SUNDAY -CLOCKS AHEAD DAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

SUNDAY -CLOCKS AHEAD DAY

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:43 am

Did you reset your clocks? Not sure how much of our SHEs go on DST this weekend.

I spent a good share of the night coughing, Would sit up and suck on cough drops. Finally opened a bottle of cough syrup about 4am and that seemed to quell things. Didn't really cough again until after I was up. Obviously I was a lot more congested than I thought. Then I tried to eat scrambled eggs for breakfast -they were making me cough more so I gave that up. Think I'll give this up for now and go take some cough syrup and see if that helps me. I do have the new nebulizer that my Dr up north had prescribed for me. May try it when dh gets back from church.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Re: SUNDAY -CLOCKS AHEAD DAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:20 am

hello!!!

d dee I am so sorry you have such a cough!!! praying your chest cold starts going away and you feel better!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:41 am

We did our clocks at 7 p.m. last night. Just my watches and the car are left to do. I should do the watches now (some are still correct from the fall!)

I'm slow moving today. Big snowstorm outside so the traffic is muffled due to the snow and the fact that it is slower moving as well.

I've got dinner out to defrost and my lunch defrosting too.

We are visiting neighbours at 2. Their events for today were cancelled due to the snow and we've been saying "we must visit" each time we see each other on the elevator so today we are making it happen.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:49 am

Hi!

No snow here as it is actually ABOVE zero!! It's extremely windy. No rain, which is good. I have a lake in my backyard.

As soon as I woke up dh wanted to go out for brunch, so we went. Now he wants to do filing for the business. UGH! I have truly been avoiding this.

But first, I need to start a load of laundry.

Supper is steak apparently. It's defrosted and in the fridge.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:55 am

Yep we set the clock ahead before bed last night, all except my watch I have to wait a day to tweak my Rx time schedule takes a day or two.
Tested out the curtians I made they were too long, so I had to get them re-hemmed & done this week. We have trails with no snow in the back yard and 6" of snow in other areas, the front on the south side of the house is nearly all melted off.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:35 pm

I've started in with more investment paper sorting. It is depressing how much I missed getting to the shred-it day. I'm looking at these papers and trying to think whether I need them or not. If something is sold, I try and match it with the buy notice because then both pieces of paper can leave. For some sold, I can't find the bought but these are things that happened almost a decade ago and I have to reassure myself I shouldn't need the paper since it was declared on my taxes a long time ago. \

Still, I'm not overly confident of what I'm doing.

I'm taking a lunch break now to steady my nerves.

I hear dh finally actually playing the guitar so that's a step in the right direction for prepping for our performances in 10 days.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:45 pm

Only the clocks/watches that reset themselves are reset. The one in my stamping area never was reset last fall so it's good. The rest still need resetting. I'll get them to them sometime today. I've read the paper and have been puttering around. Dh and ds went to C osto and we'll have burgers and corn on the cob for supper with dkids over.

Harriet, the rain has stopped here. It's partly cloudy but I'll take it over the torrential rain last night.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Yipes - sorry you had yet more torrent, Twins'. Looks like your storm dissipated and went "under" my area with just sporadic rain this morning. Don't know how we got that lucky this time here. We expect another waiting game in the mist until Thursday evening (yay, a breather) and then a downpour that should last into the afternoon on Friday, at least. Can't seem to count on any span of time to dry out. Everyone here is telling rain jokes - "Yeah, the gardens really needed that moisture ... .." - and various frog, toad and duck stories. Feel so sorry for dear truck-farming cousin, who can plan nothing. (and therefore I won't get a gift of early tomatoes!)

That makes me think of LadyM and her microgreens experiments - hope they are fun for you and do well.

Kathryn, it's good to hear you are noticing such clearheadedness (not likely a word) and getting number-crunching done.

Yes, I did get all the clocks handled last evening, probably because of chat here. Our bass singer, however, didn't remember until 3 in the morning when he stirred and saw a clock face didn't match his watch. So glad he made it!

I got a poster made for the bulletin board I'm fretting over, about donations to the publishing house that sends the small devotionals without charge. With just that much more color, the board looks almost springlike now. I had intended to start adding eggs as further border soon, but will probably leave that off, as we've had to decide that we simply won't have enough children to host an Easter Egg Hunt this year.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:06 pm

Dh set our clocks last night. Except I did notice our clock that shows the time /temp on the ceiling was still showing the old time at 4am. But at 6 I noticed it changed. Dh did say he needs to set the Bose radio.

The guy was sick last week & now me. I was so hoping to miss this.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:38 pm

hello dear ones.

d dee!

d harriet! praying for the farmers!

d twins! glad the huge rains stopped!

d kathryn! praying for steady nerves!

d nancy! cheering you on through sewing your curtains this week

d cathy! yay being above 0 - the geese will probably enjoy the temporary lake in your yard.

hello all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”