Tuesday with a clearer picture

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Tuesday with a clearer picture

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:58 am

Good morning! My clearer picture is that now I can see a bit out of my recovering eye. I wouldn't call it clear but better. Course, I still need glasses to see.

Once I finally got to sleep I slept and slept. They said something they gave me was mild diuretic and all day and evening I was back and forth. This morning I am almost 5 lbs. lighter. I've been having problems with fluid buildup and can sure tell the difference.

So...Dee, I'm sorry if I scared you with my tale yesterday. They no longer patch the eye after cataract removal. No longer use shots in the eye either, it's all done with drops. That part is easier. I had something in an IV and I was definitely "out" but not entirely, they called it twilight sleep... and I have no memory of them wheeling me into the operating room, or out of it, and I came to sitting in a chair sitting beside DH. Have no memory of any of that.

But because of how much I felt during the procedure they'll be giving me propofol(sp?) next time, I heard someone say... while I was "under" I kept hearing a lady yell to look to the left, so was I squirming around or something? I do hope I didn't make everything harder for the surgeon.

I do wonder about the drops I received. The gal who did them once poured a whole lot down my face and at the time I wondered if I had gotten any in my eye? I was fully dialated, there was not a problem with that, so I'm just thinking... I'm not going to raise the question today at appointment because I am probably going to get the same gal next Monday... but I will ask her nicely to make sure they're actually IN my eye next time.

I'm sure glad I had the best doctor, if there were problems.

First thing I did this morning was get up and walk into a door frame. My eyes being uneven has my balance off! Whew this has really been something. We leave 1:15 for post-op appointment. My eye is still dialated. The drops still burn.

I put the dishes away from the dishwasher. And made a little breakfast for myself. And got dressed. I considered that progress!

Cats, your experience sounded easier than mine. Happy for you. It's more what I expected. I'm just getting some sight back now. I wish they required it to be covered. If I hold it shut it's less painful and more comfortable. Every year there's more advances made I guess.

My drops are a solution of several together and I must shake the bottle first before I use. 4X a day this week; just 1 drop at a time. Bad thing about this type is insurance doesn't cover a mix like this and I had to pay for them, about $90. The eye place said it's more convenient this way. Yes, but more expensive. Mine still burn a little wee bit.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:05 pm

Oh, you didn't scare me, Harmony -it was my own latter experience. The cataract surgery was as my dh says, 'a piece of cake'.

Been thinking of more and more things I need to list to make sure they're done before dh leaves in less than 2 weeks.

Going to walk out to the mailbox. Have soup (homemade & frozen) heating on the stove. It needs to finish thawing before I even think about it getting hot. I've had it out all morning but obviously not long enough.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Dee, that is what everybody told me. Piece of cake. It just makes me want to cry. Why was mine so painful? Maybe if I'd expected it to NOT be a piece of cake I wouldn't have been so upset.

Are you trying to get yours done before your DH leaves this winter? It took me 2 weeks of appointments first to just get set up and scheduled.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:18 pm

No, not down here, Harmony. I have to have it done up home so will make appointments before I go up to see the ophthamologist. The conundrum comes in that my driver's license expires on my birthday and I won't be up north until after that and I have to have an eye exam first. Complications, complications!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:20 pm

30th Anniversary of The World Wide Web today.

I may edit our first post with that, come to think of it.

Hiya, cats! Isn't it nice there's so much wisdom and experience here - somebody usually knows what the other one's talking about!

BookSaver, you DID have a week. :shock: Is the front entryway so bad because of weather as well, or just because it's a catch-all? (to which I can relate)

((group hug ((((Harmony, Dee, LadyM, Norma))))) group hug))

Many get-well wishes.

blessed, special get-well wishes to your ddyounger, too.

My thought on the title this a.m. was partly that Harmony was going to be getting a clearer picture, although I have no idea how long that takes! I figured we all need a clearer picture of something!

My clearer picture today was in our errands - HRH's blood work for a clearer picture of when he'll get back on schedule, and to tax lady for clearer picture of what we owe the gov'ment.

Enjoying the posts in A, C and N thread. Twins', the answer to that "should" is yes you should. ;)

before it gets siphoned away!

That is such an accurate image of what happens to our days, isn't it!

Dee, I rode in dstepson's way-too-tall truck and had to be in-and-out several times. That is for the birds. They can fly in.

I saw a lady with a small stool on a rope. She took it out and set it at just the right spot on the pavement, got in to the truck's driver's seat while holding the rope, pulled the stool up and put it back in the truck for next time.

Can't believe it's already the Second Round of Focus Cleaning this year. Goodness.

cats

Postby cats » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi I was glad mine went well.
The eye doctor office that I had it done through a actually had the meds their that they gave us without it costing anything at the time didn't have insurance. And any thing I didn't use and hadn't opened I return to them so they could give it to someone else.

cats

Postby cats » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Harmony I would say something about the gal that did the drops. And request she not do them on you. That's the only way she will learn and let's that office know they have a problem chances are she done this before.
Good luck on the other eye

cats

Postby cats » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Haven't been here but have read and kept up on what's been happening.
Their been a little progress on house
The best thing that has happened is my son and his wife had Twins Feb. A boy and a girl . They knew ahead of time that the boy would have to heart surgery he came threw with flying colors were hopeful that he will be able to come home in another week or two

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:28 pm

praying for clear views d harmony - praying for wonderful healing to your beautiful eyes!

just a quick hi. Just got home.
dh is taking donations in from the other day.

anyone whomever said making decisions (or overwhelmed) while dejunking is easy - must have been born without the clutter gene and born organized! I am getting closer and closer every day. 8-) ;)

telling myself... Believe you can finish this, "my home is not a storage shed, my home is not a storage shed, my home is not a storage shed" (barbara ? a student of Minimalist home and uncluttered), my home is not a museum (me), my home is not a hobby shop: not a embroidery shop, quilt shop, a photo studio, a genealogy museum, paint shop, art studio, knitting studio, sewing studio, kids studio (any more), a book store that is the size of barnes and nobles, a basket studio, sewing machine shop, cooking studio, library of cook books, sailing school, a future vacation mecca of information, needle point studio, fabric store or what every else I have made it lol - oh yeah - don't forget the I wanna be past - snow shoe, tennis, racket ball, and every athlete hope. :D

Kat asked me: who are you now... mmmm - haven't thought about that in a long time.
still want french, piano, out door walking, beach, water, math and finish one craft at a time to finish.

too much thinking lol 8-)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:32 pm

The stool and rope are exactly what I did when I had to use ds's very high truck one day -many years ago now, Harriet.

Return to “Post When You Can”