FRIDAY FARE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

FRIDAY FARE

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 am

FARE: An agenda of things to do. Do you have 'fare' waiting for you today? I know I have to write down that agenda for many reasons: Dh going north, DS-R & family coming here for just a few days next Friday, DD's birthday today, my own packing for dh to take north. Guess that's enough to think about.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Twins' Mom

Re: FRIDAY FARE

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:44 am

So glad you went ahead and got us started today, Dee.

I'm feeling conflicted because I just told dd that it isn't convenient for me to pick up her P anda E xpress meal for the kids at temple and get it to her. Dh and I have a 6:15 reservation for dinner and are seeing a show here at 8 p.m. It really kills me to say no to her, but OTOH it's not my fault she hasn't planned it earlier. (Not that I would have agreed to do it had she called me yesterday.) Technically I could squeeze it in, but I just don't want to. I was planning to s2s before going out. I hate being put in this position but I would hate it more if I told her I would and then hated it. :roll:

I need to see my dmom today. I haven't gotten there all week.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 am

I had two 'firsts' today. I finally, finally had a very good night's sleep. After dh came home from Trivia last night I fell asleep and slept straight through till 7:30 this morning. Unheard of for me. Even then I was very sleepy and couldn't really wake up but my bladder woke me up. Some nights I'm up 5/6 times and awake for hours! I took my thyroid med before I went back to bed. Uh-oh!!! :o Thought I had to reach down further than I had been for my med but it was small & round so thought nothing of it and went back to bed to snooze. Let's say I shouldn't have pain today! I looked at the container after I'd been up for a few. Looked at it and saw Amoxicillin! I'm very allergic to it. But then I opened it and there was a smaller bottle inside. Took it out and looked. It was Oxycodone -dh's!. I evidently had put it on the desk last night while sorting out some things for packing. No wonder I was still sleepy when I got up. Hopefully I'll have no ill effects. I've never done something like that. I did then take my thyroid med and am waiting for time to take my other morning meds. (How I wish there weren't so many!) Probably should get rid of the oxycodone as dh won't take it any way & it was obviously given after some surgery. Yi-yi-yi!

Dh has gone to get his hair cut. He found a L owe's gift card in his wallet this morning. I called to get his balance -$25. He probably has never used it.

We're going to L onghorne Steak House tonight to celebrate dd's birthday. We have a $50 gift card from our anniversary last summer and dd found a $25 gift card last night from something. So it'll be a 'cheap' date for us. Have to find a birthday card for her today. I saved last year's as it said all we wanted to say & I'll give it to her again, along with a gift card for Amazon. There's things she wants there & it's just easier for her to order what she wants. Dsonil is giving her a $50 bath & body gift card because that's what she wanted.

Going to wrap a water bottle this morning. It came to our campground office last year -it was to our dfriend who has stage IV lung cancer (and she's really not doing well). We've wanted to go see her -She's about 50 miles from us. But either we've been sick or she was having a very hard time so we haven't been able to go. We're obviously not going in the next week -she's actually in the hospital right now for varying side effects of her treatments. So want to wrap it and send it up to her. Would like to be able to see her before I go north in May. Perhaps dd and I can drive up at some point. It's pretty obvious that they won't be going up this summer.

Think I can take my meds and eat breakfast now. Have all good 'fare' today!

Certainly understand your position today, Twins. I was having a hard time starting today too. Couldn't think of a title.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 am

Hi!

I am moving some stuff around the house and trying to clean at the same time. UGH! That just does not work.

Tonight's plan is to go to a new-to-us restaurant in Niagara Falls, but not in the touristy area of the falls. Dh is craving a burger. Every once in a while I ask him if he is craving something. I asked earlier this week and the answer was "A burger", so that's what we're doing.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:13 am

d dee thank you for starting us!!!
spring must be coming when the dear Dee Family head north for the summer. yay!
what a blessing that you had a good night sleep!
happy birthday to your dd!
(praying for her health)

hello d cathy enjoy your dinner out!

hello d twins I totally understand how you feel re: dd and getting the meals. you are busy and it's good for her to do this but I totally understand your feelings! I go through that too with dd's. They find a way just like we do. its okay but it does pull the heart strings.

hello d everyone. tonight going out for dinner and a play with others.

today is my zone work day, car and purse (an I don't wanna job re: car), put away a basket that i keep putting off to go down in the basement. my normal daily routine, Stop by walgreens to pick up dvd s made from old video tapes. it will be interesting to see. dropping more off - wish I could afford to do them all at once. :D

zone work today: bathroom, clean inside and out windows in bathrooms (wood trim too), wash curtains.

