Normal Day Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Normal Day Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:37 am

“Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return.”

― Mary Jean Irion

I'm celebrating the normal day today, for most of us it's the return to the week from the pleasures and distractions of the weekend.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Re: Normal Day Monday

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:13 am

Morning...

My plans for day has been altered as I spent the night battling a migraine.

It will be a slow and steady day. Gonna take it easy for awhile this morning.

I’ve had my breakfast and coffee and Willis is curled up next to me.

Norma is still in the hospital but hopes to be able to go home tomorrow.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:28 am

Yes to the normal day!

Keeping (((Normal))) in my thoughts. RR - Thanks for the update.

We have snow on the ground and 11F temps. I was surprised they did not cancel school. I texted DD about 7:15 and woke her up (she worked 12 hour shift last night getting off at 5am). DD arrived here a few minutes later and finished getting DGD7 ready for school.

I'm waiting for the doctor office to open and then I'm going to call and see about an appointment to see the doctor today. I'm still hurting if I try to take a deep breath.

Today's schedule includes -
** Homeschool Day
** DH to doctor for biweekly shots
** I'll take DMom to her doctor appt at 1:30.
** DGD7 from school at 3:45

Taking it one step at a time.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:39 am

It is 9:30 here and I'm still not s2s, nor have I had breakfast. That makes it a normal day here!

I have tidied the kitchen, updated my bullet journal for the week, dumped some church files into shred pile, emailed the church office to make sure they have copies of the old annual reports in their files before I actually shred these (they go back to 1989 which is weird because we didn't move to the village until 1990!) I've answered another email and done some mental work on planning my to-do list for today.

I've also presented dh with my finalized set-list for our performances on the 20th and 21st. He's away 4 full days this week, and we're away another 5 full days over the following weeks so that leaves just 8 days to find the music, learn the songs and practice the songs. I usually leave it up to him to choose the songs unless it is a multi-media presentation (our Eclipse set and African Village Life sets also have a slide presentation that goes along with the music.) But he's run out of time so he told me the theme (Irish even though this is after St. Patrick's Day, plus the Easter version of Hallelujah) and I picked out music. He'll have to learn about 5 of the 10. I need to learn 1 but I'm not playing, just singing!

Now, I'm going to put on a podcast and get to work on the bedroom.

Dh leaves later this afternoon for South Carolina. He'll have to eat at the airport or on the way to the airport because of the timing of his flights. I'm not sure if I'll drive him or not. It will certainly mess up the timing of my day if I do. Plus, if I eat out with him, then that messes up my meal plans for his time away as well. I'm trying to get back into healthy eating which is much easier to do when he's not here and I don't have to think about his preferences (such as a potato with every meal but veggies are optional.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:43 am

I am soooo glad to have things nearing normal here. I am physically feeling pretty normal. Mentally, I'm getting there?

I decided to skip the funeral this morning. I'm almost mystified as to why I felt so strongly about going - I don't care to go to most temple functions right now. When I was president of the synagogue tho this little old lady was quite vociferous in her dislike of our old rabbi, but I think she came around. And she was always so lovely I didn't even mind, particularly after we forged a relationship. And she was a lifelong member of our congregation.

I have the appt with the periodontist at 4:30 today. I need to make a list of my meds/supplements before I go. I also need to get a few groceries today - since it's going to be cold I might go to the store first and leave groceries in my car during the appt. The store I frequent is crazy in the late afternoon, I assume it's worse at 5:30ish.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:49 am

Kathryn, I'm still in pajamas also and doing a little genealogy for the family of the little old lady whose funeral I skipped. I have a database of the local Jewish community here.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:59 am

Well we're nearly 'normal' here. Dh had to go up to church this morning to meet a couple of other men to install new locks. Can't remember what they actually are -not locks per se'. Then he asked me what day we were to meet friends from up north a couple towns away for lunch. I thought it was NEXT Monday. NOT -it was TODAY at 11:30! :o I suggested he call him to be sure we were still 'on'. Worked out well (well sort of) as this person is sick and was going to call dh to change the date. Bullet averted. As it was I barely slept last night so wanted to take it easy today. Woke up at 12:30 till after 5:30. :roll:

Just finishing my coffee and then I'm setting to work on the kitchen. IT IS A MESS! DD and I got groceries yesterday afternoon & some are on the dining room table and some on the counter. I need to clean out the pantry cupboard before we can even put them away. :roll:

DDIL posted a cute video on FB of DGS6's hockey team. For a long time they were at the very bottom. DS-A became their coach and theirs is a true "Bad News Bears" story. They just won a tournament, defeating top teams. Video shows the team dropping their sticks and doing the "Floss". So doggone cute. They were pretty excited. Saw lots of praise for DS-A on there as their coach.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:59 am

Back to normal here after a super busy Sunday. We weren't home much of the day yesterday, with church and a birthday / housewarming at DH's neice's, then our small group in the evening. We sat around and shared for quite a while at that last night. So I'm still a bit worn out today.

This is catch-up week for me (she hopes). Will try to get the things done I didn't get to last week.

Have been watching the tornado news. How awful. DD has a house north of Atlanta but it was too far away to impact her. I'm glad no one here got this hit. We didn't have news on all day yesterday, so I didn't know about it till I came here and read last night.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:11 pm

I'm dressed, ate breakfast, put fresh sheets on the bed and started the load of laundry.

Now to look at my to-do list and do the next item I can motivate myself to do.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Making progress.

Homeschool is progressing. DS10 and I talked about our concern with him forgetting how to do Math problems that he knew how to do last week. We both strongly suspect it has something to do with using digital babysitter (screens) so much over the weekend. It was below freezing so outside play with friends was not available. I didn't feel good so I just let the kids have unlimited access to screens. I was between a rock & a hard place and wasn't thinking my clearest. I honestly didn't have a lot of choices but the one I did choose was not the right one. We talked about things he should do instead of screens when I don't feel good.....he can read a book, build legos, draw & paint, etc. Of course, all of these (except the books) create a mess that has to be cleaned up. Yes, he is old enough to clean up after himself but it requires monitoring to get it done.....which falls back on me. Screens are the easiest but they are most definitely not the best way to fill time.

The doctor office is going to work me in to see the doctor when I take DMom to her appointment this afternoon. I am thankful.

DH is gone to CPA and then his doctor appointment.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”