March Thoughts

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

March Thoughts

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:11 am

I'm in a thinking mood today. Thinking ahead to spring, even summer. And just this next week.

What are your thoughts today? Optimistic? Planning? Family Thoughts? "Get it done" thoughts? "I'm a slug" thoughts?

So many thoughts to sort out!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: March Thoughts

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:17 am

Good morning to you sweet d twins!!!
and to all.

Thinking makes me remember one of my favourite characters: Winnie the Pooh. think think think.

Actually this morning my thoughts are cluttered and ping pong-y
so i am going to break down my week on paper so I am not all over the place.
My brain is everywhere and nowhere ;) 8-)

so to help me I thought I would use my old preschool webbing planning.
have a wonderful day all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:46 am

Good morning!

I had a great sleep until 3 and then couldn't get back to sleep until almost 6. Busy day today so I'm thinking energetic thoughts.

Dd wants us to visit so we'll drive downtown and take the car out to see her between concerts. Although I just pulled the tickets and first concert is at 2:30, not 2 as I remembered. Sigh... It will be a quick visit.

The first concert will be Freestyling like Mozart.

Did you know that musical geniuses like Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven freestyled on the keyboard in improv competitions against other composers, fueled by suggestions from the audience? Join us for an exciting and interactive concert experience that puts together comedy theatre Second City and the NAC Orchestra to demo musical improv and hear some of the classical masterpieces that came out of it!

The second is a symphonic Beatles Concert

The Beatles come to life in REVOLUTION, the new authorized symphonic tribute to the Fab Four, featuring top vocalists and musicians accompanied by Grammy-winner Jeff Tyzik's arrangements, transcribed and arranged from the original master recordings at Abbey Road. Accompanied by hundreds of rare and unseen photos from the historic archives in London of The Beatles' official fan magazine (The Beatles Book Monthly), along with stunning video and animation, REVOLUTION takes audiences on a magical musical visual journey of The Beatles

When I was booking our concerts this year, I couldn't decide between the two so eventually decided we'd do both!

That was before the concussion, so I have to be careful not do over do it. I'm in the front row for Mozart (I wanted to be able to clearly see the piano keyboard.) I'm in the front row of the first balcony for the second concert so we can see the visual content.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:49 am

Hi.

It felt like I got a lot done yesterday! At least, I think I did. I do know that I did a lot of driving. I went and dropped stuff off at a thrift store. I went grocery shopping. I had lunch at home with dh. I went to my favourite half-price book store in Niagara Falls and then I went to a discount book store. The discount book store is actually a clearance store for Chapters/Indigo/Coles. A friend of mine works at the big Chapters and told me that is where they send the hardcovers when there is only one or two left in the store. After that, I went to Chapters seeing as I was kind of driving right past the front door.

Got home, went out for supper. Got out of the truck where the Thai place is and realized there was a fish and chip place a few doors down, so we went there instead. Dh also got his hair cut, with a mustache, goatee and eyebrow trim.

It's snowing here again. The temperature is supposed to drop and stay down for most of the week. UGH.

Tonight we are having ? I don't know.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:55 am

Lucylee: don't worry, I know we all use the SHE boards as a form of diary! My current plan is to backup the existing boards, create a second locked board with the current content, and then update the active SHE board to the latest version of phpBB and then delete all but one year of the PWYC. That way, if you need to search farther back, you can just sign into the second board and go look.

I'm not sure if I'll cull membership at the same time of people who have joined but not posted (therefore they aren't members and can't see Members-only posts.) There are about 50 of those accounts. Since the boards are public (except Members-only), there's no need to have an account if you aren't posting. And one doesn't become a member until they have posted enough that we have a sense of if they'll be a good fit with the Village.

I think the boards will have to be down for 24 or 48 hours while I do this. So this won't be happening in the near future because I'll have to book dh for that time so he can keep me from freaking out while I do these things (and advise on anything technical, like using FTP and other stuff that I don't understand.)

There's a backup function in phpBB but last time we were too big to use it. Which seems kind of strange since we use hardly any of our webhosting space.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:01 pm

I woke up thinking of a dream I had. I slept well woke up before 6 . Had great # 's this morning yea. I have been doing some planning for march did some journaling as well as bullet journaling. No new snow glad for that. Thinking if some one had a big oroject a 100 day or 3 mo. Challenge would be excellent trying to do something each day to make forward progress on it. However I have learned I get burn out if I do not get breaks so 5 or 6 days at a stretch is what works best for me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:37 pm

my thoughts are cluttered and ping pong-y

This, bw2.

I'm feeling pretty well in terms of pain but my thoughts moving forward are all over the place.

I'm seeing an endodontist on Monday but will he get an accurate look at what's happening if I'm not symptomatic? And Doc sent a message that she is away this Wed through Sunday so can either see me on Tuesday a.m. early or after March 10. I chose to go in on Tuesday a.m. because I have so many questions that aren't being answered. OTOH, if I'm in "remission" maybe I should wait?

And because the body work on my face, neck, shoulders and jaw seemed to help me on Wed. I'm thinking that teeth grinding is at least contributory. I'd like to consider something - meditation, hypnosis, something? that could help teeth grinding. I wear a night guard, and I've had at least three different night guards since this started, but they don't address the underlying issue that I'm grinding in the first place.

More questions.

I've lost almost two months out of my life considering that I was away so much in January and then Feb has been so painful. I'm not sure how to restart. My energy, my "want to do it" isn't there. I haven't cared much about genealogy and have lost the push that being in SLC and learning new things gave me. How do I get over being depressed?

Anyway, any comments or ideas would be welcome. I told dh last night that I don't want to go out among people, don't want to eat in front of people in case it hurts and I cry out or make faces or week, and that I don't want to talk too many people because I don't want the pain back, and I don't want to eat anything hard or chewy. Is this the depression talking?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:07 pm

hello!!!

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:14 pm

Hello Ladies
My thoughts today are, how many times will I have to Clorx the house to rid it of this stomach bug, I was starting to feel better and got hit again along with Dh, we are laying low today, will keep meals bland and small,have the sheets in washer, and I hope to do some clorx'ing done.
We are under a winter storm advisory for possibly 3-5 inches of snow starting late tonite. Tomorrow Dd has plans for Dgrandkid#2 11th B-day party/dinner,have already told her we will be a no-show as we don't want to get the whole family down with this bug, now with the snow she may have to cancel anyway.
That what has been happening here, hope you all are feeling good, and have a relaxing Saturday.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:59 pm

hoping you feel better in the Donna household

I got frustrated with dh and his fear of being with out funds even when he has it in the bank and is doing well. Shouldn't have, he doesn't get it. He is such a lovely man and I wish I would not let this part of him bother me as it does.

oh well time for paperwork or morning routine.

Return to “Post When You Can”