Two in a Row Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Two in a Row Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Elizabeth, we always used a propane stove when camping when I was growing up. We had the camper than went on the back of the pickup truck, but we always "set up" with a tarp over a picnic table and the stove at one end for cooking. We really only slept and changed clothes in the camper.

Had a good walk with ddog and I got the insurance pmt for dmom into the mailbox. On the walk I picked up some trash and put it in garbage cans. One can had blown open and the light stuff on top had blown out, and I picked up several lawn notices of treatments that had been there several days. I generally don't leave outgoing payments in the mailbox, but it was so close to the time the mail usually runs that I did this time.

I'm heading upstairs for a stamping session.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada-DH

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada-DH » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Hello ladies! I don't get the opportunity to post very often, but today I get to brag about getting to be with two lovely ladies (Harriet and her (grown-up!) daughter) for lunch and a few hours ... evidence found in Members Only:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3812&p=176529#p176529

I hope everyone here is well. Kathryn keeps me up-to-date when she thinks it is appropriate. Always nice to hear about all of you wonderful people.

Stay well! . . . . . . Ken

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:13 pm

Elizabeth, years ago I camped with a tent and we used a propane "stove" for cooking and it was great. They now have campers with just beds inside and a "trunk" door outside which opens up to a "kitchen" area which is just a sink and propane cooktop. Not much bigger than using the portable propane stove, though. It sounds like so much fun!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:24 pm

thank you for sharing your photos d kathryn!!!!

hi d harmony!
hi d twins!

vacuumed upstairs
took the sheets off one bed.
put away
cleaned the bathrooms swish/swipe and wipe the floor
dishes are still washing in the dw.

still need to vacuum the first floor
go through cat litter
swish and swipe the powder room
make dinner
clean up afterward.

I haven't done dishes.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Nice picture!! Nice license plate too!

I did absolutely nothing today other than make a massive pot of cabbage soup. There is ground beef, cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, onions and potatoes. Slight variation on a very popular recipe back in the 80's. My first MIL used to make it all the time.

I also started a fire in the fireplace, so dh can come into a warm and inviting home after being at work on such a cold and blustery day. There were times I couldn't see the road in front of us or the field behind us. Right now the sky is blue and the sun is shining, but it's still really, really cold.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:00 pm

So, Cathy, can you post the recipe for the cabbage soup in our recipe section?
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:34 pm

I had such a productive time organizing my stamping area I didn't get any stamping done. And I probably won't get genealogy done as I still need to go out to the cleaners and UPS store, and walk about 4K steps. I could wait and go to the post office tomorrow when I'll be practically next door getting my body work, though.

There are new cardstock colors so I made folders for new colors and filed them and also alphabetized the "retired" colors in the second drawer so I can find them. Cleaned up the area a bit too.

I am going to run out to the cleaners (why oh why do I wait until 5:30) and probably put off mailing the package til tomorrow. When I get back I'll walk the dog. Just had a snack, a banana and small piece of soft cheese.

Today is my brother's yartzeit - the first anniversary of his death. His name will be read aloud to say kaddish on Friday night. I am going to try to get there. Still hard to believe he's gone. I don't know why I feel more emotional about his passing than I do about my dsis. Is it because he was the second of the two?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm staggering in from being out with dd and the children. I'm exhausted. I've been home for over an hour but aside from putting groceries away, I haven't left the recliner.

It is cold and now we are in the snow storm that Cathy had earlier today. Whiteouts are happening.

Between the misery of the weather and my exhaustion after being out for hours with dgs, I'm going to skip going to a pancake supper tonight. It is too cold to walk (otherwise the fresh air might be good for me) and I don't want to take the car out in the bad driving.

I nearly hit a car coming the 1/2 mile home from the grocery store. I was entering the short left turn lane, going faster than the cars going straight because they were stuck behind a bus. There was 1) no-one in front of me, 2) a green light and 3) no oncoming traffic so it was clear for me to turn left and perfectly legal for me to pass the bus that was stopped because I was in a lane going somewhere other than where the bus was going. A car behind the bus, started to pull into my lane without looking or signalling because he wanted to pass the bus using my left turn lane. Thankfully we both stopped in time, then I continued around him (going into the ongoing lane but that wasn't a problem because nothing was coming.)

I don't need to go back out with idiots like that on the road. So I'll stay home.

I had fun with dgsM2 at IKEA and we had a nice lunch there. Dd got breaks while nursing dgdJ0 since dgs and I could take off and do things. She could also go to the bathroom by herself since I could watch both kids. It is the little things you miss when the mother of young children!

I only bought some more food keepers but dd bought me a potty chair and pillow for dgs. He's excited he'll have his own pillow at my place.

After IKEA I went to the bulk food store and then our local grocery store and bought some of the heavy things we needed since I had the car and had brought the cart down to our parking spot in preparation.

I'll have an easy dinner, probably french toast instead of pancakes. Or maybe just eggs, sausage and a bagel.

Before I left, I worked on more sorting of paperwork, this time the investment statements. I still have to pull more out from our storage closet and there's a box of them by my desk and more tucked in the chest I use as a coffee table. This is why Marie Kondo tells you to pile everything in a category up at once. We tend to put things all over the place and if I'm to deal with a category, I should deal with it all at once.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:59 pm

Wednesday theme of the day - to choose helpful, healthy thoughts and actions.
readings today had that common thread running throughout.
Breakfast is cooking. I have a ginger hot water to sip on.

My water intake dropped and my gums have been woeful again. Here is hoping that will make a difference, or maybe I've been eating something that didn't at all suit my innards.. I just finished a bag of grapes a couple of days ago. Getting back to salt and bicarb rinse will help as well. I need the cup back in the bathroom..

It looks like a good day for washing. With limited line space Its either clothing or sheets etc. Maybe a quick start could see one lot dry after the other.

(((Twins))) A build up of one grief after another becomes cumulative, I think. Prayers for you and your family.

Thanks to KiCDH for sharing.

I hate near misses with impatient folk Kathryn. So glad you are safe.
Recently I went to cross with the green walk signal, and a motor scooter and a car turned the corner without waiting. Another woman was crossing with me and we spoke about it, both slightly rattled and agreeing the need to always check cars will actually stop at crossings.

Hugs and prayers for all who would like them.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Ken in Canada is much quicker to post than I am, lol. That was a fun lunch adventure. Our travel was all quicker than I assumed, thanks to new highway changes and quiet spring break time at the univ. We had time at the restaurant for great conversation. With two women who are both as chatty as me (wonder where she gets that), I think Ken listened a lot. :| But the most interesting part by far was hearing Ken's enthusiasm and hopes for his next trip to teach/tutor school students near Tanzania this June.

Because of dd's parking privileges, Ken still didn't get in his usual aerobic workout this a.m., as he does at home, but I myself am not complaining. She usually has me trek all over the place to buildings that have no parking, so this was better!

Strangely, the sun came out today - no rain right now for 3 days, they say, until a few hours after Ken flies home. Hmmm... ..

Return to “Post When You Can”