Monday's Vision for the Week

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Monday's Vision for the Week

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:34 am

What vision do you have for the week? How do you "see" your plans going?

DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: Monday's Vision for the Week

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:52 am

I'm envisioning being well again! I'm working on it. Meantime I think I'll try working 3-5 minutes at a time. That's it. Just 'starting' things here.

Dh has gone to next town south to get the oil changed and tires rotated. We were supposed to meet friends for lunch a couple of towns east but now she's sick. Well, I am too, so all the more reason not to get together.

I really need to get my head working on what needs to go north with dh. He'll be leaving in two weeks and I keep procrastinating.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:58 am

Setting up a waiting room for Harmony today for her eye surgery. Isn't that this a.m.? Flavored sparkling water, juices, coffee and tea, some pastries and fruit to make the waiting pleasant. I don't know when we'll hear from her? Will she be able to check in this afternoon?

I have a quiet day - dh out for bowling tonight, a phone call w genealogy friend at 4 p.m., and need to run a couple of errands.

I just reduced my Fitbit goal back to 50K for the week, about 7K daily. I haven't made the 56K goal in weeks, since before the colonoscopy on 13 Feb when the Trigeminal Neuralgia kicked into high gear. I wouldn't have made 50K this week but it's a goal that I can reach for and try to build the habit again. I've resisted using the treadmill for some reason, and getting to 8K daily in the rain has been beyond what I would do.

We are cloudy again after a gorgeous party cloudy/sunny day yesterday. Dh and I drove around and went to an open house - this house needed updating, was small and cost more than our house, but was in a highly desired neighborhood. Location, location, location.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 am

Yes, I believe you're right, Twins. Think she said she had to be at the surgical center at 7 maybe? She's probably done by now and I wish her quick healing. Think I'll have some of that sparkling water while I sit and wait with you.

Arrggghhh! I missed wishing Lord Maverick a Happy Birthday yesterday. So tell him, Lady M, that we wish him another healthy and good year!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:18 am

Good morning, Dee! Get well wishes!

I thought of vision this morning because Harmony is proactively helping hers today. :) Looking forward to hearing from her later.

Thinking of "just starting", Dee, I had to smile because this a.m. Twins' Mom asked in A,C and N thread whether Harmony makes quilts; that she knew Harriet did. The answer is that Harriet and Harmony both start quilts. Harmony reaches a lot more finishes!

so this is part of my vision for the week - continuing on toward a finish of my quilt in progress.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:24 am

As far as a vision for the week, I'd like to get some portfolio mojo back. ;) Along with some decluttering and other household stuff...and perhaps ds' tax return, which he asked about. And a pedicure.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:20 am

My vision is the idea of 50* outside temps by Sunday! Yea no snow. I need to consider potting soil seeds containers and such. My vision never includes weeds LOL! H. Is here this morning on call today. Tomorrow rain snow mix is in our forecast so tweaking my plan some. Waving to everyone.
17* 39* todays temps.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:34 am

My vision for the week is of me hanging on by my fingernails!

I'm up and at it. Had meant to get the houseblessing started or even done by now but I haven't even started it yet. I did get another of dh's accounts (the easiest one) entered into Quicken this morning and I signed into the online system (not easy since I didn't know my password, so had to call in) and checked to see if all the statements are still visible online. Nope. But I may not be missing more than a few months and this is a tax-free account so I can fudge stuff. My goal is to get the numbers up-to-date but not having exactly which investment paid dividends doesn't matter as long as I show dividends being put in the account.

I've updated LastPass with the account information so dh (and my heirs) will have access to it in the future.

I got the laundry done this morning.

Next up is vacuum the bedroom and then set up the bed for dgsM2. I leave in just over an hour to meet them for lunch and then bring him back here.

Donna's Lifestyle

Postby Donna's Lifestyle » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:49 am

Good Morning Ladies
My vision for the week, is to get back to a normal routine, what ever that may be
We are all over the flu, and was starting to return to normal, when my father passed away, he was 91 years old, and in failing health for the past few years, we were so blessed to have him for as long as we have.
Our attention now is Mom, she and dad were married 70 years and were high school sweethearts before that. She is and will be lost without him.
While my brother is in town the rest of this week and the Grands on Spring break, I hope to take advantage and play catch up with the house/laundry/bills and gathering needed stuff to get taxes done.
Hope you all are doing well,have not done much computer time lately.
Hope to be back later:)

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:55 am

(Donna), condolences to you in the death of a parent, and gratitude that he had such a long life and wonderful long marriage.

Norma, are you settled into recuperation mode and feeling better? I was thinking we didn't have anyone else dealing with too much medical right now, but you were our most recent hospital patient and might have more med stuff in your life, still, than you want!

i did a procrastination chore and changed the hall lightbulbs that were out - 4 out of 7 needed it. They are those small-based ones and the main hallway light has 5, the wall sconce 2. That much light isn't necessary, so we often neglect that chore until we are truly inconvenienced. I think I dread it because it means working with the fragile glass fixture covers. I wrote the date and info on the package of leftovers with a sharpie - we're using 2 brands and I'd like to know which one lasts longer. Vision is clearer there now!

Return to “Post When You Can”