Anti Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:41 am

Those things that were "put off" yesterday or the day before have found their home. It's the day for antiprocrastination tasks, large and small.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Re: Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:53 am

I am in for this! hello d twins - wishing you a wonderful day! thank you for starting us today!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:08 am

I put off mailing the package and getting in my steps today, so should be a priority today. I have body work at 10, and I'll mail the package after at the post office and run into to the grocery for a veggie for tonight. I have a therapy appt at 3 so when I get home I'll need to get some steps in and start on supper. Dh is home tonight.

I need to get in the shower in a minute. I probably won't walk the dog before I go out, she's been out in the backyard and I'll let her out again before I leave. It's soooooo cold here.

bw2, you are always so sweet and positive! Good morning!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:46 am

Anti-procrastination - there's a theme for Lent: do one thing you've been putting off each day of Lent!

Of course, knowing me, I'll put that idea away for next year!

I'm up. I was in bed, eyes closed, for almost 9 hours. I was up once in the night and awake twice more but got back to sleep when I turned on something to listen to. I turned on the same podcast twice and this morning I set it to 'unplayed' because I can't recall anything beyond the first few minutes! I'll listen to it while awake.

I'm not well this morning. Last might my ear hurt and my head felt heavy. This morning I have a headache but not one of my normal headaches. My ear is slightly better. I was struggling to remember when I've felt this way before and realize it was back in September when I overdid it and a few days later ended up in bed.

Over the weekend I had two concerts, church and a movie, plus a day out with dgs yesterday. That September weekend was one concert, rest day, movie. So it takes more to trigger concussion symptoms but I can still do it. I knew I was doing too much but the concerts were booked prior to the concussion and I've been so good for so long I thought I might get away with it. And I really wanted to go to church. And I really wanted to go to the movie.

I know now that I am still having effects from the concussion even if I do have my love of numbers back. And I have to learn to not do too much. Of course, setbacks are good because that means I'm not doing too little either - if I don't push myself, I won't know where the limit is.

So I'm skipping light therapy today. And will try and make it a still day. It is very bright outside (and we don't have window coverings on most windows) so I may end up taking to my bed today or putting on sunglasses inside.

And I will take it easy. There's a paper sorting project set up in the dining room which is north facing so won't get light streaming in at any time of the day.

And I've already picked an urgent Anti-Procrastination task.

LadyM: my scanner software automatically opens the document in a pdf viewer so I can see the scan. I don't always page through the whole thing, but do from time to time. If there's no jams during the scan, I can be assured it probably went well and looking at page one is sufficient. I do have to check for 2-sided vs single sided scanning (I switch that back and forth) and when there's a jam I have to make sure the subsequent pages are knitted onto the original file. The more I use the scanner, the more comfortable I am with its features and the faster I am.

My scanner can do up to 24 pages per minute so, figuring in operator speed (saving files, loading), it was working flat out yesterday since I did almost 12 ppm.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:13 am

I was going to mention yesterday with regard to scanning, when I worked in accounting the assistants scanned the tax documents, counting how many pages were to be scanned and verifying that number was scanned. Doesn't account for two sided items but does ensure that a page isn't skipped in the scanner.

I've showered and am drinking smoothie. I'll dry my hair in a bit, letting it air dry a little first. In warm weather or when I'm not going out it can air dry but not today, when I need to head out in 30 min. It's 25 degrees, feels like 15. At least the car is in the garage, even if I don't prewarm it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 am

waving at you sweet twins and sweet kathyrn.
by the way d twins so are you!
d kathryn that is a wonderful theme for lent.

heading up for a shower to shoes. I am tired of cold but still want to get certain things done before spring starts to SPRING!
my goal was to finish decluttering the basement; not just put it in a different spot.
1/3 more than that actually has been taken out of my house. it's almost 1/2. 8-)

then errands - here I come... 9 degrees and all is cold... I mean well. lol :D :lol:

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:12 am

Morning...

My grand daughter has a name: Vera Mae! Vera is a bible name and means Truth, which is very important to my son and daughter. Mae is my mom and my son’s other grandmothers middle name. They chose it to honor them. My kids don’t plan on making Vera Mae’s name public until the announce her birth.

Some of my sunflowers have begun to sprout!

I am making a list of what I want to accomplish today. I read an interesting article about Lent yesterday. Instead of giving up something for 40 days, they suggested to remove one thing from your home each day. I plan to do both which is one reason I am working on my list.

I plan on doing a small house blessing today. I also need to work on my second clothes closet where I keep my seasonal clothes. This will be much more interesting this year as I need to think about keeping transitional clothes especially if I move to a climate which has at least a true 3 full season. Gonna pretend I’m still living in Mobile to make my decisions.

Off to start my day. Lots to do and the energy to do it!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:32 am

I read an interesting article about Lent yesterday. Instead of giving up something for 40 days, they suggested to remove one thing from your home each day. I plan to do both which is one reason I am working on my list.
I saw that same article, RR, and was going to post myself. So glad you already did as I could quite likely forget. I can easily do 40 things I believe.

Went to breakfast with dbil/dsisil and we're going to W mart -first time in several weeks- shortly. But there's just some things we need to get there that we can't get anywhere else.

Am sipping some Air borne right now. Seemed I was coughing or clearing my throat from midnight till 6am. Then I dozed for a little bit. I noticed just below the inside corner of my right eye is black and blue. When I walked up to dh this morning I said, "I have NO idea!" It would be hard for me to get hit there with anything as I always have my glasses on. Who knows? But dbil/dsisil both noticed at breakfast.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:53 am

wanted to say hi to rose and dee (dear ones) before I head out.
I am procrastinating!!!!! shut down all media and get my franny in gear.
having a couple family members - 2 anxiety family members and 1 (dd younger) feeling like she will never make money or be able to survive on being a photographer for a living.
So today I am having to breath for all the family -

Need to go to ash wednesday service at noon.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:02 pm

My scanner also pops up telling me how many pages were scanned at the end. And if I'm doing double sided, it gives the correct count for number of scans, not pages. Of course, it can skip blank pages but it also tracks number of pages not scanned due to being blank.

I took some ibuprofen. I've figured out if I'm still, I'm pretty OK. If I'm moving around, I feel lousy.

I've updated my computer anti-virus, silenced the popups from Avast, installed the TurboTax, and uninstalled a free pdf printer that was a pain to use. I've installed a new one that I hope is easier to use. For some reason, the pdf software that comes with my scanner won't allow itself to be used as a pdf printer when I'm printing something like the registration confirmation page from TurboTax. I ended up saving it as a jpg. When I'm printing form Chrome, there's a built-in pdf printer and there are safe as pdf options from Open Office. But occasionally, I'm running another program and I want to save output, but not print to paper.

With 2 reboots (due to installs) my computer should be good to go for at least another week. In the past 6 days, I've had zero issues with it. It looks like memory was the issue and that's fixed. Interestingly, I had Avast Cleanup for a year, trying to keep my computer running more smoothly and not once did it indicate an issue with memory at all. I had to figure out the issue myself.

I'm going to hang up the load of laundry and then read a chapter of my book now in order to rest.

Return to “Post When You Can”