SUNDAY -CLOCKS AHEAD DAY

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: SUNDAY -CLOCKS AHEAD DAY

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:44 pm

made 2 meals for this week and have an idea for the remainder of the week.
I am not into asian food that much but I did make 2 dishes

pioneer woman noodles with sauce and steak, stir fry frozen veggies with garlic salt (a bit) (rest of the steak will be ground up for patties)

other is skinny taste teriyaki pork (dd) and chicken (dh and I) with pineapple salsa
asian is not a favourite for me. I do love sushi though

this week I am going to make some chicken burgers (dh is not thrilled with chicken or turkey burgers)

I have 1/2 a tin of jalapeño's that need using.. thinking I will use it with the corn, cilantro etc. and beans or chick peas.

maybe an omelette with veggies without cheese.

I also made carrots/parsnips with deal, then cauliflower with broccoli for this week. so all veggies are ready for me during the week. i have lettuce, cucumber, tomato if I want a salad. maybe with the corn, cilantro etc. who knows but they are easily ready for me.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Blessed - You menu plans sound soooo tasty! POTB!

Only the clocks/watches that reset themselves are reset.

This is my method of dealing with the time change. DH is the one that changes the other clocks. I don't pay any attention to those clocks and only notice them when they need dusting. ;)

I am soooo very VERY thrilled to be feeling better. My energy level is rising. Today is my last day of steroids. I got up feeling great this morning and made plans to attend church. DH questioned whether that would be the best decision. The pleurisy is 90% better but I still can't take a deep breath without pain (yet). There is a highly contagious stomach virus going rampant in our community. My FB feed is full of friends & family with high fever & nausea. The very last thing I want is to get that. So I made the decision to stay home.

I spent 4 hours this morning PUPA, cleaning, organizing and just generally piddling around the house. I didn't go fast but I was steady doing things and didn't feel the need to take breaks. It feels sooo good to be feeling better.

DD came and got DGD7 and will spend several hours with her. DD will drop DGD7 off here around 5pm on her way to work.

DS10 is playing outside with neighborhood friends. I haven't see the new kid today. The other neighborhood kids are generally well mannered and no major bad habits. They are 100% boys and do some foolish things but generally are good influences. Foolish things = let's see how high we can stack things and jump off it.....or jump over it.....who can pedal their bikes the fastest and launch from the ramp....etc
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:08 pm

hi d lady! I too am thrilled you are feeling better!!!! what a blessing!
oh my gosh -- I remember that boy thing when I baby sat - I also had girls exactly the same especially if they had brothers.

have a great afternoon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:39 pm

I had to do more tweaks on the curtians they were too full and lopsided. Disguarded one panel, & split the other one then hemmed the part I cut. I am finally happy with them yea, I learned to not give up.

Took out the used coffee grounds. Boiled eggs the peels will go out later after I peel them. It has warmed up to 31* outside here.
Put away a few things in the pantry. Dusted the tv stand in the basement, and picked up after sewing adventures.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:13 pm

Back from visiting with neighbours.

They are young couple with a 4 month old daughter. He is the son of someone from my refugee committee. She is Persian, came here for school, got a job and then got a husband and baby!

My friend from the committee's daughter gave her a grandchild a few months before this child was born and the daughter doesn't have a car so she helps out her daughter a lot, and doesn't spend much time with this family. The young woman is dying for a mother-figure so dh and I became Aunt and Uncle immediately.

I can't imagine trying to raise a child completely on my own. She says she talks with her mother daily using WhatsApp and the baby recognizes her grandmother on the computer screen.

Anyway, we visited for 2.5 hours. The baby fell asleep on dh for a while and she and I played in the bedroom for a bit. She's just at the age where she's getting interesting but also a little strange so they were amazed she was as comfortable with us as she was. That doesn't surprise me, we're pretty easy going with kids, confident but not overbearing. A good combination.

