Soaring Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Soaring Sunday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 am

I'll be soaring on my way home today because I have a 2.5 hour flight.

How will you be soaring today?

CathyS

Re: Soaring Sunday

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:43 am

Hi!

I've been up since just after 5. Our back yard motion detector light was on and it made the entire bedroom bright and I face the window. So, UGH!

I put the stuff from the washer into the dryer. Filled kitchen sink with water. Made myself a tea. Turned on computer. All very quiet things. Cat yelled at me for her morning treats. She only gets them once a day, and not that many because we don't want a fat cat. It's usually a post shower ritual for her and dh. He gets out of the shower and she yells at him until he gives her treats for saving him from all that water. LOL!! She is so concerned when we are bathing or showering.

I played on the computer for a while. I also watched the cruise ships come in to Port Everglades/Fort Lauderdale on PTZ dot com.

Supper is supposed to be pork ribs. Dh will be doing the cooking.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:02 am

Before I soar, we have a busy day here.

We said good-bye to all our family last night so we're free today to do a couple of things.

First morning routine. My tea tray arrived at 7 but I took until 7:20 to haul myself out of bed and pull it into the room. Each morning I receive a thermos of hot water, two cups, two sets of tea, milk, sugar and mugs, plus two pieces of biscotti (which is delicious!) A nice little bit of something to help me wake up gently.

I don't have to wash my hair this morning but I will have to deal with the uneven water temp in the shower to wash off my body. It is one of those dual showers, rainfall from above and a wand on a height adjustable holder that has great force. I love that but the water pressure in this antique hotel means the temperature alternates between just under scalding and ice water.

Thankfully, it starts at the just under scalding so when it turns to ice I can nudge up the lever with my foot as I cower at the end of the tub out of the flow of water, and then when it starts to get too hot push it down with my hand. Still, it is a challenge except both days the temperature changed when I got to the 'wash body while conditioner works in hair' stage of the shower. So today I should be in and out before I run into problems.

After I'm dressed, we'll pack and then breakfast. We'll check out, leaving our stuff at with the front desk. We'll be out of here by 9:45 and get to the train museum by 10. At noon we'll leave there and walk to the planetarium for the 1 p.m. show. Then grab a taxi to the hotel, pick up our suitcases and if everything goes according to my plan (the big issue is picking up a taxi/rideshare quickly), we'll be to the airport for 2:30.

We're already checked in and have no baggage to check so we'll go straight through security and likely have an hour or more in the lounge.

The only problem I see in there is that I won't have any time to eat lunch and we are in the air on a plane without hot food for dinner. The choices of places to eat at in the airport are pathetic, so that's the downside to this plan. I have protein bars and there will be some snack food in the lounge so I won't starve, but I might be uncomfortable. On the other hand, over the past 3 days I've consumed more than an extra day's worth of calories so maybe that can hold me over. There's a burger place in our airport we can eat at before going home.

Last night for dinner, I had just the garden salad, plus 2 rolls since I had grazed all afternoon at the reception. The food was amazing there, beef wellington bites, chicken skewers, asparagus in puff pastry, a beef carvery, fruit and veggies (there was way more, that's just what I had.) So the salad was all I needed for dinner.

It has been a food oriented weekend. We have yet to buy a meal since leaving home. Between lounge food for lunch and an extraordinary breakfast buffet included in our hotel rate, Ken's aunt and uncle footed the bill for every other meal.

Dh's phone has stopped working, won't charge (and fully discharged overnight) and may be dying. A reboot isn't working so factory reset is the last chance for it. It is very old for a cell phone (we'd bought him a Note 8 a few years ago but returned it because it wouldn't work with swapping SIMs) and this could be its end.

Dh absolutely requires a cell phone next Saturday so I will probably order something today so it will arrive before he leaves. I was planning on him traveling with my second phone (he needs a European and NA SIM for the next trip and his is not a dual-SIM phone so we do have a backup but he really needs a new phone. My old phone is bare-bones and will just run a browser, messaging and maybe email. There's no room for music or games or other apps like WhatsApp on it.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:43 am

waving hello to you d kathryn and everyone.

its a growing emotional time for my family. dd younger wants to stay in Florida and I am not sure if that is good for her. no one will be there this summer. She doesn't have a college degree. her health is still an issue, and I worry she will spin tires. so I am looking to God for all of us in the family and for her to listen to Gods voice What ever it is. Gosh I wish I had a crystal ball. Am I making a mistake by not making her come back for my lighter heart. I don't know what the right answer is. So today I am praying for guidance and Faith.

I wonder if I am being irresponsible as a parent by not making her come back as dd older thinks. I want her here but is that really what would be good for her. So lots of prayers. I know she has made friends there and she is really come to grips with her health and works out 5 times a week. She follows the nutritionist. lots of good has come.

I will have a guideline that I expect but if I bring her back now for her to start again it will not be good. lots of prayers for her to make good decisions and move forward.
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 am

I am up and going to church for the first time in a month. I got sick on Feb 23rd which caused me to greatly restricted my activities outside of the house. I am still hurting but controlling it with OTC Tylenol and knowledge of how to breathe and move to limit the pain. I am doing baby step exercises to stretch the muscles in the chest.

I'm going to move some of my bigger plants outdoors to enjoy the sunshine today. The forecast has the wind at 8mph today which is perfect for starting the process of hardening the plants.

Yesterday I made a version ofthis microgreen planter. Everything I used was different material but the method is the same. It cost me about $1.00 and 10 minutes of effort to make it. I have ordered a "real" microgreen growing tray that was $15. I will be experimenting with which one I like the best. What I used to plant microgreens last week worked okay but it was a bit of PITA and it's not what I want to use going forward.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:50 am

Hi Blessedw2!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 am

Hi Cathy! Hi Lady!

alrighty I have been up since 5 and I need to be productive and thoughtful.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Lady M cool tray! I got up at 8 today went to bed at regular time.
Planning & joyrnaling done.
TV is off.
I need to go out to the shed and measure for shelf runners when it warms up in a bit. Ok so I suck at carpentry, h had to help me measure, I did it between the studes, he said to include them luckily two of the ones would work for the other side, had to cut others but caught the mistake before we got too far in to the project & I was just using scrap wood steaks. Pics are on fb. I have cleaned out the planting shed yea! Cut a reclaimed pool ladder to get to the loft also.

Planted some seed onions in front of the plant cage to cover up the concrete blocks, inside they can hold dirt and plants.

Time for lunch.

Do you have your green on?.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm

Morning..

I’m up and watching basketball along with Twins and Lucylee. I went to Tennessee so there’s no guess to who I’m rooting for. Should be a good game... waving to y’all :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 pm

hi rose too!

Return to “Post When You Can”