Two in a Row Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Two in a Row Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:59 am

Good morning!

Let's try for two good days in a row.

If yesterday was a success, then today you need to grab onto that focus and repeat the success.

If today will be your first day, pace yourself and plan on how you will continue at that pace tomorrow.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Two in a Row Tuesday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:05 am

I woke at 5:20 and could not get back to sleep so was out of bed shortly after 6.

I tidied my work-out clothing drawer, made the bed, had tea and chocolate and read a chapter of the book.

Then I grabbed the computer and did the scanning of the credit card statements I'd prepped last night. I'm getting much better at this, the 8 years of statements, about 275 pages, were scanned in 25 minutes. I only had one bad jam and one minor jam.

While making tea, my senior friend called at 6:45. One ring, no answer and I couldn't get ahold of her again. Her dil's name starts with the same first letter as mine so I figured she dialed the wrong person but was it because she was getting ready for a doctor's appointment today or was there an emergency. I left a message and she just called back.

A credit card scammer called her at 6:10 asking for verification of her card info and she wouldn't get out of bed to go get her purse so she wasn't scammed but she was worried so called her dil. Hence the mis-dial. Her doctor's appointment is tomorrow (I knew there was an important one this week.)

Glad she's not in distress.

Now that I've got some successes under my belt, I'm off to the shower. Then I'll figure out the next steps to making today great! Or have breakfast....

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:25 am

Hi!

It's snowing and blowing here!! It's also really, really cold! Minus 13 is the temperature. Not sure what the "feels like" is, but it's really, really cold. There is an accident is St. Catharine's involving a rollover, so I'm not going anywhere unless I absolutely must.

Tonight is leftovers, but I might change that to include a soup to warm us up if it gets any colder.

There are some dishes in the sink. I need to empty the dishwasher.

Bed isn't made yet.

I had pancakes for breakfast. They came out of a box and they were frozen until they went into the microwave. 45 seconds isn't long enough for them to stay hot when you eat them.

Multiple car accidents now being reported all along the highway.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:30 am

Know you're still getting lots of crummy weather up there, Cathy. Know our dks are in the Rochester area as well. Can hardly believe how cold it is up there -still. See it's supposed to be all week. No thawing this week!

Dh has gone for an appointment at his hearing aid center. When he gets back we'll go to lunch with friends from church. Tomorrow we have breakfast with dbil/dsisil. Not too many of those dates left.

Dh had to go work on the doors to our sanctuary yesterday at 9:30. Before he left he asked me what day we were to meet friends from up north at a restaurant about 20 miles from here. I thought it was next Monday -nope it was yesterday at 11:30. Now it was going to be tough. I suggested he call friend to make sure we were still 'on'. Friend was going to call him in a while to let dh know he was sick -so we made it for next Monday after all. That worked! Think we're supposed to go to Peebles -a very popular barbeque place this Saturday with our pastor & wife & 2 other friends from church. But I'm wondering if that'll really happen. Know dpastor is now sick with this flu-like virus going around & I figure his dwife will be next. We'll see.

Need to go eat just a bite for breakfast and finish getting ready to go to lunch. I'll put last night's dishes to soak. I was going to fix baked potatoes (bar) for dinner but have decided to make chili instead. It's to be cool here for next few days. Figured if I make chili tonight then we can use some of the leftovers as topping for our 'jacket potatoes'. Better go get the burger out to thaw.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 am

Morning...

It’s catch up day for me. Yesterday was a lost day for me due to my migraine. Still mush be slow and easy due to my headache hangover. Once I have my shower I should be good to go.

Dinner is planned and today it’s suppose to be 84*. There goes my winter. Boo hiss.

Sweetie and I have been talking abt moving for the past few months. Plans to head to either Al or SC within the next 12 months. My son has had several job offers recently and we’re waiting to see where he lands. However he may stay in Dallas. When I moved here this be with Sweetie I told him I wasn’t gonna die in the desert. This surfer girl needs sand with an ocean. And Sweetie totally agrees. We grew up living next door to each other and spent our summers on the beach.

I’ve been doing major decluttering like Nancy, but need to step up the program before it’s too hot.

Off to fold some laundry, drink my coffee and visit with Perry.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:18 am

Still haven't eaten breakfast and I may not at this point -though I'll have to grab some little snack. We're meeting for lunch at 11:30 & I'll be famished before then & probably having a 'sugar low'.

