Anti Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Yes, indeed talk with him, Sunny.
had a sleep study done finally and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Will have to talk to him to find out more about this stuff.
You'll probably remember that this is exactly why our dShelley passed away (nearly 10 years ago now -doesn't seem possible) at the age of 40. She'd had sleep apnea and after losing a lot of weight following gastric bypass, she evidently didn't feel she needed the cpap any more. Obviously after an autopsy that was definitely not the case. Never miss a chance to tell someone to pay attention to that seemingly non-dangerous disease.

I spent a lot of the night coughing and clearing my throat. Now it seems to be creeping up on me. Trying to figure out what to do to ward this 'thing' off. There's been so much of it in all our circles here.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:33 pm

I spent a lot of the night coughing and clearing my throat.

(((Dee))) Hope you feel better soon. This is the thing dh has been dealing with seems like forever, but he finally does appear to be showing some improvement. And I'm doing the same thing to a lesser extent.
And (((LadyM))) -- I am so glad you are seeing some improvement yourself, and so glad you have taken today to rest and the dentist has "enforced" rest for tomorrow! Maybe a couple days of less activity will help you knock this thing out!

Sunny, WTG -- sounds like you are making good progress!

And WTG, Harmony w/your pillow covers!

My dgd's middle name is Mae, also, Rose! She goes by the double name, her first and middle together, and both names are from dh's grandmothers (one of whom he never knew.) I love using family names. DH had an aunt named Vera, also. Nice to see the meaning of that name -- certainly appropriate for his aunt, btw!
(((Willis)))

Dee -- I went to Wmart yesterday and was sooo upset with the whole thing. I hope I didn't already tell y'all this -- just scroll on through if this is a rerun...
Okay, remember the brick book -- photo book I was making of pics of houses my dgdad had worked on?
I finally finished it, I believe on Feb. 25, after MUCH stress b/c (1st) all my pages would not show up on the screen as I was working on them and (2nd) one page showed blank but it would not let me go to that page to edit. Both issues took chat time with support person to correct, and one had me waiting over 24 hours to be able to see the "fix."
So. It's finally finished and ordered... it says it will be at the store for pick-up on March 4. Her birthday was March 1, but whatever... I realized I was ordering late to get it in that soon.
They ALWAYS send an email when something is ready for pick-up or a notification on the app. March 4 arrives... nothing.
I look on the app and it says: "Processing Delayed, check back later."
BUT... then it says "track shipment" so I click there and it says "Delivered February 28." :o
Well, that would have been nice to know... but still no message or notification... so I wait until March 5, and call the store.
It takes THREE times to get anyone to even answer in the photo department, but yes, it was there.
I go pick it up and have to wait forever again, b/c some woman was having a dispute with the manager b/c her cd's weren't printed as she had ordered, her order was not on time, and the cashier the day before had promised her a discount -- but the manager knew nothing about it. I really wanted to see how that came out, but I had to pick up dgs at school -- so I interrupted and told her my order was paid for and I had just been told it was laying out awaiting my arrival. It took her a while to find it, even at that, and it WAS lying right on the counter... :roll:
I was just so aggravated.
At any rate, the book looks nice, and I hope dmom will be pleased with it. I haven't gotten it to her yet.

Hope you're feeling better, Twins.

My washer is a top loader, but it is the High Efficiency kind, and it has a clean washer cycle. I put some powder in it and run it when I get the notification light on the control panel.

Y'all -- this is embarrassing -- I had the half-day for dgs on TWO calendars, and still forgot all about it. When I asked him why he didn't remind me, he said, "You already KNEW! You saw it last week when we were going to College Town!" That was true... smh...

OTOH -- ddil told me SHE had no idea it was a half day, so if she had been home, the school would have been calling her to pick him up.
* sigh * DS and DDIL do not do a lot of assistance or supervision re: dgs and his school work. If something HAS TO be turned in, they usually do get that done, but dgs is so super-smart that they take for granted (I think) that he knows everything. He told me he missed some spelling words last week b/c he was sounding them out and they had letters that could be either one of two -- like a c or a k.
IMHO, they should make a point of going through his backpack every night and going over any assignments, etc. But what do I know? I'm just the Nana... :lol:

I guess I have done pretty well for anti-procrastination... I s/s the other two bathrooms and vacuumed the study. When the antenna man was here, he went into the attic and the pull-down stairs are in the study. A LOT of dust and dirt fell out of the stairs when he was going up and down, so it was a mess. DH said he had stepped on a piece of hickory nut shell -- he asked if we had squirrels in the house? I told him we probably had one in the attic at some time.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:59 pm

waving - sending you all love and sunshine. it's still freezing here so I figure I need to find a little sunshine to warm up.
errands done.
dh is feeling better. talked to his dr. and straightened things out.
dd older - haven't talked to her
dd younger said d mom fell but dr. said she is doing great. the dr. and no problem just a bruise.

waiting for call from Kat.
need to check my checking account and charge accounts.

waving largely at you guys!!!! ~~~~~~~
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:57 pm

I had been putting off moving a pile o f snow about 3' deep on the flower bed from clearing off the patio. So I did a couple of rounds if that and got it down to three or four inches. Is in on the North side if the house and cooler there flowers are late there on a normal year, this year would have taken forever for it to melt off. l am glad I worked on that. It was good exercise. Also a screw that needed tightened was made secure by hubby.

