Two in a Row Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Two in a Row Tuesday

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:25 pm

All my car can tow is basically a tent with a table on wheels. Even the outdoor "kitchen" Harmony described is too heavy. I wanted a basic pop-up camper with an indoor kitchen for when it's cold or rainy. I also wanted it large enough that DD17 could invite one or two friends. A bathroom would have been nice but I KNEW that was a pipe dream. With a towing limit of 1000 pounds, I would not be able to put much in a 840 pound travel trailer. I still have to look at my total gross weight to see if I can carry water, propane, and a stove in the car and still tow the trailer. (At least I have a roof rack). This whole thing may be a pipe dream and I am really bummed. Based on my auto buying habits, it will be a minimum of 10 years before I replace the current car then another 5 or 6 before I could get a larger camper. I will be 70 years old before I can even dream of what I really want. Mom said, "Keep saving and maybe the car will take care of itself." Yeah, not happening, not at my income level. So bummed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:33 pm

I washed the curtians I took out of the master bathroom and put them in hubby's office. I shoveled more snow trails to melt off hopefully in the next couple of days, it is supposed to warm up yea! Watching the goats and tractor moving hay in round bails up to feed goats video.
Dinner is done hubby loaded and started the dishes.
I cooked & peeled eggs for lunches the next few days.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:03 pm

I impulsively stopped at Krystal and got two "Krystals" in memory of my dbro. For those not in the south they are quite small burgers with onions, mustard and a pickle. Dbro loved then, as did my dsis. Dmom still loves them. Long wait time unfortunately then order was wrong, they gave me cheese krystals instead of regular, but the idea was good. I will probably still need to eat something.

Temp outside is dropping. I walked ddog outside. I just cannot make myself go upstairs to walk on treadmill. I need 3K more steps.

So I got three of five done today. I guess I'll take it, particularly since I spent a lot of time on the stamping organization. Headache is reappearing?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Elizabeth: does your budget allow you to rent a larger vehicle to tow the trailer?

Ds has been pulling a friend's tent trailer (I think it has a sink and ice box but cooking outside.) He's bought a 10' utility trailer (the kind you'd kit out for a contractor to have tools and maybe a workbench that folds out) and he's going to build enough for him at his obstacle races. He said what he wants most is a place to stand up to change his clothes and a good dry bed (the tent trailer is dodgy when it is raining.)

He's built a sleeping platform into his car Suburu Outback but has to be outside to get dressed easily. Still, he camped in that as he drove to Nebraska and back. He built something similar for his Civic hatchback. Both cars had netting and tarps so he can have the hatches open for air and cooling.

(((Twins))) I bet your brother would be tickled pink to be remembered that way. It is the little moments that connect us as people, not the grand gestures.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:13 pm

I watched the rest of the Fyre documentary. It was very good.

Then I had eggs and bacon and bagel for dinner.

Now I'm on the treadmill trying to make up for not getting my 5K step walk in tonight.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:36 pm

Kathyrn said - about 275 pages, were scanned in 25 minutes. 
This reminded me of when I was using scanner and after having much success I stopped checking each document after it was scanned and converted to pdf file. I later noticed some of the size of the pdf files were not similar to the others. That clued me into the failure to scan some of the documents properly. It didn't give any error or indication that some of the pages were not scanned right. This taught me that I needed to open all the pdf files and visually checking before I got rid of the paper copy.

CathyS said - I had pancakes for breakfast. They came out of a box and they were frozen until they went into the microwave. 
This is DGD7 absolutely favorite breakfast. I pop a couple of frozen pancakes or waffles into the toaster. When they are finished toasting I put butter on them and a swirl of Chocolate Syrup. Sometimes I add a dollop of Cool Whip Spray. She always has a big smile on her face as she takes each bite.

Dee said -  I was going to fix baked potatoes (bar) for dinner
This is what I fixed for the family tonight. It is always easy to please everyone taste. They can each add whatever they want to the potato. I fixed a skillet of roasted broccoli and another skillet of sautéed mushrooms. My vegetables were ignored by everyone, but I found them yummy.

RR - How exciting about the move being carefully thought out and the many considerations.

(((Twins))) said - Today is my brother's yartzeit - the first anniversary of his death. 
You have dealt with so much in a short amount of time. You're in my thoughts today.

Today was a good day.
** DD arrived at 7am to get DGD7 ready for school. it was a lighthearted time and DGD7 went out the door laughing.
** Homeschool DAy #135 was excellent. DS10 focused well and made great progress.
** I played with my indoor garden all through the day. A few minutes here and there between doing other things. It brings me much pleasure. I transplanted a dozen broccoli seedlings and a beet seedling. I organized 5 categories of gardening supplies into their own buckets. I hung another plant grow light. I peeked into the sprouting tray and was thrilled to see celery and onions seeds are sprouting. I emptied and washed a couple of dozen containers that will be reused to transplant seedlings into.
** The doctor office called and needed to schedule a carotid ultrasound for DMom. I put that on the schedule for Friday afternoon. That is the EIGHTH medical appointment this week. If you count making a 50+ mile trip to pick up a prescription yesterday then it would be 9 medical visits this week.
** Piano lessons were accomplished for DS10 and DGD7. Spring recital is planned and practice for that has begun.
** DS10 spent 2+ hours riding bicycle around town with 2 friends tonight. They also played basketball, hide and seek, and also played tag.
** DGD7 is consumed with painting rocks. She is particular about size and shape of the rocks. She carefully selects the rocks and then spends time deciding on the design to paint each one. She likes the painting pens best. I am thankful to have an old dining room table that has taken the abuse of many grandchildren. DGD7 is supposed to keep the rock painting on the paper covering the table surface but it isn't 100% foolproof. Hopefully, the oops paint will eventually come off the table.

I think I am feeling better. I am definitely not feeling worse. Today is 2nd day of steroids. Yesterday I got a steroid shot and today I took 6 steroid pills. I still can't take a deep breath yet because it is too painful and I absolutely cringe at the thought of coughing or sneezing. Hopefully tomorrow I will see improvement with those symptoms.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:45 pm

Lady’s...how abt using one of those cheap plastic tablecloths to use UNDER the paper. Ya know the kind you can by at Walmart of the dollar store. That’s what I used when teaching and doing crafts with my students.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:50 pm

Night 1 of 5 (w/dgs) — things are going pretty well. Ds said dgs could stay up to watch the basketball game between Auburn and Alabama, so he’s still up, but he’s had his bath and we’ve been over his schoolwork. And played a baseball (board) game.
Plus — I cleaned the master bathroom while he was in the tub. Kitchen is s/s.

This is a VERY close game. I think dgs’s constant commentary is a little much for dh’s nerves... ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”