I have been struggling to get here later in the day but I do think of all of you!!! wishing you the best!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:50 am

oh no - falling down the computer rabbit hole. Got to climb out. 8-) :shock: ;) ;) ;) ;)
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am

Don't let it grab you, Blessed!

Just finished putting up dh's meds for 1 week. Just have one week's container left out. Have packed all the rest. Had ordered him 3 more smaller containers (which he really likes). Need ones with morning/evening/night for him. So I also had put up 3 weeks of his larger containers. So, in all, he'll take home 7 weeks worth. So! He should only have to do about a week of refill until I get home. I had 4 individual (3-parts) containers and I've packed those for his trip home. The one that's left right now I'll just keep filling daily (more or less) until he's ready to go home. I guess he's pretty well decided now that he'll stay until the 26th (Tuesday) since DS-R & family will be here. Haven't told dbil/dsisil they're coming yet. We may not and then invite them for dinner on the 25th. We plan to smoke a turkey. It'll be a good time since DS is experienced in smoking. We bought an extra one for practically nothing at Thanksgiving.

Noticed dsisil was really not 'with it' yesterday at breakfast. She was really acting very Zombie(ish). It would be good for DS to see her at least this time. They decided to come for a few days to get away from the winter -and neither of them is working right now. DGS14 will only have to miss 3 days of school. They waited to make airline reservations until he was cleared to fly (because of the blood clots in his arm). And DDil still hasn't been cleared to return to work -her surgery was the first part of January.

I'm still a little bit 'loopy' so am trying to do mostly things I can do sitting. Good thing I didn't have to drive anywhere. Neither one of us would 'voluntarily' take oxycodone or any of that realm of pain killers if we could at all avoid it.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:58 am

Hello! Despite the fact that I've not posted as much lately, I do think of you all every day!

Today's fare is desk work: paying bills, balance checkbook, filing, etc. Morning routine is finished. I've swept the driveway and front porch. I've also condensed the extra empty boxes and rearranged them neater.

We've been busy the last couple of weeks. We've had several errand days for a doctor appointment, groceries, trip to the tax office to pay property taxes and trip to the title company to sign papers. We still don't know the exact closing date. "The Man" has been here to look at the A/C; put more freon in and so far it is nice and cool in here. We've had an appraiser here (buyer's finance), surveyors, inspector for buyer's homer owners ins. I've been doing extra cleaning as more things are packed.

The buyer is here now to fix a couple of issues found by the inspector yesterday. He patched two little spots on the edge of the roof and is now installing shut off valves on the kitchen sink. I'm not sure if he will fix the one electrical socket that the inspector said had crossed wires. :roll: This is all so that the home owners insurance will be the lowest cost for them.

Dson#1, his dmil and our dgdK21 have been coming twice a week to help with packing. I've lost count of how many boxes are done, but our family room is almost filled. I've been doing extra cleaning as more things are packed. The dining room is finished now.

I haven't talked with my dcousinSue in almost a month; last night she called me. I didn't get a chance to tell her much about what is going on here, but she did tell me she is having a knee replacement this summer. Then she got another phone call which she had to take, so I will talk to her today, hopefully.

It's almost time to get some lunch. Mr. C has gone back out to pick up a part he needs, so I think I will make us a quick sandwich so I am not in his way as he works.

Dee, happy birthday wishes to your dd. Hope you are all right with the meds you took. I have been fixing my dh's pill containers for a couple of years. He still sometimes takes the wrong ones. His containers, one for each day, has morning, afternoon, evening and bedtime, which works really well. But once in a while he would take more than one section at a time. Thankfully he never had an adverse reaction to double doses!

I know I've missed saying happy birthday to others here and also get well wishes to those who are not feeling well. Greetings to All!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm

I'm just a little light headed and not real steady on my feet, so am trying to take it easy, Sunny. I've put dh's meds up for many a year. And we're normally okay with it all. He has so many, as do I. Would love to be able to cut it down. Maybe if I ever get this weight off! :cry:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Waving to all. I have s2s and washer twins are going. I sliffed up kitchen counters after I diud another pap er mache ptoject it is drying now. We have sun out now. It is only 35* outside here now. Back from errands & walking the dog..
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”