Took a shower. Waiting to see if dgd shows up after school or not I do not always get the messages. Nope she did not come.

It finally warmed up 36* now feels like a heat wave, it is cloudy outside now we did not get to our forcast high of 41* today.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi everyone! It is almost time to leave payroll. I am on the home stretch for one report, just generating test cases. The next report is just implementing the same fixes. It required a complete rewrite of a query. This one iteration will solve 4 different problems for the users. My friend is getting her hip replaced today, possibly as I type this.

Last night, DD17 did homework while I did some unsuccessful cooking. My plan of trying new recipes has had mixed results. I also ran a LOL, but haven't put it away yet. Because Thorin was accidentally locked in the linen closet for 18 hours, I have extra. Progress has been made on the last of the Christmas crochet, but I want a second opinion before gluing the eyes on. It is irreversible. Tonight, I will go to the Ash Wednesday service, then out for cat litter.

I love the name Vera Mae and Kathryn's idea of a 40 day anti-procrastination Lent.

In answer to Kathryn's question yesterday, I don't know if the budget allows for renting a towing vehicle for the camper. All this is about 3 years in the future, when my car is paid off. (I am planning to pay it off early and it could be 1.5 years in the future). Renting a large enough vehicle may be the same as renting a hotel room, which makes it not very sensible. And I won't be able to just pack up and go if I can't tow it myself. It's better to find out before I buy something that I can't tow it!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Very pretty name, Vera Mae.

If I had a little girl to name (not going there again) I might name her Meredith. Heard that in church the other day, thought that was pretty.

Lucylee, of course Nana always knows best! But I really do agree... You are only days late with the brick book. I am 1 1/2 months late with my pillow covers! :lol:

Sunny, sure hope DS's hand injury is not serious.

I worked through the stack of mending. Buttons, patches, fixing stuff like the corner of the top pocket where he rips it off with the pen :roll: , and I put a patch inside a pair of slippers. I had them out weeks and weeks ago to do this. Now I'm getting to them. DH says "you must really like these slippers to bother with that". But I showed him the soles and the tops are perfect, I just wore holes in the lining of the heels. They are good to go. Found 1 pair of shorts I could not find anything wrong with. Put them back in his drawer, I'm sure he'll be complaining about something next time he wears them.

Sure feels good to get all this stuff done. I have one more pair of slacks to work on, to untwist the wide elastic going around. Tried, but couldn't do it, must open up the waistband and re-sew. How do people do this stuff if they don't know how to sew or don't have a machine?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 pm

I've spent the day alternating between going through financial papers, reading, and wasting time surfing the internet.

The first pass on the papers is done. I had 6 binders and two archive boxes plus a file frame. I'm down to 3 binders and one archive box. Possibly less. But the easy stuff has all been dealt with, from this point onward it will be more difficult decisions.

One file was the Minas Basin Pulp & Paper company. My mother worked as a legal secretary before she got married. One day her boss came in and said he had 25 shares to sell from an estate he was handling. He felt the private company was a good investment. She didn't have quite enough money but my dad loaned her the rest and she bought the shares.

They paid a steady dividend which she'd use to buy us a little something or to pay for her hair perms, or maybe even a dress. It gave her her own money, something that was important to her. When I was going through the papers from the house, I found the thank you notes she'd send to the company for the dividends! She also invested more in the company any time more shares were offered.

When she died, they went to Dad, who had the new share certificate issued in his name and mine. When he died, I owned 500 shares but split them with my sister (I was expected to share the investments that were joint with Dad, he was just avoiding probate fees.) A year later, the company decided to restructure and wanted to buy back all the shares at twice what they were worth when we received them. Which would make for a significant tax bill (but a lot of cash as well.) My sister came up with the idea of creating a charitable foundation and we did that, donated our shares to start it off, and have been making grants from the foundation each year since. We got a tax receipt for the donation instead of a bill for the taxes due. We named the foundation after our mother and make grants to things that she would have supported. We love the fact that her legacy is living on and that the share money is still bringing joy to people.

Obviously, I didn't need all the records I had for that investment but I created an archive file with a few pieces of correspondence and my copy of my share certificate (marked clearly to indicate the shares were gone to the foundation.) I like that the new filing system has a place for me to keep a memory like that, without mixing it up with my investment stuff. No chance for confusion.

I've filled another box of papers for the shred-it day. And the regular paper recycle. So I emptied the recycle after going through the mail. I wanted to check there was room for the stuff before carrying down the heavy bin, so picked up the mail first, but that had the advantage of me having the day's mail to go through and recycle what didn't have to be kept.

I've also washed up the dishes, and cleaned out the fridge (slipshod job, I didn't empty all the shelves, but slid stuff around, pulled out the bins and washed them and under them out.) With any luck that will deal with the sour milk smell from the fridge.

So I did get stuff done today. I'm down to the last 1/5 of the book so may finish it up before bed.

Return to “Post When You Can”