Soaring Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Soaring Sunday

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:18 pm

it's been a rough day but still moving forward.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi everyone! I did get to dance class Friday, but lost my shirt! Or at least, I forgot to put it in the car, and I was wearing a tunic length sweater. Definitely not good. I constructed a top from a scarf/dance veil and it looked good enough I may use that trick again. Saturday's vet visit with Alfie resulted in a diagnosis of feline herpes virus (present in about 90% of cats), with ocular involvement. No infection, no surgery needed for blocked tear ducts. That's the good part. The less good part is that this will be with him forever and flare up under stress. Normally, it is painless, not itchy, and requires no treatment. However, it makes him look like he has an eye infection, decreasing his adoptability. It can lead to corneal ulceration, so if he is ever squinty, he needs treatment. This is how Bolita lost her eye and Minerva lost most of her sight in one eye. If they had been house cats receiving vet treatment when the problem appeared it would have been prevented. In fact, if they were well fed healthy house cats, it might not have happened at all. We got an adoption application for Cocobella, but it is not likely to work. The adopter travels between NM and WA, spending several months in each place. Because she plans on traveling with the cat rather than leaving her for months, it would be an acceptable situation, but the foster says she does not travel well.

Today has been a frustrating day, starting with my foot hurting and shoes making it worse. I did put shoes on for church, of course, where the frustration intensified. The lady behind us spend THE ENTIRE SERVICE jiggling and tapping things!!! I wanted to send her to the toddler room, but she looked about my age! DD17 and I wanted to smack her, which is not conducive to godly thoughts. Seriously, the children in our church behave better than this. DD17 is dong homework, I have contacted a friend. My exciting afternoon plans are to put away my LOLs and do some account research and update my estate planning folder.

LadyMaverick: Boys like to ride through mud for the same reasons us girls do! The messier it is, the more fun. I have mostly fond memories of riding bikes through hurricane related flood waters in the low end of my neighborhood. I say mostly fun, because one memory involves a trip to the ER and a scar you can still see today. At least he got off with scrapes.

blessedw2: How old is DD younger? Can you make her come back? If it is a mistake, is she stuck?

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:07 pm

I am just now looking in. I slept this morning and and then dh and I went out to brunch at a "mid-eastern bistro." It is not well known, not many at brunch early so I want to support them. They are new so we are hoping their business makes it. We ordered falafel to go for dd and met her at the temple when she got there for Purim play practice. Afterward dh wanted to drive around and look at houses with later open houses, and we went to the grocery also. The driving around plays havoc with my tummy. I've always been prone to car sickness, but I think the slight amount of dizziness or upset tummy that these meds cause make me very susceptible to it. I got a motion sickness band at the grocery to try for next time.

When we got home we sat in the sun on the porch for awhile - dh napped, and the dog and I came inside for our naps. I actually just laid down to settle my tummy a little more.

I need to get moving. Dkids are coming for supper later - ds suggested chili and grilled cheese sandwiches so I need to get the chili started. Ds also wants to work on his tax return with me and is coming in 30 min or so. I need to straighten up the kitchen also and do some planning for the week later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:30 pm

In the lounge. There was still soup being served so I have had a good lunch.

The day has gone off like clockwork.

Bought a steam locomotive shaped pencil sharpener for DgsM2 at the train museum.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Sacrificed my nap for the ballgame... from our vantage point, it was worth it. Tennessee has a great team — I suspect yesterday took a lot out of them, Twins & Rose.

Then... just when I was going to try to doze off, dh started emptying the dishwasher so I helped him with that and then went through my Sunday card...
— washed lunch dishes
— watered plants (and pulled off dead leaves)
— refilled med dispensers
— checked purse for junk to throw away
— checked grocery list
— got garbage ready to take to road
— did allergy shots
— wrote check for newspaper man

In about 30 min, I have to get out supper. Dh wants to eat early bc he wants to watch the NCAA tournament selection show and I want to eat early bc dmom and I are going to a funeral visitation (her first cousin’s dh.)
Afterwards — Wmart and groceries...

I have totally been off track the past two weeks. Hoping to get a fresh start now that I am finally seeing some relief from this sinus crud. I’m still coughing a little, but not enough to disturb my sleep, so that’s good.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:17 pm

As it ended up Lucy, I didn't even watch it. I had forgotten what time, and we were out. When I remembered it, I was sitting on the porch and googled the score, and realized I didn't want to watch it! I'm sure it was a great game for your team. I think the big orange ran out of juice after yesterday.

I wanted to mention that a card that I posted last week online was mentioned at the stamping site today as a "Clean and Simple" favorite for last week. It's quite an honor!
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:35 pm

hello.

hi d twins! that is an Honour!!! so great!
hi d Lucy! yay on your work and how fun about the game! glad you are starting to feel better
hi d kathryn! so happy the day went well!
hi d Elizabeth! (((d kitty)))) hope your foot feels better!
she lost a few years bc of her illness and brain injuries. I think she has been doing so well with physical fitness and diet and it may send her back into depression. lots to think about. She is 23 but lost 5 years of her life.
hi d nancy!
hi d cathy!
hi d dee!
hi d lady!
hi d rose!
Hi d everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:43 pm

Sunday
I finally managed to get out the house and get shopping done.
Because buses are hourly on weekends, and it would be at least 50-55 min til the next one, and there was yet another afternoon storm gathering in a place with potential for our area I dragged my shopping home. from checkout desk to home was 30 min inc wrestling the top off a juice bottle and getting bags loaded in my cart.
I use a double handed drag behind me and call it weight and strength training.

I have not been so well lately.

Anyway. otd to my Monday.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:32 pm

We had supper more than an hour late, but it was well worth the wait time. Dh asked me about the ribs part way through the afternoon. We discussed having them in a tomato sauce like we saw on a cooking show the other night. I looked up some recipes, looked over to the right at my pantry shelves and with one slight change to one of the cans of tomatoes, I had all the ingredients. Because I have been waiting on the brand of canned tomatoes that I like to come on sale, we only had one can. I had a can of stewed tomatoes, so I used those as the second can. Those 2 added to some onions, garlic and a can of tomato sauce made a "Sunday gravy" according to all of the Italian recipes I found for this and 2 1/2 hours later we were sitting down to the table.

Earlier today ours hearts soared when our previous neighbor knocked on our door. He lives in Nova Scotia now, but his mom and adult children still live out here, so he jumped in the car and drove out here for a visit to his mom, kids and various friends. We sat and talked for quite a while. I had just commented on something on his FB page a couple of days ago.

I have the last load of laundry in the washer now.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 pm

I use a double handed drag behind me and call it weight and strength training.

(Lynlee) you may not feel so well, but you certainly have your wittiness, and cheery way with words.

This morning, church was okay. A slightly larger crowd, and one visiting family back with us, whom we had heard would not return. I'm not convinced they're really "with" us, but maybe somehow we are a blessing to them as they look around. She is a singer used to majestic solos on soaring anthems and our tiny church is hardly the venue she expects.

Out briefly to Michael's to buy pris macolor pencils with dd20. She got a good discount.

I decided not to return to church this evening. Just too much on my plate, and it's never been clear to me what we're all studying this particular book for. It's for specific officers and doesn't make sense as a study for most.

It took both dd and me to get the hens up this evening. They are thrilled with the damp, easily turned earth that has so many surprises. They will stay out until they barely have enough light to jump onto roosts.

Return to “Post When You Can”