Just called Dh's cardiologist to see if/when he has an appointment. Got that one written down -it's at 8am on 4/24. Then I called his GP to check if he had an appointment & he did not. So made that one for 9am on 4/8. He has other appointments already sprinkled in that month but I think those were the last two. Wanted to be sure to get them in the big calendar going north with him & in my calendar here (so I can be sure to remind him).

It's grey and dreary out today, but nothing like the cold our northern SHEs are having. Also raining right now. Hoping it'll stop by the time we leave for lunch. Traffic here is so snarled right now because of work they're doing along most of the track crossroads. Hopefully they'll soon be done with all that. So we're leaving early.

That headache 'hangover' is definitely not fun, RR. Feel better. I don't get much done on those days either.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:26 pm

I had a pretty good day yesterday. I set out to do three small things and I did them. Along the way I did some genealogy too. I ended up with a headache/eye ache but it nothing compared to the pain I was in. (And was not related as far as I know, btw.)

Today:
Make payment on dmom's health insurance
Write a little
Stamp a little
Drop off/pick up dry cleaning for dh
mail a package

Five small things for today. Dh is out again tonight.

I think dMuffin may be frustrated with me because I haven't walked her yet. It's sunny and cold out so I've waited a bit. I need to move laundry over, get out of pajamas (I think Kathryn is ahead of me today) and get her walk in.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:37 pm

I am up have done the journaling and planning had breakfast and a m meds.
H is home and he is heading out to do a few errands in a bit.
Back from doing errands I went with h and the dog while he got the tags for two of our rigs
I have a meal plan for today.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:00 pm

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!

Last night was fairly productive: groceries; lots of cooking; a bit of filing; and finished earrings, mouth, and wand for Luna Lovegood crochet.

This morning is another headache. My boss is out with one also. I have found a small travel trailer that my car can pull, and less than what I was planning on paying. (Won't be buying for about 3 years). It is basically beds and table on wheels, pop up style. Cooler but no fridge, no cooking ability. The cooking was how I wanted to save $$$. However, I could probably find a small propane burning double gas ring. Not exactly what I wanted, but I can't have what I want without a new car. If I buy a car, I can no longer afford the camper! It is definitely better than what I have, which is nothing.

I looked into my vacation hours and, as expected, I will not have two weeks for Slovenia/Germany in 2020 with my friend unless I completely skip all other vacations. Not happening! I promised DD17 a trip to either AL with grandparents and cousins or a trip to GA for a family reunion with the same people plus more extended family. Also, given my friend's always precarious finances and the fact that this trip has been postponed several times, I cannot even rely on it happening. If it does, I will do the week in Slovenia. While I know I would enjoy Germany, Slovenia is the better opportunity because she knows the language and has family there.

DD is coming tonight, but it is close to finals and it will likely be the usual dinner and studying. If I work on Luna, that will be two days in a row of project progress.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:11 pm

I did 2 hours (2 x 1 hour) in a row in the basement (AGAIN). I know I am making process but then I see more and am in shock.
but it is a continued process. I noticed my projects (craft etc.) was starting to grow again so out went the yarn that I knew wouldn't be used or finished.

hello d kathryn thank you for starting us (especially me) on a productive step forward. I used March 4th as a moving forth day. still hard.
I love that you have success under your belt!

hi d cathy
too cold - I know you will be happy when spring finally comes! we actually had sunshine (9 this morning).
soup sounds wonderful!

hi d dee! I know they too in New York state are having cold and have lots a snow!
a sanctuary sounds lovely.
hope you have a good day. I will say a prayer for your pastor to feel better

hi d rose. (((migraine))) they take days to get over! praying you have a pressure free day in your head. wow 84 - I can't imagine it. I am the same way about water. living up north we had a very very small small lake near us (a 20 minute drive) but it wasn't my lake Michigan. once you have that - it is hard to get it out of your skin. enjoy perry

hi d twins!
Praying for that headache to go away. enjoy your stamping today.

hello d nancy - yay on your work! enjoy errands!

Hello d Elizabeth - Happy fat tuesday to you too! I am so sorry you also have a headache. Praying the headache goes away for you and your boss. enjoy your time with your dd tonight.

hello all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”