I got home to a message from dsil asking for a sleepover tomorrow night. I'm tired right now so it is hard to say yes. I'm also making some progress on paperwork and that would have to stop. So I've given a "we'll see" answer.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Hello to everyone!!!!
All our ducks are back in their rows, so to speak. DS, DDIL, and dgd got home around 7:00 pm and we returned dgs to his own home. :) We told him we will miss him after having him with us so long. The sad part is, he went home with a 102 temperature! :o :cry: He was just fine all day -- running around and playing like the Energizer bunny... and then when we got in the car to go eat supper and go to Wmart, he said he wasn't hungry & fell asleep in the drive-thru at McD's. He woke up and rode in the buggy all around Wmart, but we could tell he didn't feel well, and after we got home, he ate a can of spaghetti-o's and immediately went back to sleep in the recliner. :cry: I hate so much that we sent him home sick... especially since I feel sorta like Typhoid Lucy, anyway. I've got the worst sore throat ever and I cannot speak above a whisper. Went to church this morning (mainly b/c dgs said last night that he wanted to go, when I told him I didn't feel good and neither did his dgd.) * SIGH * I've probably given this crud to half the town by now.

I'm coughing, too, and it hurts my throat when I cough. I took Nyquil last night and that seemed to help a little bit -- at least I slept -- but I have felt miserable all day long. I am so glad I am retired. At least I don't have to think about getting a substitute and making out lesson plans. After taking his temperature, DDIL said dgs will be staying home tomorrow.

All my Sunday chores are done except s/s the kitchen, watering plants, and refilling meds. I got the laundry caught up this afternoon and now DH has started washing towels.

What is your best home remedy for a sore throat? Like dh, I don't know what good it would do to go to the doctor; I don't think I have a fever. But this cough is awfully tight, and my throat is killing me. Lots of sinus drainage, too.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:41 pm

Lucylee, warm water with salt gargle. That's what I usually do for a sore throat. Seems to make the pain less.

My internal "clock" is so messed up. I am simply unable to go to bed early and get up early. I have tried and tried. Last night I barely slept at all. Awake and up early but so tired after church and getting some lunch I toddled off to bed and woke up 5:45. :o

We had to be at small group at 6:00 and left as quick as possible and got there just a couple minutes late. Lady there who went to same eye dr. gave me different directions...so I checked and yes I had printed out the wrong office. Did it over and finally got the right one. This is a bit closer but they say it takes a few minutes longer to get there. Who really knows? It was a different map sight.

We'll just follow the Garmin up and see where it takes us. I don't know what's wrong with us, must be our age. We get lost so quickly, DH and I. It doesn't help that I can't read street signs until I'm right on top of them. Hopefully this surgery will correct that problem.

Jumping in shower, then off to bed. 4:00 comes mighty early. I could sleep an hour later, but I'm allowed to take my pills and I need water with that and cutoff is 5:00. Boy, I'll be glad to have this over.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:46 pm

LucyLee: Like Harmony said, warm water and salt gargle. Also sucking on frozen blueberries.

I've finished the first 48 months of data entry for one of dh's registered accounts. I'll do his US$ version of that account tomorrow morning.

I've told dsil I will take dgs tomorrow. That means lunch out with him and having to cook a dinner for him tomorrow night.

Plus get all my weekly houseblessing done before I go meet them for lunch.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:47 pm

Praying for you, Harmony!!! (((HUGS)))

Going to gargle w/salt water. That was always my daddy's go-to remedy, too, but in my experience, the effect is NOT lasting. Soothing while doing it, but no long-lasting relief... I may drink some hot tea too.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:08 am

Will be praying for you, Harmony!

lucylee, sleep on a wedge - would that help? Drink plenty of water. Honey and lemon helps some people. If you take vitamin D, double up right now. Garlic has a long history of folk medicine recommendations for respiratory troubles in Europe. Couldn't hurt. Dairy increases sinus drainage, so go easy on it.

Return to “Post When You Can”