Simple Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Simple Saturday

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:01 pm

quick quiet hi! ended up no going out yesterday night. ended up with a migraine. still have the pressure today. The great sunshine is out today and it isn't bothering me. yay.

wishing you a blessed day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:47 pm

Harmony, I do remember having to use baby shampoo at some point after one of my eye surgeries. Not sure if it was the cataract or retina surgery though.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:06 pm

always something needs doing never seems to end

Cats - I agree!

My day started at 5am when an alarm went off. Argh! It was an alarm I used last Saturday and had mistakenly set to repeat weekly. Oops

I have enjoyed having a day with nothing scheduled. I have fed and supervised DS10 and DGD7 but otherwise, have spent most of my time thinking or doing something with garden plants.

I made myself a huge green salad for lunch with about 1/2 of it homegrown. I get great joy from growing and eating the vegetables.

I am still hurting on my left side. I've learned how to move to keep the pain manageable. I'm wondering now if I have popped some ribs out of place. I'll make a visit to chiropractor early next week to make sure everything is in the right place. I return to my family doctor on Thursday and see what he says. In the meantime, I try my best to ignore it. I keep busy doing things because I don't want to cause a panic attack by thinking too much about it.

DS10 has spent most of the day with a neighborhood boy (my favorite of his friends). They have been in/out of the house several times getting drinks and snacks. They have spent hours riding bikes, 4 wheelers & go carts. The back of DS10 shirt is covered in mud spots. It's easy to see they have enjoyed going through mud puddles causing the back tires to flip up mud so some of it landed on his back. Why do boys like doing this? Earlier this week DS10 was riding his bike through the bar ditches filled with water. He was riding his bike through 6" of water when the chain on his bike broke which sent him flying off the bike. He proudly showed me his skinned up elbow and knee where he skidded across the asphalt. Why do boys like doing this? DS10 and his friend just left on their next adventure. They are both wearing backpacks that have their tackle box inside and they stuff all the fishing rod that would fit into the backpack. They have about 5' of the fishing rod sticking straight up from each of their backpacks. They do this so they can ride their bikes to the local park and go fishing. I told DS10 to not put live fish in his backpack!! He has his phone so if they catch some fish they will call and have someone come get it. I am happy that DS10 has reached a maturity to do things like this and has friends that are good influences. I'm glad the weather is bright sunshine and a beautiful day to be outdoors.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Hiding in the bathroom for a moment. My head is overwhelmed. And it's a revolving venue so the views are stunning but I am having to compensate for being in motion and my brain is tired from that.

Gotta run someone's coming.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 pm

I slept in after watching TV till 11 pm that show about the fraud case against the gal that made false claims about all the tests she could do with pill sized amout of blood. The good news is that I got current on laundry last night.
I cleared off my rolling cart upstairs and moved them in front of the window on the south part of the house, and moved seeds there.

We are having a lovely day, mostly sunny. I have been outside and organized the potting shed outside, and prepped soil in tbe plant cage,
raked leaves up from around the plant cage area. Then I walked the dog.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:50 pm

Afternoon event is over. Dinner is in 30 minutes. Dh's aunt and uncle are resting in our room and we are in a corner of the lobby resting by reading.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:07 pm

A cottage roll has a slightly similar taste to corned beef. This one might be saltier with more fat/blubber. It's wrapped in string and you cook it by boiling it. Dh and I don't have a preference, so we get whatever is on sale for a better price. Sorry if that sounds vague.

Corned beef is beef and cottage roll is pork.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Kathryn, I'm sorry you had to retreat but glad you had a retreat space. Interesting that travel has not affected you, but a revolving room has.

Harmony, for some reason she has always really liked Dean Martin. She had heard boots were made for walking before, to the point she could almost sing part, but had no idea the artist was kin to any other artist. The rest was just associations, like similar variety shows, similar voices, etc.

I dropped dd off at the young man's house, where his family was preparing to follow him to a wedding. He's one of the groomsmen, so was already at the church.

Afterward, I braved a Saturday grocery trip. I found people irritable and sullen. Need to remember that Saturdays are not good.

Muddy shirts - I remember asking ds how he could possibly have gotten spattered mud at so many places on his clothing that didn't seem they would have been in harm's way.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:03 pm

No fish were caught but the boys enjoyed the adventure anyway. I checked on them not because I didn't trust DS10 but because it is just what I do. The park was full today. I'm guessing about 100 people were at the park. That's pretty amazing considering our town only has about 1000 people.

Tomorrow DH and I will have the afternoon to ourselves! DGD7 is going home with xDSIL after church. DS10 is going with our VDFriend Mary to have some one-on-one time together. She asked last week if she could take him to the movies. Mary is one of our Sunday lunch group and has a special place in her heart for DS10.

I fixed Italian sausages, potatoes, and coleslaw for dinner. It was good.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:43 pm

I wish I could get this medicine-y taste out of my mouth!!!
Maybe since I finished the antibiotic today it will wear off?
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”