Anti Procrastination Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Anti Procrastination Wednesday

Postby Nancy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:53 pm

I was up on time. Journaling & planning done 2 red pens ran out this morning glad I had back ups.
We got 1" fresh snow over night it started as sleet so is pretty slick. H cleared the driveway, I did snow removal on deck, steps and patio.
Plus I did 30 min. On the stat bike. Looking forward to above freezing temps. Heads up time change weekend.
More coffee... planned leftovers are meals today. Reviewing 7 habits .

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:28 pm

I’m in the car rider line — had no idea today was a half-day until I saw it on Facebook! So today for once, scrolling mindlessly on the phone was a good thing!
Sigh — I sorta wish it was a full day. Dgs could NOT sleep last night — wide awake at 2:00 am. So — its a good thing for him that it’s a short day!
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:33 pm

I got my massage, went through the grocery store (five items, I think) and mailed the package. Before I left I had time to clean the drain on the washing machine. My machine is so poorly designed. It has a drain that has to be cleaned out on a regular basis because it starts to stink. To get to it the first time, I had to lie on the floor to find it. Now I can open the little door, unscrew it and get it out without resorting to that. I've never had a machine that one had to clean the drain, is it common on front loading machines. I came across it when I washed some burlap that shedded and the machine stopped running with one of those obscure error codes that the drain was clogged. Anyway, I try to do it monthly, but I think it was either Dec or Jan when it was last done.

I need to walk the ddog next and then I'll give myself some stamping or genealogy time.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:08 pm

Went to breakfast, came home and then went to W almart -think it's the first time I've been there since before Christmas. Hate going there any more as I hate, hate, hate the 'self-checkout' line. So wait for a cashier. Dh wanted some S tain A way for his false teeth. He'd gone separately from me & caught me in line & said there was none & clerk told him he didn't think they had it any more. Said I was pretty sure I could get it. So he took my place in line -I walked down & it was right where I told him it was! Came back & he was just checking out & I had to get in line behind 3 full carts. :roll:

Came home & he tried turning on the vacuum cleaner to finish vacuuming the living area. Wouldn't come on so he changed to another socket. Still didn't come on. Figured out why then. :cry: :| Seems NOT SO dear puppy had chewed through part of the electric cord. Dh couldn't figure out why she didn't get electrocuted, but then realized she'd chewed through the neutral wire. She knew she'd done something 'bad' & went right to her bed. Any suggestions? Not the first time she's chewed up something. And she has plenty of chew toys believe me. DD even bought her some extra ones which dh keeps picking up the fragments. She was good until about 3 weeks ago. Really has done a number on some things. She's been out of her crate for several months now.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:11 pm

Dee... I threw away so many wash clothes that I believe I am more than half way through Lent :lol:

Twins... I have a front loader for 10 years and have never had to do that. However I have a clean cycle on my washer and I run bleach through it once a month. I do it the first or second day if I forget of each month.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:31 pm

Today has progressed smoothly.
** DD here at 7am and DGD7 to school on time with a happy heart.
** Homeschool Day #136 accomplished. Not our best effort but 90% of the daily curriculums are done.

But then I ran out of "want to". I am most definitely getting better. This morning I managed a half cough without pain rocketing through my chest. I can now take a deeper breathe before the pain starts. I am VERY pleased with this progress.

Although I'm getting better my energy level is low. I just don't feel like driving 70+ miles today, being social and "on". So I called DGS21 and canceled our lunch plans for today. I told DS10 that we were not going to band class this afternoon. I turned the digital babysitter time limit off so he has something to occupy his time while I rest this afternoon. I put myself on the couch with Netflix opened on the laptop.

The dentist office called and said the flu has hit their office. That means our 3 dental appointments for tomorrow have been rescheduled. I can't say that I'm disappointed. I'm glad to not have to deal with sitting in the dental chair for an hour of deep teeth cleaning & checkup tomorrow.

DH's doctor appointment and fasting blood work this morning showed some changes. DH had a long appointment with the doctor discussing several aspects. A couple of hours after his appointment the doctor called DH and continued their discussion. The doctor had done some research and wanted to make some additional changes. DH is pleased with the doctor's effort. DH has lost 9 lbs this past month by eliminating sugar & bread. Tomorrow DH cuts his Metformin in half (diabetic meds). DH has 2 appointments in the next couple of weeks. They are keeping close tabs on his progress.

