FRIDAY FARE

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: FRIDAY FARE

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:44 am

I realize I'm up when I shouldn't be. Time for bed. Dd and I had decided to hula-hoop with A lexa and after the upbeat tunes that wore us out, sat up for a while sharing our fav music over the years and a history lesson of some landmark pieces. D Martin (her choice) led us to F Sinatra, who led us to the hit of the evening, These boots are made for walking. She was delighted with that connection. But thinking of Martin's tv show also led me to A Williams' show and Moon River which led me to Tenn Waltz - teaching dd my parents' two favorites. And so going in the P Page direction, we were off into Hank W and K Wells for a history lesson about who really made Honky Tonk Angels, and then I taught her about the winner of the poll for "the song of the century" of last century, Islands in the Stream. I had just started explaining Willie N as an unlikely romantic singer when HRH came downstairs and switched us to Weird Al, breaking any always on my mind love-song spell, and setting a new tone. It just doesn't take long after "Tacky" to decide it's late and time to go on to bed, lol.

Return to “Post When You Can”