PWYC Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: PWYC Thursday

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:57 pm

I'd be drunk as a skunk if I ever got paid in Margaritas for all the mending and sewing I've done around here! Imagine not knowing how to sew on a button... :?

As I do things, more things happen. County person called with stuff that had to be taken care of, necessitated me going through DH email and deleting over and over and over just so I could find what I wanted... and I never did find what I needed.....

But we got the car fixed finally.
I got the refrigerator done. Vacuumed the kitchen and got recyclables out.

Surgery center wants me there Monday morning at 7:00 AM. This is up the interstate an hour's trip and we've never been to this place and I'm not sure where it is, though I have directions printed out... and there is a lot of rush hour traffic going through that big town. I can't eat or drink past midnight. This is going to be hard. I'm not happy.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:00 pm

((((Harmony)))) I don't like staying in hotel rooms but I most definitely would do it if I had those parameters before surgery. There is NO WAY I would want to be stressed out doing a rush hour drive through unfamiliar location the morning of my surgery. Even if everything went perfect and I didn't get lost I would be exhausted from just that effort. (((Hugs))))

Not sure how restful my attempt of keeping myself down is in reality. At least I tried.

DGS12 and DS10 are playing games together online. Lots of conversation and happy sounds. DGS12 is not in school because DSon and family are FINALLY moving to their new-to-them house today. I don't remember when they started remodeling that house but I think it has been 4 or 5 months of full time construction crews working. ANYway, today is moving day for them.

I've cooked 2 meals today.

The clothes closet refrigerator quit. I tracked down a person that had a refrigerator for sale because they are moving. It should be a good fit. ANYway, with a few calls/text my part of this little project is done and now DH is in process of loading up/moving/unloading the refrigerator to the clothes closet.

DBro and I have spent over an hour visiting on the phone today. My heart is full. Precious treasured time.

Our septic system isn't using bleach at its normal rate. DH thought it might be broke. I tracked down the person who installed the system and he came to look at it......yes I opened the door and stood outside talking to him while I was wearing my hot pink fuzzy PJ's. >>>>Just colored me embarrassed<<<<< #RealLife

I've configured the pieces & ingredients for my 2019 War Against Bugs & Fungi on Vegetable Plants plan. I have the ingredients researched to make sure they won't be toxic to ME. I have them gathered in the A-river cart and ready to order. Waaaay too much time spent on this. I might be starting to show symptoms of gardening addiction. Oh, wait....nevermind....those symptoms have been showing for quite a while...

This is the best I can do to have a restful day. Apparently, I'm not very good at this.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:19 pm

I had a good time on this family's genealogy. They are related to most the Jewish families in this town. I got tired of working on it around 12:30 and went upstairs to stamp and was productive, except that my paper trimmer blade suddenly was too dull for a clean cut. I took myself off to MIchaels where I didn't even find my style of trimmer, much less a replacement blade for it. While there, looked at their website and they do have what appears to be a replacement, except that it is orange and mine is blue gray, and it says nothing about size and one can't tell scale from their photo. So I decided to order it online once I got home.

Since I was out and nearby, I went to see dmom and had a good visit. The nurse there said I had just missed the hospice nurse. They both commented on how she's been under hospice care for a year now. I had a nice visit with her - she asked once if I saw my daddy when I came in but didn't bring up anyone else long dead. ;)

Once home, I went online to order the blade and shipping was 6.95 for a product that only cost 8.49 (before the 40% off coupon) and it wouldn't arrive until March 18-20. That's unacceptable. The other store in town has it in stock and I could order online to pick it up there, but I just hate to drive to the big mall area. :o And the way Michaels stores look, particularly the one at the mall, I'm not sure they would find it if I ordered it there.

So going to work on genealogy a little more. I will need to get a good walk in, I'm only at 3200 steps.

LadyM, I was trying to figure out why you had a refrigerator in your clothes closet!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:40 pm

quick hi!!!!

finished my morning to routine!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Completed everything on my list: Steam cleaned my floors, washed all my throw rugs, cleaned the kitchen. watered my sunflowers, completed some orders from a catalog, and gathered all my tax information for Sweetie. Oh and also ordered tickets for a show for Sweeties birthday, Did an hour on my gazelle and about to do one more so I can finish up my steps.

Next: prepare dinner and make a grocery list for tomorrows marketing. I'm in the groove and movin" :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:48 pm

I got the rest of the roof cleared off it looks great 39* outside now and melting is going on yea! Love the sunshine we are excited to see it! Yea! Counting yard work tasks for my exercise today.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:47 pm

I was trying to figure out why you had a refrigerator in your clothes closet!

LOL!
Oops. I should have said the refrigerator is for the ladies to use when they volunteer at the church clothes closet. Some of them volunteer for 20+ hours a week and need a place for their drinks and food.

DS10 has played with friends outside for a couple of hours this afternoon. He also rode his bike to the school and bought a couple of books to support their library fund raising effort. It is raining so he is back home and playing an online game with a different cousin and also with next door neighbor kid.

