Wednesday Whether Weather

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Wednesday Whether Weather

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:06 pm

I'm listening to the snow plow clear the parking lot below me. Beep, Beep, Beep, clang, rev+slow-scrape, rev back, repeat.

Dishes are done, garbage is out, music is practiced. We have 40 minutes of singing. So that's good, with banter it will the hour we are allotted.

I'm tidying a little now, but I should be packing. I find tidying is an obsession, as soon as things get a bit messy, I want to start putting things away. That's how the apartment is staying much neater these past two months (except for the office with the table for sorting stuff, and piles of empty boxes for containerizing in drawers.) Dgs spotted the globe in the living room when he was here. He's never seen it before, I think because things were always so messy in that corner, his eyes never managed to fall upon it. He was sad we wouldn't let him touch it (it is a 3D jigsaw and none too sturdy having fallen to the hard floor three times.)

I will start packing my computer bag now and then pack my main suitcase. Packing light is the theme of this trip since we aren't checking bags. Dh is doing a practice run for his 'Cleveland' trip which follows this one by a few days. For that trip he is not allowed to check bags and will have an extra item to carry so has to plan for that on the way home.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Just keeping up with some basics here. I tidied some things in the laundry room and went to put them in a low drawer and forgot I wasn't supposed to bend down like that and stopped instantly when I remembered. This is hard.

Our shredder stopped working. Have no idea why. It was working a few days ago then sat there not being used and wouldn't start to work yesterday when we tried. DH looked at it, plugged it in somewhere else, and nothing. Puzzling. It's not even a year old. Guess we'll have to get another one. Again.

3 long phone and a nap took away the rest of the afternoon. Funny how time flies.

BWTG Elizabeth setting a door. That's not easy.

See everybody tomorrow. Hope Norma is feeling better today.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:43 pm

Hope you all stay safe in this crazy weather! I hope WE stay safe too -- we plan to be on the road again tomorrow -- just a day trip to Nashville, to the SEC basketball tournament. Just dh and me this time. I am feeling better since my steroid shot and starting the antibiotic, but I'm still coughing a bit and still very hoarse -- not as hoarse as yesterday though! :D Now my dmom has it -- called her this morning and she answered in a whisper. She saw the doctor this afternoon. And ddil came home after school and went to bed sick, too.

DGS went back to school today and wouldn't you know? Picture day. :roll: DS/DDIL didn't know, since dgs had been out of school the first two days of week. When I saw him this afternoon, his scraggledly hair (he's still pulling at it) was all sticking up crazy and he wore an old t-shirt that belonged to ds back in the day, vintage Grand Ole Opry. Fortunately, these are just spring pictures, just a money-maker for the school, IMHO, but they also did the class picture, so everyone will buy one of those, I'm sure. Oh well. Whatever.

I haven't done much of anything in this house today, but I did cook supper and wash the dishes. Also made out my master list for the week, now that the week is practically over, :shock: and I may not get it all done by Saturday anyway, but it made me feel more in control of things. While I'm here at the computer, I had better send off an email to the teacher group, reminding them of next week's meeting.
Today ds and I went to see what they had at the "trophy give away" and we were very relieved to find out they were not just wholesale tossing championship trophies -- these were mostly things like 3rd place JV cheerleaders and Po Dunk Invitational basketball tournament and Diddly Squat Festival tennis. I mean -- yes, things that mark some level of accomplishment, but in this age of participation trophies for every one who shows up -- these were not major events. The librarian said the ass't principal found them just piled in a storage closet in boxes, no order to them at all, and he wanted to at least offer them to the community so if someone wanted them, they could find homes.
I told her I believe some organizations occasionally have asked for trophy hardware to refurbish -- maybe Special Olympics? I'm not sure -- but she said she would tell the ass't principal to contact the Sp Ed supervisor and ask about that. I also suggested if the time ever came to weed out more significant markers, the title plates should be removed and mounted on boards, all county titles together, all regional, etc, for each sport. She and another teacher friend agreed that was an excellent idea, so I don't feel my time was wasted. And dgd went with us, so everyone "made on" over her.
Then ds and I (and dgd) went to McD's, and the post office, and picked up dgs at school...
then I went back to town and went to the bank and the drug store and met dmom at her doctor's appt -- so I could give her the photo book I had prepared for her birthday. Two weeks ago... :roll:

And since supper I have done nothing. I did not go to church tonight. Figured I had been out and about enough and needed to rest my voice, per doctor's orders.

That's a lot of snow, Kathryn! And it is beautiful! But I'm sure it's messy and a headache to deal with. How long till spring arrives for y'all, generally speaking?
I think spring has sprung here. It was almost 70 degrees here today, and the high tomorrow is 74. (70% chance of rain, though.) But Saturday night's low is 32, and Sunday high only 58 -- so we may still have some "Blackberry Winter" or whatever they call it this time of year.
Hope y'all have a good trip!

Glad you got a surprise day off, Elizabeth!

And so glad you got some much needed "me time," Twins!

Cream cheese dip sounds good, Nancy!

Still sending lots of good wishes and (((HUGS))) to Harmony & Mr. Harmony!

Sounds like you had a very nice day, Harriet! I am so glad! You've had a lot to deal with -- HRH's health worries, and the church stuff, and everything else you take care of -- you needed some "me time" too!

Blessed, it sounds like you are doing so well lately -- I love when you share some of your insights from Kat. I need to watch some more of her videos.

LadyM -- that is really some forecast! I hope it doesn't cause horrible problems for y'all -- maybe just some big snow for ds & dgd to play in -- once the hurricane winds die down!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:02 pm

Rehearsal was nice. Difficult music, but interesting to set up the choir loft with people for the first time in years, now that the only musicians we have left play the flute and acoustic guitar, and can simply walk away carrying their instruments. Not trying to get too ambitious, we are thinking maybe we could have a choir again one Sunday per month. The one lady who was early for regular time and found herself sitting and listening to us was very complimentary of how we sounded and even made a "request", lol. The regular Wednesday church afterward was not as cheery, but we learned a lot we all need to know about church family - illnesses, losses/difficulties of jobs, etc. Together we sang the lady's request song at the end.

On the way there, I delivered to ds34 the gift-bag of multi-presents HRH had accumulated for him, plus card. HRH and their family have a back-and-forth exchange of a crazy stuffed birthday duck who sings a nerve-wracking song, and ds sent in return a photo of toddlerC holding and rocking the duck. She is the only one in the family who loves it. She is the only one in the family who can stand it.

Still no bday pie on the horizon for ds. I just can't get everything done. HRH says since they had bday cake today at his house, maybe the weekend is better anyway.

Dd had some concern at work today when a student had a seizure in the middle of the busy building interior and was brought to the gallery by medics who needed a calm space to assess her needs. Dd said she was so impressed by all the passersby, who dropped everything to rush to her assistance, call for help, use whatever med knowledge or experience they had to make her more comfortable.

Return to “Post When You Can”