Sunday in Our Sights

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Sunday in Our Sights

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:03 pm

Is there anyone here in the tornado area?
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:05 pm

I believe I took steady enough aim at the things that were in my sights today.

2 rehearsals reasonably well done. Because they were literally in each other's way by the clock, there were difficulties. Our bass singer was especially put out because we weren't able to practice enough for the service this a.m., with up to 5 pages per piece of sheet music for 4 pieces and one we'd never seen before (as he said) "thrown at us". Sometimes on a melody I can "wing it" but he, of course, is just unable. Our tenor just followed me, giving up on anything more.

Easter rehearsal was pleasant but I had to excuse myself off to the side as several around me were coughing. Dd seemed to enjoy herself, singing with a large group for the first time in a while. Of course, the elephant in the room is a question ... .. with such a large choir, who will be in the pews to listen.

Then we were reasonably well prepared for some company this afternoon.

Like Cathy's short outing, a sudden flurry of optimism made HRH believe we'd enjoy going to the store. We did, but ever so briefly. We caught the one window of opportunity between downpours. As soon as we were back in the house, whoosh. So we were lucky.

After some hemming and hawing, I decided to attend the first of a series of evening studies at church that turned out to be as boring as it sounded. I was hopeful somehow I was missing something and it would be interesting after all, but not so. Part of my indecision was how to attend through a moat and a downpour.

Believe it or not - there being a first time for everything - I went in my galoshes.

I was late, soggy, and not my usual participating self, I suppose. Perhaps that was the reason the minister asked me to close in prayer. I know this sounds like some kind of breakthrough, but the study is, of course, held in the fellowship hall, so not a worship time. Still, there seems to be a willingness to stray from the comfort zone.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:25 pm

I came to ask about the tornadoes as well.

I'm finally home. After my church meeting, I swung by and picked up dh and we went to see Mary Poppins. I enjoyed it just as much the second time but focused on different things.

Then we went and visited dgs. He was just getting up from a nap so we visited a little, then took him to the store to get food for dinner. We had a nice dinner and then headed home. Dh has had a rough day for work (it all fell apart on him just before the movie) and so he'll be working tonight. He flies out tomorrow evening to Charlotte, for a few days. Thankfully, his connection airport is not affected by the storms.

I think I'll do a quick tidy and then head to bed. I'm very sore and tired.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:50 pm

I think Lucylee is north of the tornado area but i’m not sure where she is and I don’t know Alabama geography well either.

Ok evening. Kids and dh not much for talking at dinner w dfriend M. The two of us ended up walking the two dogs around the block to end the evening.

I’m trying to decide whether I should go to a 10 a.m. funeral tomorrow, graveside at the cemetery. Forecast is for 34 degrees then.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Twins: in the cold you will tense up. That could trigger more pain. I'd skip it if at all possible.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:05 pm

Monday.
7 hrs sleep guess.
load of washing, then it looked shower drop potential. Fitted protector is over the drying frame. towels are over the bath.
yoga
I got a lift home, asked about a lift Thursdays when I often have appointments to follow.
I would end up there with a trolly/cart worth of yoga stuff.
soon need otd to bus for afternoon group.
dishwashing mostly done. smoothy flask and pot to do.
pooof
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Thinking the same thing Kathryn. I’ll write a note of condolence.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:20 pm

Dinner is over h is makibg his sandwich for lunch tomorrow. Cold 17* tonights low temp.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:57 am

YES -- we are far north of the tornado area -- it is close to College Town but far enough away that it was (apparently) no threat to the school itself. We do have some friends that live near the area that was hit, but we have heard they are safe. Sad... latest reports say 22 dead.

Oh -- and we were safe and sound at home before it hit. We had some rain but nothing to speak of while we were there at the ballgame this weekend.
But brrrrr... it was COLD when we got home last night. Windy... and now they say snow flurries possible tonight. No accumulation or anything.
And I saw the ice tsunami pictures from Lake Ontario? Oh. My. Goodness. Houses that looked like they were part of Dr. Zhivago?
Nah... it's not cold here after all, LOL!

I am preparing for March! I have printed my 365 D eclutter calendar, this week's F lylady "sneak peek," and my own personalized checklist.
It's going to be hectic but I intend to start the first full week of March in a good way!
I've been doing laundry tonight, b/c tomorrow I must iron... and both dgrands will be here tomorrow afternoon for a little while.
Tuesday... dgs will come over sometime after 4:00 pm and then he will be with us till Sunday. He has NEVER stayed with us that long before... and he is looking forward to it... but ooohhhh... there is certainly never a dull moment around here when he is here.
DS & DDIL (and DGD) may not be home till Sunday. I hope it is early Sunday though, b/c after
1. getting up early for an 11:00 ballgame Saturday and
2. losing an hour of sleep Saturday night and
3. being on Nana-duty for 5 days... * whew * I know we will need our Sunday afternoon nap next week.

And Twins -- I wanted to tell you, I am just amazed at how well you are dealing with this terrible pain and the way it comes and goes with no apparent warning. I could never manage to do as much as you are doing in this situation, and IMHO, you should just be kind to yourself, don't worry about your energy or your mood or anything. Just do what seems to make you feel better at the moment and go with it. You are doing great!
I would definitely stay home from funeral, btw.

Sorry I can't reply to all -- I know dh is going to be in here in a minute wanting this computer.
I need to s/s kitchen and exercise. February was a total loss as far as exercise goes. Must do better. I am coming into March like a lion...
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”