Mapping Out Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Mapping Out Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:51 am

Is your day mapped out (at least a little)?
Have you traced a confident route to get you where you need to go?

Or are you still trying to figure out how to fold and unfold the thing? :?

blessedw2

Re: Mapping Out Monday

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:21 am

I have my compass in hand - my map... oh my gosh where is my map..... 8-) :D

Good morning d Harriet!!! Good morning d everyone.

today is home blessing day fingers crossed.
dealing with phone calls etc.
My declutter list is in place for this week. getting there.
this week is the bedrooms zone.

i LOVE Mondays as you all know... so HAPPY MONDAY!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:32 am

Good morning! Where is everybody? I am at payroll with myself and my car intact. 'Tis the season for the car wrecks! We are in the time that the sun is perfectly aligned with a section of road from Home City to Work City during morning rush hour. There was a long string of accidents. It looked like three separate incidents. There is another time period where solar alignment affects Work City to Home City commute during evening rush hour.

My foot is better after relacing my shoe. I did get the LOLs put away finally. Tonight's essentials are minutes for animal org and DPCs. I tried to reach my friend who had the hip replacement, but haven't heard from her.

It appears I am winning the vacation wars. The x can afford to take DD17 to far off, expensive places. Spring break will be Las Vegas, summer is likely Greece and Italy. DD wants to go back to FL with me and spend 5 days at Busch Gardens parks. She hates traveling with her stepbrother because he complains about everything and makes everyone miserable. DD was bummed about my not having enough $$$ for fun travels, but got excited when I suggested camping at the wolf sanctuary. The x is spending all this time and money, but only on what he wants without asking what she would like to do. I wish he would have a father-daughter trip so she can have one good travel memory with him, but he won't go without the other woman, and she won't go without her son. (No one asks what he wants either. I would take him to a video gaming convention. They take him to museums and shopping.)

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:40 am

I have done my planning. Did that last night. It is 30* and frosty here this morning, sun is coming up now. I got up on time. Thinking cooking up a chicken or roast this week for dinner and lunches after. I need to load a few limbs I pruned off yesterday when it warms up. Waving to you all.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:48 am

Morning...

Not sure where my day will take me. Need to call the vet as I am out of Willis’ meds so that may mean a trip to the vets.

I have an old cracked tea cup that was my great grandmother that my dil wants to use in her mosaic project. Can’t decide whether to send it to her whole or break it up before I mail it.

Have some laundry to do and must take care of my sunnies ... sunflowers. It’s been unusually cold and rainy here for a while, plus last week the winds ansteady 20mhp for 4or 5 days.

Not complaining abt the cold weather cause I know the hot weather is right around the corner. In fact during the next three days the temps will be 83+ degrees.

Off to pickup footprints and make some phone calls. Waving to y’all.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:06 am

I love being able to get a late start, especially on Mondays. Dh is out bowling tonight, and I have a hair appointment this afternoon. I decided to only get it cut this time, the gray is not intolerable and I'm tired of the upkeep. We'll see how I feel next time around. My S tampin up goodies will be here this afternoon so I'll have playthings later. :lol:

Heading out to walk ddog right now. I have laundry going, I already hung a load to dry and this round will go into the dryer.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 am

lol, a compass - that might be needed, too, while deep in the recesses around here.

My early promise of house-sitting an hour for ds was cancelled - L owes carpet people can't come after all. Don't know if that will be rescheduled.

We're waiting for a call-back from dr here. Last we heard it would come (this past) Wednesday or, if not, Friday. Well, it's Monday and we still don't know a date for his next treatment, so it's very hard to plan the week.

Morning Dailies done and a good breakfast. Kitchen spif.

Next up I need to get onto Desk Day, including making an online order.

Then I can make some fabric decisions and put away all the other fabric for a cleaner slate.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:04 pm

I'd say if you haven't heard by this afternoon -can you call the office & perhaps say something about perhaps you missed their call since you were out for a period of time or something wrong with your answering machine? Just a little 'white lie' might not hurt in this case.

I've been up for a while. Dh went to school with dd to volunteer. Tomorrow I'll take him to meet her to go to a hockey game in Orlando. Then Thursday he'll go to school with her again for their CO2 car races. This is a big deal for their school & they've invited other schools to come watch. Last year's newspaper articles showed by the expressions on lots of students' faces, how thrilled they were to watch this event. Dh will help her with it throughout the day. She had to laugh about an email sent out by the school on Friday. Lots of instructions for the week and then in small print at the very bottom it said, "If you read all the way through to the end, you may wear jeans all next week." Of course dd gets to wear them anyway in her technology/industrial arts class. We all know how many read the small print. :lol:

I've put away the clean dishes and did up the dishes from last night. Also got a lol going. Have to really schedule the laundry this week so I can finish packing Saturday. Think when DS-R, DDIL & DGS14 are here it's supposed to be a nice beach day Saturday -77 & sunny. Of course it's also spring break time. Think dh will go with them, but dsonil & I are staying home. We only have room for 5 in our car anyway.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:13 pm

It is Birthing Day for me so I took the opportunity to celebrate by lying in bed for longer than I should have. It is probably the time zone change that is making me lazy today.

Had a slow moving morning but I'm s2s now. Hair is air drying, bed has fresh sheets, first load of laundry is in the washer, the second and third are lined up. I put another coat of clear nail polish on and am taking a half hour for a rest.

Our map for the day will be decided after nap time. Someone is running hot today but is in a happy mood so they don't know if they should cancel dd's birthday dinner or not. It is at a busy buffet place but dgsM2 won't be wandering around, so if he's contagious, only we will be exposed. Dd didn't want either of my back up offers (dinner here or at her place.)

So we wait to see what the day holds. I've emailed ds offering dinner out near here if our other plans are messed up.

Next up is for dh and I to practice the music but he has an email to write first. So I'm here, typing carefully while my nails dry.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:14 pm

Good Morning (for a few minutes yet!). I have been awake since 5:30 a.m.; tried to get back to sleep, but laid awake doing some thinking. Dh woke up around 8 a.m., but wasn't ready to get up yet, so we watched some news and weather. Around 9 a.m. DMinnie decided she couldn't keep her legs crossed any longer, so that started our day.

Morning routine is done, kitchen cleaned up. I have two loads of laundry ready for the washer and they can be going while I finish up a few things for Desk Day. Some time this week I want to take the curtains down and get them all washed and several blankets that need washed also.

There is a good amount of cloud cover here today. Temp was down to 53* overnight and high today probably at 70*; it is 65* here now. I have heard sirens from fire trucks and emergency vehicles out on the main road several times this morning.

Thinking of Harmony this morning and hoping things are going well.

Happy birthing day Kathryn!

Hope you hear something for dh soon, Harriet.

Wishing everyone a good day!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”