Monday's Vision for the Week

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday's Vision for the Week

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:42 pm

(((Donna))) Loss of a parent is hard. I was just thinking of my dad this morning while working on our finances (we are in excellent shape because of his spending lessons and his savings becoming a reasonable inheritance although dh was relieved at the time that dh had earned enough to give us a good retirement, Dad's contribution is for the special stuff.)

I got the vacuuming and dusting done and the bed set up for dgsM2. I've also pulled out the toys. Vacuuming and dusting go much faster now that the clutter is minimized in here.

I need to leave in a minute to meet the others at the restaurant. They've chosen to drive because it is a bit of miserable day, but I still have to walk since the walk home will form dgsM2's naptime.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:16 pm

(Donna) Thinking of you.

Today I have emptied the trash, shooed h. Out of the living room so I could vacuum and get back to my routines. I sorted out jeans that I do not love or do not fit.

H was a bit put out but glad I did that he got to sorting a few things out of his tool room. Put some nails down there that were in the shop :roll: .
I sorted a few things I had stash out on the shop, emptied out some other things for holding plants in the plant cage. We moved 3 boards of lumber that I can use for supports and bedding borders for plants that will climb, beans, mini ghost pumpkins etc. Got my seed tote cleaned out. Thought of the egg cartons paper mache type might be an option if I want to do some seed starting. I am trying to decide if that is going to work for us or not. I do not want to string an electrical cord out to it for grow lights and heat lamps and cover it with plastic bc of the freezing temps. Not sure how cost effective that would be. I have been looking in to various kinds of plant food, quite a bit to learn.

H just left for work and the sun is out.

Forecast is more snow tomorrow then sun and warmth later in the week.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:48 pm

(((Donna))) My heart and thoughts are with you as you deal with the loss of your father.

Taking a seat in the Harmony surgery waiting room.....

Homeschool Day #137 is almost done. DS10 is finishing up the last Grammar assignment.

DH has run some errands this morning. Most of them are for the church business.

The rest of the day appointments -
** 3:45 pick up DGD7 from school
** 6:00 take DGD7 to her spring musical performance at school. DD bought new clothes for DGD7 to wear tonight and they are laid out and ready for her to put on. DGD7 enjoys being on stage and performing so she is looking forward to it.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Another reason I like the Air Fryer. DS10 is able to safely cook (with supervisor). He is making Mozerrella Cheese Sticks. It's a failure on the healthy meter but a Win on learning life skills.

I feel like a chemist this morning mixing an Antifungal Mix to spray on Microgreens and other vegetable plants. I learned how to do this during my binge watching of Youtube when I was sick.

I am in waiting mode for DSon to get back with me so I can finalize the hotel reservations. I found something online that shows a different date than DSon told us. DGS12 rocked his performance in the gymnastic state level this past weekend. So now he will be competing in Regionals next month. DGS12 takes after his Dad in that he doesn't tell his achievements. I talked to DGS12 on Saturday after the state competition and he didn't mention that he won. He just said he was tired and glad it was over.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
1. Know what you want.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Dear Donna, I am so sorry to your, your d mom and your dear family at the loss of your sweet dad! So hard. My love and prayers are with you all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:16 pm

spoke to dd younger... mom is having some depression issues since she hurt her hip - even though not broken - same with rib. She is not going out and hasn't gotten her hair cut etc. When she is in this (inside her head) mode she stays in it more and more. dd is calling moms dr. it's been difficult. I can't afford to fly down right now to give dd a break.

dd younger has been horribly itchy for months now and instead of internal it finally broke out in a huge rash and pimples all over her body. the dermatologist has no idea what she is allergic to - thinking it could be the birth control meds they put her on to control the bleeding. if she has to get off of that I won't be surprised if she has to have a hysterectomy. She is in her early 20's so we are keeping prayers going that they can find something other than being full time on birth control (they no longer let her have a cycle because she her body goes into pain shock and stress and they can't control the cycle from her being hospitalized. keeping fingers crossed on both.

time to continue on my path of home blessing!

hi d lady, d nancy, d harriet, dearest Donna, d kathryn, d twins. d dee, d harmony and all....cheering everyone on.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:17 pm

Sending condolences and blessings during a rough time, Donna. Know your priority now is your dmom and we think of you in that process.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:52 pm

I have ((((Donna))) on my mind as I contemplate her parents being married for 70 years. WOW!

I am trying hard to not get frustrated. The pain is returning in my upper abdomen/left side of the chest. The steroids meds were finished yesterday. I've become used to moving in a way so the pain is minimized. This afternoon when I couldn't sit because the pain I decided to walk in the sunshine for 20 minutes in hopes that it would make it feel better. I think that may have helped.....or it just made me feel better overall. I am a bit shocked how weak I've become over the past couple of weeks of reduced activity. I have a follow up doctor appointment in 9 days. Hum....trying to decide whether to wait or call and move the appointment up.
1. Know what you want.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:57 pm

If you're wondering which to do, then probably you should call and get their take on it? Wishing good things for you.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:26 pm

((Donna)) Thinking of you and your family on your father's passing. Your mother will be very much affected, even tho she knew he was in failing health.

I've puttered some on portfolio stuff. Summarized where I am and I'm frustrated that a year and a half in, I can't say I've finished any one part of it. I am going to try to finish at least the first two major parts soon so I feel I have some completion and momentum. Talked to genealogy dfriend E and she has had an unproductive month as well because her son got married. Both of us are questioning at times why we want to do this. I also stamped a bit and feel like the day has slipped away from me. I did go out to get the ddog's meds at least.

I was going to make some chicken salad but realized I don't have carrots to put in it.

LadyM, is it too late to call Dr's office today?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”