any filing and shredding I need to do then. I'll have over 2 months to myself.

Financier/friend of DS-A's had asked dh last week if he'd like to go to a Tampa Bay Lightning game with him tomorrow night. BUT, this guy called today & he's staying in St. Pete and was at a ball game today. This would mean dh driving after dark -and to/from Tampa. That obviously is not going to happen. He drives very little after dark -not so bad up home the few times he has to do it as it's all country. So he's not going. Besides we have tickets to go to a Solar Bears Game in Orlando tomorrow night with dd. (Orlando is the 'farm' team for the Lightning now). This guy would have bought dh's ticket -one that I'm sure that was really low AND high priced. Money's no object for him.

DD is meeting dsonil in a little bit up toward where her school is. They're going to "M annys" for dinner after they meet at the bank to get his name on some accounts. Dh wants to go to S teak & S hake for their 4/4 buy. So he's going to go buy it and we'll split it. Wasn't really wanting to go out as I seem to all of a sudden put pounds on this week. :roll: Back on the wagon for me!

Spent quite a bit of time putting up meds for dh. I bought 3 new smaller containers to match the one I bought for him a few weeks ago. So I filled 4 (weeks) of the smaller ones which he seems to really like and 3 of the bigger containers. Have four individual med holders I'll put up for his trip home and will finish filling any that are emptied just before he heads home. That way he should only have to fill about one week's worth & I'll redo them when I get home the end of May. Need to figure out what we have in meds before then so I can order any for me before I switch the address.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:42 pm

hello again.
still in home blessing and putting away.
I asked dh about some things upstairs under the bed - he had it filled with newspaper, shoes (lots of his shoes), and a bunch of other things. He really didn't like it (I could tell) but he went through it anyway and ended up putting things (that he didn't toss) in his side of the closet. all but the emergency rope is now under the bed. He also worked with me on his drawers which were stuffed. He does not declutter and today (begrudgingly he did). Now he is happy which makes me happy.

donated some other things of mine. dh went to donation place again.
still need to finish vacuuming and dusting one bedroom.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:43 pm

hi d kathryn
hi d dee
hi d harmony
hi d twins .. what a blessing

hi d everyone

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Dee... an ice hat is a wearable ice pack for migraines. It’s sort of like a very wide head band with compartments that freeze when you put it in the freezer. I rap the wide band around my head and the two ends fasten with th Velcro. Works wonders for migraines

You can find it at Amazon and called a Headache Hat, but I can’t get the link to copy from my phone.

I love steak and shake btw.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:28 pm

I have a ice hat for migraines for dd younger. it runs small for my head though but it is a blessing. it doesn't make the migraine go away but it helps - i found it un cancer help items

hi d rose.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:30 pm

my upstairs is done for decluttering and home blessing - dh did very well.

What I have to now:
seeing the middle floor I am stopping in my tracks. I need to break it down to morning routine in kitchen and then my home blessing. I am looking at it in large terms instead small pieces.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:20 pm

I have gotten the sheets in the dryer.
I did some drawing, put a new cartrige in my fountian pen.
Made up a batch of homemade chicken nuggets they are in the oven now.
Got some down time to regroup today I think it is helping.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”