Happy Saturday! how is inch by inch working for you.

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Happy Saturday! how is inch by inch working for you.

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Ate up the rest of the bag salad and filled the bowl to 4 cups with the spinach leaves I have in the fridge. Both were 2 days past their best-before dates. The salad had some dodgy lettuce I pulled out but the spinach looked just fine. Added in some cheese and gluten-free crackers to fill me up a bit more.

Then I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm up to 5500 steps so far so will cross 9K for the day. This will not get me to a 6K steps average per day for the week (I spent too much time doing file sorting so while exhausted from standing at the end of the day, didn't get many steps this week.) But it might help me get to 5K average per day.

Now to start in on data entry. I'll start with the current stuff. I want to keep up to date where I am up to date so it is always highest priority. I'm still trying to figure out a way to motivate me to do the 360 months that need updating in the investment section of Quicken. Not all months are equally difficult so an even reward for each month isn't fair (unless I do the hardest months first and don't pay out until all months are done!)

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:34 pm

hello again. had a lovely time with d cousin and her dd and dh. so much fun. roads are bad and could barely see when driving home but well worth it.

I did most of my weekly zones before leaving. I am not doing my swish and swipe today but that's okay.

hope you are all well.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:51 pm

H is at a trade show. I rounded up more thinkgs for the potting shed. I need to get the laundry into the dryer. Sun is shining today and snow is still melting off the roof.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:24 pm

So glad we all decided against going to an early dinner together (pastor/wife & a 2nd couple). I was sounding better through the morning, but this afternoon -not so much. I've coughed and am feeling achy. We were supposed to meet at 4:30. As I said, I'm glad we decided not to go.

DD is fixing fajitas for dinner. Right now she's out exercising the 'puppy'.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:38 pm

Aw, Dee, I'm sorry you are coughing! Have garlic with your fajitas, for respiratory! (sounds delish, btw)

I fielded a long phone call from HRH's mother, with him shaking his head no, he didn't want to talk to her, lol. She knows no short stories.

Condensed my 4-page study lesson to 1 page for one of our students who wanted more of an outline of the 2 chapters.

Worked on the redrafting of a very complicated quilt block. Outwardly complaining, I realized I was inwardly delighted with the complication of it. Did me good.

HRH and I went out on errands. Rain, rain.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi
Kathryn I can't remember if you or Ken were travelling through Toronto's airport, so I cut and pasted this for you.

"Anyone who was at Pearson Airport on Feb 22. between the hours of 6:20 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. may have been exposed to the virus." Someone from the Niagara region has measles. :shock:
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:38 pm

Cathy: we weren't there but thanks for drawing my attention to it. We've both had the measles so are immune but still, it concerns dd so we still have a "don't worry" answer for her.

I did the current data entry and then we walked over to the pub for dinner in the sunshine. It was home in the dark and I got a chill so I'm having tea right now. I'm at 9.5K steps for the day. While at the pub, I drew up next week's spread in my bullet journal. It needs to be filled in but it is drawn up. Actually, I should probably draw up the following week as well since we're away over the weekend. That way I don't have to bring my planner with me (weight/space is at a premium.)

We got home at 7 but both felt it was much later so ran around resetting all the clocks in the apartment so we'll switch over now to the new time.

I'll try and work on the investment data entry now. If I can get that done, then I can use that success to motivate me to continue.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:57 pm

Had to empty catch water buckets again, glad the snow on the roof is diminishing, down but not gone. Got a few more things done around here. H is on his way with dinner. Laundry is dry. I got a pic. Posted on fb Of the curtians I moved to the kitchen.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Today has been the best day I've had in what seems like a long time. It was beautiful sunshine 70F weather so everyone spent the afternoon outside. Both kids played outside while DH worked on some stuff and I played in the garden.

I have completed 45 SHE cards today. Everything takes longer than it should because it has been so long since many of the cards have been done. I have ignored everything that safely be ignored for the past couple of weeks. It doesn't take long for things to slide back into chaos. It feels good to be getting things back into order.

Today in the garden:
** Microgreen experiment #1 was started. I'm using Red Arrow Sprouting Radish Seeds. I should have waited until Monday to start but the excitement got the better of me.
** I dumped & cleaned out an earthbox. Mixing the used potting mix with new in a separate tub.
** I filled 2 containers with potting mix and planted Radishes (Red Arrow) in them.
** I replaced some garlic that was heaved to the top of the soil in the last freeze. They were well rooted but I think the soil was too loose? Not sure why the garlic bulbs were on top of the ground but maybe they will continue growing since they are underground again.
** Cloned another tomato plant.

We have a new neighborhood boy that came over for the first time today. He has a severe potty mouth and bad habits. Really bad. F this and F that. He spits and pinches. Hopefully, he will see how the other neighborhood kids act and this can be easily solved. I'm going to talk to the boy and explain how I expect kids to act when they are at my home. Hopefully, he will be willing to change his ways when he is playing here. Ugh.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:48 pm

That is a problem, LadyM! (The new boy.) I hope the good influence and discipline of your home will rub off on him soon!

Dee (((Hugs))) I must have the same thing... just achy and coughing... sore throat... laryngitis ... I am miserable. I slept most of the way home while dh was on the phone with ds. Dgs keeps wanting me to play with him and I am just sooo tired. Dh doesn’t feel much better. We’re just not very much fun tonight for a little fellow. :(
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”