Monday's Vision for the Week

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Norma

Re: Monday's Vision for the Week

Postby Norma » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:28 pm

Thanks for thinking of me. This has been a real struggle. 81 yo with double pneumonia is no cake walk. I feel weak as a kitten and my digestive health is really taking a hit. Anti-biotics are a life saver but kill all the good stuff too. Thanks again.
I go to nature to be soothed and healed , and to have my senses put in order. John Burroughs

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Dinner is almost ready. Someone found the walk back to Nana's far too interesting to nap. So I will be shooting for an early bed tonight.

Dinner, then bath, then books and hopefully he will fall asleep easily. He must be exhausted.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:10 pm

We'll be waiting to hear you're well and healthy again, Norma. ((((Hugs))))
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:25 pm

My vision for the week is getting my credit card debt paid off with the extra paycheck this month. Then, I will start throwing money at the car loan. Once those are gone, only the house remains.

This weekend was productive with an extreme clean of the stove, painting of a door, and best of all FINISHING the Christmas crochet. All I need to do is mail it. I have decided to send the package to my parents' house rather than to my brother's house. I am not even sure if he is seeing his daughters from the first marriage anymore after giving the oldest's room to his stepdaughter. Dumb dumb dumb dumb. How could he possibly think that would go over well? My mom agrees that it is best for her to pass out the presents. And she still thinks it's SUCH a GOOD IDEA that my brother remairried and the girls' mother has a man living with her, because the absolute worst sin a person can commit is to be different. (I must be going straight to perdition).

I had to skip church because the cat coordinator scheduled a vet trip for Alfie at a bad time. He probably has a blocked tear duct, which is not medically significant. However, it makes him look like he has an eye infection, so we will have to get is corrected for him to be adopted. Yep, cosmetic surgery on a cat. Scarface, one of my fosters from a decade ago, had the same surgery.

I am thinking of Donna and Harmony.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:35 pm

Back from town, got seeds at the dollar store, some hanging baskets, jiffy pots for planting seeds in and potting soil at the other place. It was good to get out in the sunshine and walked the dog a bit.worked on the dailies todwy, and some weeklies as well.

Dinner is over.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:46 pm

Norma - It's so good to see you posting! (((Gentle Hugs)))

DGD7 home from school - check!
Listen to DGD7 read her book (homework) - check!
Feed kids - check!
DGD7 into her spring theme clothes for the program - Check!

DS10 has 3 neighborhood friends here this afternoon. They are riding bikes and taking turns on the ramps. The new neighbor kid doesn't join them when they do active things. He seems to be more attracted to playing online games.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:59 pm

I walked and am up to 7500 steps so that's good for today. Fairly productive few hours on portfolio work. This little section isn't done but I did make progress.

I love our little neighborhood. Tonight there were people walking, jogging and walking their dogs, and the smell of charcoal for cooking out, and one neighbor was on his screened porch singing and practicing guitar. Just too pleasant for words. And a neighbor just posted in our little Facebook group that she had just seen a coyote and I responded that I would love to see one someday! I never look out at the right time! Another neighbor told me he saw a doe and fawn in my yard recently.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:23 pm

(Donna) (Norma)

The brightnedss of the screen is making my head / eye ache. I am typing without looking at the screen.

Today was not what I thought it would be. Trip up was in the darkness and a lot of fog. It's not such a bad trip once we know where it is.

I was there 2 1/2 hours. To shorten the story, I am wondering if some of the drops they used actually got enough into my eye. A lot of them rolled down my face. I could tell I was dialated.

For the actual operation, they brought DH into an adjacent room with a window where he could actually watch it with a nurse. Nurse remarked that the dr. was there quite a bit longer than he usually is.

My eye was not 100% deadened. I could feel stabbing stuff going on. Was he operating with an ice pick?

Nurse kept (sounded like) yelling for me to look to my left. Was my eye rolling around? I wonder. Iknow I kept saying it hurt. Not pleasant.

Twilight sleep still wearing off after all these hours. Stayed in bed all day except to get up over and over to use bathroom. Where did all that fluid come from? They gave me 2 painpills after and I didn't hae my brain going enough to ask how long they lasted. I am going to take a Tylenol and hope that helps. The drops burn when I use them. Food all has a funny taste.

When sunlight came in the window things I tried to see from that eye were redish. That eye is all blurry still. Tomorow afternoon I go for post-op visit and I will ask some questions then. They told me I'd get more sedation for the next one, so it's either how I reacted or something with my eyes...don'tknow, but I will ask.

Thank you all for thinking of me. DH has been pretty attentive. Concerned that I'm not eating big plates of food. Anyway, I'm sure tomorrow will be better.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:15 pm

Harmony (((Big Hugs))) That sounds awful! Praying tomorrow is MUCH better.

(((Donna)))

My throat is still killing me. Still no fever. Probably will make a doctor's appt tomorrow anyway.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”