Finish up Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Finish up Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:16 am

Pick one project or to-do item and work on finishing that before the end of the day.

That way you can start the weekend with an accomplishment!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Finish up Friday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:22 am

I know I won't completely finish the filing cabinets today but I can at least get things better organized and clear the dining table into one of the file archive boxes so I know where to begin next week (that pile is a mixture of filing and data entry - 354 months of data entry - so I know that won't get done today!)

I started the day well and then there was a knock on the door and in came ds! He was here to borrow a saw. We went over the pile of files I have for him and I'll curate them a bit. He too didn't remember ever getting a grade of 99% and was surprised that his grades weren't as bad as we both remembered. Part of it is in comparison to his sister. Part of it is the dyslexia making so many courses difficult. He remembers hating private school, I remember loving it because he learned so well there! I also know how much worse it would have been to spend middle school at our local school.

If I get my act together, I'll have his file cleaned out for tonight.

Now, to get started on the filing. I'd say 75% of the purging is done (except investment files) so I'm ready to put what's left away in an organized manner.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:23 am

In the daily routine category, the bed is made, the dish drainer is emptied, I've done tea/chocolate/light and I've refilled the humidifiers.

I do need to s2s as well.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:25 am

Hi!

I've been up since around 6. So far I have run the dishwasher, run the Roomba, made a 2 lb. white bread in the bread machine, tried to finish my first cup of tea, wiped out the tea/coffee cupboard and straightened it out. Texted one friend. Played on FB. Checked emails. Made the bed. Moved 3 empty containers closer to the door.

We are going out for pizza tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:56 am

Aaaannnnd we're getting rain again today. :( Today is off and on with some thunder this evening. Heavy rains and possibly severe T-storms come in tomorrow afternoon/evening. I need to walk the dog but going to wait until a break in the rain.

I have the day wide open to finish up stuff although we're going to temple tonight and out for dinner with friends after. I made a reservation for dinner and asked for a table in the quieter parts of the restaurant, tho. Tonight at temple marks the one year anniversary of my brother's passing.

Dcleaning lady is here working her magic.

-brush and floss when dcleaning lady is done in bathroom
-call vet about refill for dMuffin
-address bat mitzvah card from January, lay it aside for dh to write something (he attended, I was away)
-write a sympathy note, address and get ready to mail
-call durable medical goods pharmacy for CPAP mask/tubing replacement

A couple of these are antiprocrastination tasks...
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:00 am

Morning...

I’m up and ready to start my day. I accomplished a lot yesterday. Cleaned my floors with my new steam cleaner, watered my sunflowers which are just being to poke their heads out front under the soil and spent time on my desk.

My friend is coming for a visit tomorrow which is always fun. Sweetie adores her and we always have a great time together. My guest room is always ready so I don’t need to stress over it.

Today I need to do a grocery run and color my hair later on. Going to to do some laundry as well.

Have no idea what dinner will be. Need to think about it. Plus I I plan to make beef stew for tomorrow as well as some banana bread for the weekend. The Clysdesdales are in town on Sunday so Twig and I are going to see them.

Off to start my day and to see where it takes me ..
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:02 am

I'm up and slowly getting 'at it'. I'm fighting a cold or something. Don't feel too bad right now, after taking cold meds first thing, but I'm very sleepy. Perhaps the cold med is making me so.

I'm trying to do just one thing and then rest. So, I've made the bed, had breakfast and put away the clean dishes. Think now I'll go do up dishes from last night.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:59 am

is it Friday all ready!!! how is that possible?

wishing you all a great day.
today is zone work day.
put away day as well

off to do morning routine
paperwork routine is done.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:30 pm

I finally finished those five with a few detours along the way. Still raining but I am heading out to Michaels, the post office and CVS. I'll s2s before we go out to temple tonight. No use spending a lot of time on my hair later, the humidity will flatten it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:45 pm

I am up and have the writing stuff done, yea h is workong.
I am posting from the stat bike. I have had breakfast.
Finshing up curtian project for me I need to cut some to length is on my radar..
Waving to all.

Return to “Post When You Can”