Lunch has been served.
The dishwasher is running.
>>>>putting my feet up<<<<
I'm going to give some support to NCIS as they solve the next mystery on Netflix. When I get bored with that (probably in about 15 minutes) then I'll switch to watching Youtube videos about cloning plants and gardening in buckets. I won't lose interest in that!
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:58 pm

Hello! I haven't been here yet but am nodding my head yes to Anti Procrastination Day! I tackled that 2nd cushion cover and it went together in a snap (well a slow snap) and I did some sewing on a couple of the buttonholes to reinforce and sewed on 6 buttons. Signed a card, wrote a letter, got that and some other papers I'd kept to give her and packaged up in a box. Drove to post office, all done now.

Wow. Big project off my mind. Doesn't sound like much but it was huge in my brain all this time.

Called her to tell her to expect the package...and she said "what's the occasion" and I told her 1 1/2 months late for her birthday... with something I promised her during our Christmas visit. :oops: She just laughed. Talk about procrastination!

We also did some house maintenance, which had been sitting here waiting so that's a check mark on the list also. We have remote control ceiling fan/lights in all our rooms (2 different brands) and those remote controls wear out. And they go obsolete and can't be replaced. :evil: We've found some on E Bay, but I also had a duplicate we never used... and we reset that to match and fixed one that went bad...so saved $50 this time. Expensive little things.

We looked at some outside light fixtures and determined how to fix instead of replace right now so more $ saved. Waahoo!

DH is coming home with paperwork to do and I have a stack of mending to tackle. It's been a great anti-procrastination day around here.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Dee... your puppy is still a puppy and not reliable yet. I would crate him while no ones home. We do that with Willis even though he’s 10 and trustworthy. I also keep his kennel covered so it’s like a den which makes him feel secrure. We also leave music on for him while we’re gone.

My brother raised two dogs, one a German Shepard and one a lab, to be guide dogs for the blind. He fostered each for two years before he turned them over. The society has very strict rules on how to raises the pups and my brother had to agree to follow them, plus he was required to feed his pups the foods he was told to and he had to attend puppy school with other foster parents once a month.

He was also required to kennel his dogs when there was no one in his home and at night.

Both Willis and Sadie would/will occasionally go into their kennel on their own. Now with Willis I just say... it’s night night time... and he heads for his kennel on his own.

Time to vacuum... just ate lunch and Willis shared my apple. He’s really not feeling good today. He hav Valley Fever. I can tell because he’s clingy with me and he’s not wagging his tail much.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:22 pm

My front-load washer also has a clean cycle. But it has the little door on the front to the drain as well. I had no idea until the repair man was here when we had water on the floor. He figured the drain was blocked but it was clear. We had no error codes, clothes came out clean, but there was a puddle. Later I learned that the wrong kind of soap will overflow water onto the floor. We used the right soap but the washer may have been overloaded.

No additional progress on anything except the book. Which I'm enjoying although I'm pretty sure I've figured out who is attacking the main character and know how the body was stored. I just don't know who the victim is, yet. I certainly don't like the main characters relationship with consumer goods. (Her self worth is tied up in having the latest and greatest.)

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:32 pm

I haven't had much time for posting here for various reasons, but I am making time today to say hello.

Yesterday I had plans to do some paperwork, but had to put that aside. About 10 a.m. ds#1 showed up to do some finishing work on the wallboard that was repaired in the family room. He also put the charger on our car to get the battery charged. Just as we were eating lunch our dgd21K and her dgrandma came with more boxes for us. They stayed the afternoon and helped with packing; we did 18 boxes, most of it was the gem trees in our two display cabinets and books from the entryway shelves. The will be coming back in a few days to help some more.

I've done a load of laundry today and cleaned the bookcases and display cabinets today. I still have a few papers to gather together for the upcoming house closing.

This move is becoming more and more real as the process moves along. We had a contract with an investment company, but they couldn't find a buyer on their end, so backed out. We do have another contract with a family that lives in our neighborhood. They want a house close by them for one of their daughters so they can be close by. They will fix the A/C so the appraisal can be done. Closing should be before the end of the month. Oh, and two days after the first buyer backed away, he called our realtor and said they did get someone interested and would sign another contract; so we have another backup again. 8-)

While we were working yesterday, my dgd21-H called from Virginia to say hello. She is back to school again as well as working at Mary Washington Hosp. She also told us that her dad, ds#3-T hurt his hand somehow. He is to have an MRI to see what's wrong. He also had a sleep study done finally and was diagnosed with sleep apnea. Will have to talk to him to find out more about this stuff.

Hmm, I will have to look at our washer to see if it had a clean cycle or access to the drain. It is a front load machine.

RRose, I like dgd's name, very pretty!

Harmony, so glad you got the pillow covers done!

I just heard the mailman and now dMinnie just put her head on my knee, so she wants something.....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”