DGD7 is snuggled up with her tablet. I have turned off the daily time limit on digital babysitter. I'll turn the daily time limit back on when the weather gets better and I'm feeling better. In the meantime.......I am thankful to have something to occupy their time. DGD7 doesn't watch cartoons. She is obsessed with playing word games. The digital version of Kids Scramble is one of her favorites.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:09 pm

Twins' Mom wrote:LadyM, I was trying to figure out why you had a refrigerator in your clothes closet!

So it wasn't just me wondering...

Getting closer to finishing the filing cabinet. I'm in the big mess stage right now. I've made up a list of file labels I have to make but I won't know how things will go together until I actually print and implement.

It looks like my red section is too big (that's permanent files) and my blue might be too big too once I move something from red to blue. I want red (permanent but includes apartment, education, car, bank, loyalty plans and memories - quite the hodge-podge) and orange (remove/replace when new things like policies come in) in the top drawer because they'll be the most often looked at. Blue is archived taxes but I also put the house sale records there and I have no idea where to file estate probate stuff (archive makes sense to me but it is obviously not how the designer thinks.) I'm thinking I'm not using the word "archive" the way the designer of the system does.

There were decade labels (one label for 80 - 89, for example) in archive set so I put those on the folders for copies of our Christmas newsletter. It was started in 1985 so I have over 30 years of those so far to file. I set it up starting in the 1980's and running to 2049. I'll be 89 then. I decided to think long-term and positively, visualizing me still writing annual newsletters and still filing them in this filing cabinet!

Of course, I spent almost an hour reading through some of the older newsletters remembering what life was like when I had little ones. Or when I met you guys (1998 was a particularly busy year.)

I have 2 years of taxes to scan before sending to the shredder. But first I'll see if I have the files on my computer.

I also found my government pension plan information. My work records from 1978 to 2000 all printed out to let me know I was in the system and what my pension could be at age 65. That's lovely but makes it really annoying that I can't sign into the government system to see my records or apply for the pension when I turn 60 if I want to. They told me I have to go in person with my social insurance number, birth and marriage certificate plus government issued photo ID because my account wasn't linked to my married name. But it obviously is since I have a printout with my married name and all my work history under my maiden and married names. Oh well, now I have something else to take in when I go to straighten this out.

The point of this filing system is to make it easy to find something, not just to have a place to put things. That's why I'm struggling to get this set up correctly but once I have it up and running, I shouldn't be adding much to the files, since they are designed for self-purging as well. For instance, the 2018 tax returns will go in Year 8 when they are done. The 2019 will go in the Year 9 folder which currently has 2009 in it. So I'll have to scan and shred that year when I go to file 2019.

In theory, this is the last time I have to spend weeks working on getting the filing under control.

I keep telling myself that.

I just noted the time and I haven't started my dinner yet, so I will have a frozen Stouffers and a salad in order to make it quick and easy. I'm actually looking forward to this dinner and not just because I'm starving!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:20 pm

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:
Twins' Mom wrote:LadyM, I was trying to figure out why you had a refrigerator in your clothes closet!

So it wasn't just me wondering!

Nope, I was trying to picture it too...closest I could come was the small upright freezer we have in our laundry room... :lol:

Dinner and dishes done.
A couple more sewing chores done. Found a button on the laundry room floor. I'll have to check the work shorts I just washed today. This is never ending.

LadyM, I considered the motel room, but knowing DH he would probably want to stay in the cheapest available one up there...blek! He thinks this is a-ok timewise because he gets up by 4:00 in the morning. Great. Not me. If I go to bed earlier, I lay there and can't go to sleep. It's fruitless. sigh...nothing about this has been easy so far.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 pm

Harmony: you are unlikely to sleep that night anyway. On the other hand, arriving exhausted means that you'll be well ready for the rest you'll get that day.

My bedroom is mostly back to order (except for the pile of small boxes on the sea chest.) My makeup is organized and I worked on the junk drawer as well. I gave the top section of my jewelry box a bit of a tidy. It needs a proper clean out though. I found a few pieces for dgdJ0 when she's older. And I made room for the mismatched earrings that were in the junk drawer. I decided to keep several of them and wear them mismatched.

Now to get to bed. I'm overtired.

Tomorrow is dsil's birthday and we'll all be going out for dinner tomorrow night at a Chinese Buffet place, including ds and his gf and two friends of dsil, James and Rose, who are wonderful with dgsM2. He just adores them and tells me all about things he does with them. He love crepes because they bring over their crepe maker and make crepes for him from time to time. Rose knit him an adorable sweater with sailboat and lighthouse buttons and in the video dd took of him showing off his new sweater he said, "Rose made it. (big smile) Not James. (solemn shaking of head)" since every other time he talks about them he says James and Rose. Even when we were talking about dgdJ0's name, I said her name started with J, he said "And James starts with J!"

Tomorrow dgs will be overwhelmed since he's with all his favourite people in the world!

So I shall get off to bed so I can have a good start to the day and get the filing cabinet mess cleared up before dh gets home.

Return to “Post When You Can”