Sunday in Our Sights

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday in Our Sights

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:29 am

What's in your sights today?

Maybe you are reassessing and planning today, seeing more clearly how the coming week can be a good one.

Toward what are you aiming?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunday in Our Sights

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:58 am

What's in my sights? Not as much as there could be if I remembered my distance glasses!

Thankfully, on a bright day I can see well enough to drive so made it to church just fine.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:39 am

Hi everyone!!

No dirty dishes in sight! Dh just finished washing all the pots and pans that got dirtied yesterday! Plus a couple of leftover ones that were soaking... :oops:

I have the linen load in the washing machine. There is a full dishwasher waiting until later this afternoon to do it's part. Because the hallway to the door had so many little pieces of gravel and the kitty litter that we use instead of salt that had gotten tracked inside, I ran the Roomba for a while.

There are a few things on the island that need clearing up. I hope to be able to accomplish getting that stuff finally put away either today or tomorrow.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:14 pm

I woke up thinking I could make pillow cases of ripped sheet that is going on my projects list in my sights. I was going
to buy some pillow cases but this will work.
S2s x
Journal x
Planning. X
Breakfast x
30 min. On stat. Bike X
Lunch is over dishes are done.
27* today's hi temp.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:31 pm

oh my gosh this came at the perfect time dearest harriet!!!

my brain has so many thoughts but no focus right now 8-)
today is supposed to be my planning day. I really need to set my sights on what I really want to do this week - I know! but I am not taking it out of my brain and putting it on paper.

hi d harriet
hi d nancy
hi d cathy
hi d kathryn
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Skippable, of course.....Comments on Saturday's helpful thoughts from my much esteemed friends here....Thank you all for your thoughts...

LadyM said:
Twins - Are you still using SAD light? Getting 30 minutes of exercise a day? When I'm in pain I tend to freeze and not want to move. Not moving leads me to depression. It is a hard cycle for me to break out of.

I haven't been using the SAD light because by this time of the year I usually don't need it. On the other hand, it's been raining or cloudy all the time lately, so it might help. And I need to restart the walking 8K steps daily. It is a cycle that I need to break. Walking would give me more energy, but I need energy to do it right now.

Kathryn said (edited):
Twins, it is not the depression talking. You need complete rest for your jaw. As for regaining energy, it came back for me although it is still a daily effort to maintain it.

I'm not feeling the energy yet at all. I just want to stay in and be a slug. And I'm continuing to eat soft foods, trying to focus on using the right (non painful) side, even though the left side feels pretty good.

Harriet and bw2 spoke to the depression. The chronic pain causes depression in that the pain is so unrelenting and unpredictable. I am in a couple of TN support groups and it happens frequently. And frankly, I just feel depressed right now. bw2, I will look at the McGill pain scale. Harriet, I have been stamping a lot; the creativity is useful but I've stamped so much it's wearing off?

I'm almost bored. Is that a prelude to energy?

I am seeing the therapist that I've seen off and on for several years. I'll see her on Wed this week. I'm writing down some of my thoughts to share with her for her input.
----------------------------------------------------

I may be in "remission." Little pain, some twinges along the way, mostly good days. That's why I'm able to look forward right now.

Dh is put out with me this morning. I'm afraid to do things because the of the pain. He didn't understand that generally, the pain comes back in the evening.

Dh and I went out to eat yesterday at the place he was itching to go to. New restaurant, just opened, although he has been to others of the chain in other places. I had fish and chips and a bowl of chili. The chili was obviously soft and the fish was flakey and soft. The french fries were thin and easy to eat as well, so I guess it was a success. I have a piece of fish and some "chips" leftover for lunch today if I want.

I'm making mushroom/barley soup later and dkids and dfriend M are coming for supper with us. M's dh is out of town. We'll have rain all day and temp in high 40s so soup seems like a good plan.

----------------------

Aaaagh. This has sat here for a very long time....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:42 pm

Did I scare everyone away with that book I wrote? I've piddled around some today. Dh took dog for walk in the rain, very much appreciated from both me and ddog. I have soup together, just needs to cook another hour.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:59 pm

In my sights for this week — whew — dgs will be with us from Tues night until Sun morning!
Ddil’s dgm passed away and they are going to the funeral, which will be Wed. Rather than keep him out of school for 3 days, they asked if he could stay with us. Of course we will be glad to have him, but I know we’ll be ready for their return by this time next week, LOL!

Also this week, allergy doctor, haircut, ironing...
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:38 pm

lol it wasn't a book it was perfect!!! d twins.
yes of course you are afraid to do things - living with pain and then it disappears and comes back for a month and then disappears again can give you fear! people don't understand - even loved ones (drs. too). They can't comprehend it. I watch dd writhing in pain - I can't feel it but I can see it. Unfortunately you are probably like her where she has learned to deal with a lot of pain in quiet and not talking that people can't see it. you live with a higher pain threshold that 99% of the people with out a nerve disorder.

hi d lucy - I am so sorry to her your dear sil lost his grandmother. so hard!
You will be busy!!! :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:39 pm

We had "rib meat" for supper. When dh used the food saver a few weeks ago to package up some ribs, he cut the ends of the sections of ribs off and put all the end pieces without any bones all into one package. He cooked them in the oven with some "Mongolian BBQ sauce" that was a bit too spicy for me.

I had the table cleared before 6. Then the dryer buzzed so I put away the load with dh's stuff in it. Bed sheets went back on the bed and then I put the last load into the dryer. It has now been put away. I used the washer 3 times and the dishwasher once today. That was quite a load on the septic system, but now I have no dirty dishes and no dirty laundry.

Dishwasher got emptied and now it's ready to be refilled.

Dh has a nice small fire going.

We ended up going to a flea market earlier and neither one of us got anything other than 1 soda each and a small order of fries in the food court which only has one vendor now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”