Tuesday with a clearer picture

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Tuesday with a clearer picture

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:06 am

What are you hoping to clear up this week? Maybe even complete today?
Are you getting a clearer picture of something that interests you?

30th Anniversary of The World Wide Web today.

BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Tuesday with a clearer picture

Postby BookSaver » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:32 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Thanks for opening the thread today, Harriet.

Last week was rough. It was one of those weeks when all I could do was grit my teeth and try to keep moving.

Yesterday we were super busy at work. We had sunshine all day and I think everyone was eager to be out running around. The temperature didn't get far above freezing, but the sun was strong enough to melt off some snow & ice.

The rest of this week we're supposed to be getting warmer but lots of rain so now I'm already hearing flash flood warnings. I will not be sad to see the snow and ice go away. That is an understatement. When I can finally store away my big clunky waterproof snow boots, I'll be dancing in the street. The way things are going, I'll still be wearing those boots on Mother's Day.

I'm going to try again this week to totally clear out and deep clean the front entry hall. It's a horrible, messy project that needs long blocks of time.

Lots of laundry to catch up today. I have a webinar to watch at lunch time, and then I need to run errands in TheBigCity. Among other things, I need to shop for birthday cards and a new satchel.

I just found the directions for changing the time on my watch ... right where they were supposed to be and where I unsuccessfully looked for them yesterday. Why couldn't I find them yesterday? Because Monday. :|

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 am

I love the idea of have a clearer picture - what a nice way to start the day!!!

good morning d harriet and d dee

thank you d harriet for a lovely start of the day!
d dee- I am glad last week is behind you d dee! praying for a wonderful week to follow!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am

today is my dejunking day after my hair appointment. so so exciting 8-) 8-) 8-) :D
have a great day!

I need clear thoughts so I don't confused by what needs doing. have the best day ever!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:03 am

Oh gentle hugs, Harmony. I am rather confused about one thing though. Anyone I've EVER seen go through cataract surgery has that eye covered with a bandage until the post op visit. THEN the drops started. I know of what you speak though. When they did my retina surgery following the cataract surgery, Dr decided not to use general anesthesia but rather shots to the eye to numb. That didn't do the trick and the surgery was very painful. I know I have to get the other cataract done now and I'm so afraid of doing it as I know beyond a shadow that something went wrong during my last one that caused damage to my retina. Hope today is better for you.

I just had one horrific coughing jag. And I was feeling so much better. Stumbled into the bedroom to get my inhaler. Haven't used it before now. Think when dh gets back from pressure washing his brother's sidewalk, I'll try out my new nebulizer. Dr. up home prescribed it for me & I got it a few weeks ago so I'd have it if I needed it. This may be the day! I had big plans for today as I was really feeling better when I got up and moving. Now I'm wasted.

Dh has a loaner from the dealership where he took our car for oil change and tire rotation yesterday. They discovered a problem with the 'boot' on the CV joint. We had the CV joint replaced last year. Supposedly this is under warranty. And in addition when he shut the car off and went back to restart it, it wouldn't start. Seems the battery suddenly died. We've not had any problem with that.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:16 am

Well, I did accomplish washing the dishes. Forced myself to hang in there. Now will rest for at least 15 and go on to just one project. Perhaps cleaning the top of the desk in our bedroom.

Dh just called. He made sure he took a shirt to change into before he went to pick up our car. Said he's finished pressure washing by their garage and is on to their sidewalk. Then he's coming home to shower, change and get his teeth WHICH HE FORGOT! Had me try getting in and out of the loaner which is a '19 jeep Cherokee. I could get in alright but needed the seat much higher and there was no electronic button for that. Not for me. Not really ready for a new car yet anyway. Hard to believe we'll have had this one 4 years in August. If I can get him to wait just one more year.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:22 am

Good morning! I have energy today! Must get things done before it gets siphoned away!

I just walked the ddog and had a nice visit with a neighbor who was also walking. Such a nice neighborhood! And I have 3K steps already.

Dh wants me to pick up dry cleaning and I need some groceries (again) so I'll need to go out. I think I'll finish a.m. routine and head on out and get that over with.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:25 am

Dgd is on her way, she is having tummy issues again. I was just thinking she might help with planting seeds. I can give her one of the round mini bags I made.
Happy to say I got the seed tote decluttered and cleaned out yesterday.
We have the trash can at the curb.
I need a plan... thinking .... kitchen zone needs attn. Maybe after planting would work best.
Journaling planning & make bed are done now.
We had a bit of snow / rain / hail mix this morning.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:41 am

I'm on the bus heading home now after toddler time at the arts centre. Dgs was very good for me all the time. His mom took him to the bathroom before leaving and he was apparently very obstinate with her. I was watching her backpack so started to worry when she took ages.

I'm exhausted despite 11 hours in bed last night. He went to sleep without whining or tears but woke up whimpering for his mom two hours later. He settled down in minutes. He woke us up 2 hours after that shouting out the ingredients list for cornbread. In. His. Sleep!

We made cornbread for breakfast and made it to the toddler time just as it started.

I'll be home soon and will have lunch. I'm starving.

cats

Postby cats » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:47 am

When I had my cataracts surgery about 5 years ago they put several different drops in the eye prior to surgery just before they take you in they inject a solution to relex and numb everything but your totally awake. After their done I was able to see out that eye with no problems had to put in three different eye drops one for a week and the others for a little longer
During the day no bandage at bedtime
You do have to have it covered for several days

Return to “Post When You Can”